Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gary Rogers in Ireland squad

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    221 Posts

Gary Rogers in Ireland squad

Interesting piece in the Indo. Martin O'Neill wants Rogers in the squad for the friendly v Oman tomorrow (fair enough) AND the World Cup qualifier in Serbia on Monday. I presume Rogers won't be involved v Crumlin tonight- he wouldn't have started anyway- but Dundalk are away to Bohs on Friday and away to Sligo on Tuesday. Gabriel Sava is good cover but hasn't played a lot. This is an extra complication we weren't expecting.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/socc...-35007124.html

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    Sorta hilarious if Dundalk drop points against Bohs on Friday after scrambling to move the game and screwing Wexford in the process. They will probably still win.

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by El-Pietro View Post
    Sorta hilarious if Dundalk drop points against Bohs on Friday after scrambling to move the game and screwing Wexford in the process. They will probably still win.
    "scrambling"? - as in move quickly, in some type of desperation?

Strange description of how the FAI reacted to a problem caused by Cork seeking fixture postponements

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Is Brian Murphy signed up? He's a far better goalkeeper than Rogers anyway.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    "scrambling"? - as in move quickly, in some type of desperation?

Strange description of how the FAI reacted to a problem caused by Cork seeking fixture postponements
    We didnt cause any problem. We had two players called up by the FAI to the Under 21 squad. As per the rules we requested that these games were postponed.

Where in the rules does it say a League game can be moved so that another League game can be played?

6. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    462 Posts
    If you were to pick Dundalk players to be called up to the Ireland squad, Rogers would be a little bit down that list imo. I wonder the reasons why some of the better Dundalk players were ignored and Rogers was not (even if it was as a replacement)? Maybe the hectic schedule or O'Neill thinks they are not good enough for call up at minimum.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts
    Do you have some inside knowledge of how the Bohs\Dundalk\Wexford situation happened? If so, please enlighten me as I must have missed where it was stated factually that Dundalk were responsible for the situation.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Where in the rules does it say a League game can be moved so that another League game can be played?
    The FAI moves in mysterious ways.

They would probably argue there is no rule preventing such a change.

In any event Dundalk are happy, they have a game on Friday. Cork are happy not to have to play two games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GCdfc View Post
    Do you have some inside knowledge of how the Bohs\Dundalk\Wexford situation happened? If so, please enlighten me as I must have missed where it was stated factually that Dundalk were responsible for the situation.
    I don't, but the whole situation is rubbish for Wexford. I thought it was the LSC game and didn't pay too much attention, but moving a league game stinks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBoss View Post
    If you were to pick Dundalk players to be called up to the Ireland squad, Rogers would be a little bit down that list imo. I wonder the reasons why some of the better Dundalk players were ignored and Rogers was not (even if it was as a replacement)? Maybe the hectic schedule or O'Neill thinks they are not good enough for call up at minimum.
    Probably the latter, to be honest.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts
    I don't, but the whole situation is rubbish for Wexford. I thought it was the LSC game and didn't pay too much attention, but moving a league game stinks.
    Have Wexford issued a statement saying it was done without their approval? Without evidence your anger is unfounded. I wouldn't want Wexford to be shafted either but we have no knowledge of what actually went on in the halls of Abbotstown.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    Read the Irish Times article, he suggested because of their fixture pileup otherwise he would have called a few up to training with the Ireland squad.

If you see how he picked Rogers earlier in the summer and has now called him up, it must be disappointing for those players he was thinking of calling up - even if they don't know who they are, they could hazard a fair guess.
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Well they needed a keeper and Daryl Horgan is unproven there so they went with Rogers

15. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts
    It's good to see any LOI player in an Ireland Squad. Hope he gets some game time vs Oman.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    I'd say there's a decent chance he'll get game time against Oman, he's been called into the squad as cover a few times now, often just to make up the numbers so it'd be a nice reward for him. It'd be nice for us to see a LOI player capped too. Joe Gamble the last on the US tour though Brian Murphy was called in as keeping cover by Trapattoni.
    "If you don't work harder I'll pull you off at halftime,"
    “Crikey, at Manchester City all we get is an orange and a cup of tea,"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    I think Rogers deserves at least 20 mins, this is the third or fourth time he's been called on, fair is fair, give him a run

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts
    Don't think Rogers will be getting on with Randolph on after HT. Makes no sense that one.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    288 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vinnie View Post
    I think Rogers deserves at least 20 mins, this is the third or fourth time he's been called on, fair is fair, give him a run
    Ireland caps shouldn't be given out because "ah he deserves it". And no, it's the second call-up he has gotten. I'm happy for him, but it's a token gesture. Forde left because he obviously wasn't going to be called upon, the same as Rogers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts
    We didnt cause any problem. We had two players called up by the FAI to the Under 21 squad. As per the rules we requested that these games were postponed.

Precisely

22. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts
    I have it on good authority that the FAI announced the fixture change at 10.20pm on Saturday. By the time it was discovered, the Club lodged an objection to be told, "sorry, we cannot change this decision within 6 days of the proposed fixture". We were shafted without the muscle to call them on it. Childish behaviour by muppets

24. Thanks From:

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast