Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: What do you lot think of this

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

What do you lot think of this

Player on loan with a club was asked to go in training by his parent club in the morning.
    He felt obliged to so in he went.
    Went down to training that evening with the club he was loaned too and was told, 'You're not training with us you already trained this morning and by the way we are fining you a weeks wages, on the chairmans instructions.'
    Player spoke to the chairman and was told, 'It was the managers decision and I agree with it.'
    Seems all wrong to me.
    Surely the onus was on the parent club manager, not the player, to clear it with the loan club.

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts
    Player needs to talk to both managers and get it sorted. Simple.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KeepersBall View Post
    Player on loan with a club was asked to go in training by his parent club in the morning.
    He felt obliged to so in he went.
    Went down to training that evening with the club he was loaned too and was told, 'You're not training with us you already trained this morning and by the way we are fining you a weeks wages, on the chairmans instructions.'
    Player spoke to the chairman and was told, 'It was the managers decision and I agree with it.'
    Seems all wrong to me.
    Surely the onus was on the parent club manager, not the player, to clear it with the loan club.
    This does not add up at all

Firstly, why would the parent club want the player to go train with them? If he is currently on loan, then he cannot play again this season for the parent club.

The parent club is contracted to pay the players contract, and I very much doubt that the loan club have a contractual right to fine the player. Any loan arrangement is between the two clubs.

The issue is between the two clubs - and the PFAI, if the player involved is a member

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Why can't he play for the parent club .
    Can he not be called back from loan .

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KeepersBall View Post
    Why can't he play for the parent club .
    Can he not be called back from loan .
    The minimum loan period is a full registration period, so he might be able to be sent back but he wouldn't be able to play again until the next period begins.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    I know Conor Ellis is training regularly with City while on loan at Cobh. That was part of the loan arrangement

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts
    The PFAI should be all over it for the player. Can't say no his employer, can't not show up for training with either club. Looks like a stuck between a rock and hard place situation for the player as it sounds like no specific agreement was in place between both clubs regarding the player's training commitments.

Cork and Shamrock Rovers are the only two full-time clubs with players loaned out to other clubs, as like above with Conor Ellis & Cobh I think Shamrock Rovers' players that have been on loan with Shels still do some sessions with Rovers.
    The Leinster Senior League needs a strong Bohemians