Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 9 of 32 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: New Players for Next Year

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Paudie was offered a deal and he turned it down.

I don't mind a bad youngfella but a bad youngfella with notions....

Point taken about loi centre halfs but by the same token there's dozens could do an equal/better job than him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluewhitearmy View Post
    Hopefully another signing or two this week from what I hear.
    Probably two more keepers, that's all that seems to be left to pick through. I'm sure Martin can mould them into a striker and a full back. Another terrific off season.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LFC Blue View Post
    I hope we didn't want them because if the likes of Morrrisey chose to travel up to that hell hole training on his own as a "full time" player above coming to Limerick then I would really be worried about our pulling power.
    Harps stayed up last year. Galway stayed up for the past two years and were around the top four for half of last year. They're both better bets for a footballer than a side just coming up, even one with the kind of budget other clubs can't match.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LFC Blue View Post
    I hope we didn't want them because if the likes of Morrrisey chose to travel up to that hell hole training on his own as a "full time" player above coming to Limerick then I would really be worried about our pulling power.
    It beggars the question though if we are not in for the likes of these two lads then who the hell are we in for????
    Morrissey won't be training 'on his own'. There'll be another three or four full time players training with him every day.

Also, don't underestimate the power of the manager behind the team bidding. It's not completely about money or pulling power of the club themselves. Ollie Horgan played a massive part in Morrissey coming all the way to Donegal over Limerick. Also, don't buy into the line that he wasn't wanted at Limerick.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    Morrissey won't be training 'on his own'. There'll be another three or four full time players training with him every day.

Also, don't underestimate the power of the manager behind the team bidding. It's not completely about money or pulling power of the club themselves. Ollie Horgan played a massive part in Morrissey coming all the way to Donegal over Limerick. Also, don't buy into the line that he wasn't wanted at Limerick.
    While I don't buy what one person told me that we never spoke to Morrissey I do believe what another told me that we spoke to him and were't too pushed about signing him, I believe this cos we have done this with players a hell of a lot better this off season than Morrissey.

The point you make about Horgan too I think that can work in favour of a club and most definitely against a club and I think our manager just can not sell the club or speak to players properly from what I am hearing. I think you are being a bit flattering to Harps though with the whole came to ye over us I don't doubt for a second if we really wanted him we wouldn't have got him over ye.

International Prospect sadloserkid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    I find the talk from a few people that they're only interested in renewing season tickets if we're challenging for Europe mindblowing. How entitled is that? It is our first year back up. Ignore the hyperbolic rhetoric from the chairman and let's try and establish ourselves properly this time around (I'll be the first to admit that this will involve signing more players). For anybody to suggest (here, on a reasonably obscure forum of all places) that they're only onboard if the club is doing really well doesn't say much for their credentials as a supporter. It makes no sense to me how anybody who watched us in that wretched dump of a division last year wouldn't want to take in as much of a Premier division campaign as possible.

Support the club like. By all means question the underwhelming recruitment process we're suffering through at the moment but if your support for the club hinges on a top 4 finish the first year back in the top tier you'd want to be having a good look at yourself as well as MR/POS.
    The ball is round and has many surprises.

7. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sadloserkid View Post
    I find the talk from a few people that they're only interested in renewing season tickets if we're challenging for Europe mindblowing. How entitled is that? It is our first year back up. Ignore the hyperbolic rhetoric from the chairman and let's try and establish ourselves properly this time around (I'll be the first to admit that this will involve signing more players). For anybody to suggest (here, on a reasonably obscure forum of all places) that they're only onboard if the club is doing really well doesn't say much for their credentials as a supporter. It makes no sense to me how anybody who watched us in that wretched dump of a division last year wouldn't want to take in as much of a Premier division campaign as possible.

Support the club like. By all means question the underwhelming recruitment process we're suffering through at the moment but if your support for the club hinges on a top 4 finish the first year back in the top tier you'd want to be having a good look at yourself as well as MR/POS.
    I don't think it's fair to say people are only interested in renewing season their season tickets if we're challenging for Europe. I think myself and others are just pi$$ed off with (what seems like) more bull coming from the club (again), I'll still support them even if their bottom of the League or in the first division or wherever weather its with my season ticket or I pay in on the night

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    If you are going to go anyway and can pay in one go, buy the season ticket, its probably the most constructive thing you can do towards getting players signed.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Doom and Gloom,Doom and Gloom.....those talking about not renewing season tickets because of lack of signings etc are indeed a sad bunch...support your team ffs.forget the bulls--t talk of Europe and all that ,this club needs to stay in the Premier full stop ..that for now is all that counts.now Russell has committed to the job its up to him to keep us there ..on what sounds like a decent budget....what squad he signs will be his call..his players so mould them to at least keep us up.

11. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    While I don't agree if anyone wouldn't buy a season ticket if we weren't challenging for Europe I think it is just as ridiculous to insult people who don't want to spend their money if the club is peddling bs. Its their hard earned money and why should they spend it on season tickets if they think they are being made fools of by the club?Its fine saying just ignore the talk from the club but in reality people shouldn't have to the club should learn to keep quiet if they aren't going to deliver on things. And by insulting em I just mean the post above calling them a sad bunch.

I am still nowhere near as panicked as some it seems though I am willing to wait and see what comes in January there will be plenty of time to complain and panic if we are coming close to start of the season and still in the same position.I again think we will have one or two signed up before christmas whether it be new heads or re-signings.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Just to clarify for my own part I'm not panicked.

I just enjoy giving out.

I'm sure we'll ship in a container load of Craig Curran types in January and go on to be really, really, mediocre.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by da bishop View Post
    Doom and Gloom,Doom and Gloom.....those talking about not renewing season tickets because of lack of signings etc are indeed a sad bunch..
    The cheek of some people deciding how they spend their own hard earned money!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lim till i die View Post
    Just to clarify for my own part I'm not panicked.

I just enjoy giving out.

I'm sure we'll ship in a container load of Craig Curran types in January and go on to be really, really, mediocre.
    Or Aaron Browne's😖

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blueblood View Post
    The cheek of some people deciding how they spend their own hard earned money!!!
    Read the post properly and better still review your own.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by da bishop View Post
    Read the post properly and better still review your own.
    Yes it's not doom and gloom, doom and gloom, and I'll spend my money however I please season ticket or not, new Jersey or not. Does that make me "sad"!! We'll if it dose it dose 😂

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Mick aherne reckons Dean Clarke to sign soon for the supervises.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Clarke would be a very good signing imo. Would be one we beat a few clubs to aswell.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Linked with Mark O'Sullivan from Cork in the Sun, hopefully that is just him or his agent trying to get more money from Waterford.

International Prospect sadloserkid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    Yeah Mark O'Sullivan is done as a Premier Division player and looked it in the majority of his many cameos off the bench for Cork this year. Think Waterford could be a good move for him though, could have a John O'Flynn style Indian summer in the First Division
    The ball is round and has many surprises.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Any update on Dean Clarke?

Page 9 of 32 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast