Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fingal Project?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    217 Posts

Fingal Project?

Fingal County Council were to build a stadium and have a football team to represent the area. Sporting Fingal came and went. Have they totally shelved plans for a LoI club?
    https://foot.ie/forums/117-Kerry-FC
    A Championship: 4 years - 8 first teams - 0 financially ruined. First Division '14: 7 first teams.
    Opportunity lost for new clubs/regions to join the LoI family.

2. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    877 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by legendz View Post
    Fingal County Council were to build a stadium and have a football team to represent the area. Sporting Fingal came and went. Have they totally shelved plans for a LoI club?
    Yes!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts
    What happened to their two fans?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    330 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by redarmyfaction View Post
    What happened to their two fans?
    You read my mind. Was there a lad who used to post on here called The Lep or something like that...

6. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    There's a major opportunity for a club to relocate to the Swords area. The Tallaght blueprint worked for Rovers (ups and downs notwithstanding). There's a massive and expanding catchment area there just waiting to be taken advantage of. I think either a new club, an existing local club or a current League of Ireland club (Shels) should try to establish themselves there. I'm sure Fingal County Council would love a modest stadium and club of their own given that SDCC and DCC soon will.
    "If you don't work harder I'll pull you off at halftime,"
    “Crikey, at Manchester City all we get is an orange and a cup of tea,"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ger121 View Post
    You read my mind. Was there a lad who used to post on here called The Lep or something like that...
    Aye, The Lep is right,what was the other called.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,231 Posts
    Lamper.sffc I think.

Gone the way of SuperGretna once things didn't work out quite how they predicted.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    The Lep and Lamper is right. And then there was born2bwild, but he joined the dark side down in Tolka thereafter.
    DID YOU NOTICE A SIGN OUTSIDE MY HOUSE...?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts
    If Fingal Co Co were serious about establishing a football club in the area they would have joined forces with an established clubs such as Shels or Bohs

They chose to instead of going it alone with funding from a shady property developer who himself conveniently was dependent on planning permission in that region being granted by Fungal Co Co...

Sporting Fingal was the greatest vanity project in LOI history, they spent stupid sums of money on wages for 3 years for absolutely nothing and the day they ceased to exist was one of the few positives for the LOI since 2011

12. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts
    The Lep and Lamper were meant to be brothers they lived with their mother and took turns on the computer to post at each other on the SF sub forum here, there was posts on one of our old forums about then.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    330 Posts
    What ever happened to that Sheridan guy. Was a Dublin City Fan and then switched to Shels.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    217 Posts
    Back in 2003 Shels were meeting with Fingal councillors. Were Shels supporters in favour of the move? What's the story with Shels these days... are they staying put in Tolka Park?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    184 Posts
    Back in 2003 Shels were meeting with Fingal councillors. Were Shels supporters in favour of the move? What's the story with Shels these days... are they staying put in Tolka Park?
    Tolka is owned by DCC as far as i know, but Shels have a lease on it which doesn't expire for about 50 yrs. Shels want DCC to invest in Tolka to bring it up to code. Tolka is is an awful state of disrepair at the moment - only 2 stands can be open for safety reasons, the main stand is in a bad state too. I can't ever see DCC putting any money into Tolka. There would be no point for them. DCC are committed to redeveloping Dalymount so they're obviously not going to put any money into another ground nearby. They want Dalyer to be their flagship ground, like Tallaght is for SDCC. The FAI have said on many occasions that they'd like Shels to groundshare with Bohs but Shels are still holding out hoping for something to be done with Tolka afaik.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    217 Posts
    Yeah, makes sense for DCC to only invest in one ground. Dalymount Park has history. Shels were flirting with Fingal.

I know there are four local authorities: Dublin City Council, South Dublin County Council, Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council and Fingal County Council. What area is Richmond Park in? It seemed understandable for Fingal to undergo a stadium project similar to South Dublin. A municipal stadia with a LoI club as main tenant.
    https://foot.ie/forums/117-Kerry-FC
    A Championship: 4 years - 8 first teams - 0 financially ruined. First Division '14: 7 first teams.
    Opportunity lost for new clubs/regions to join the LoI family.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    184 Posts
    What area is Richmond Park in?
    Richmond park is in Inchicore, south of the liffey - in the west part of Dublin city council.

Purely in terms of geography it's a terrible shame that Rovers ever left Milltown. It's right in the centre of south-side Dublin - an ideal location for a LOI club with a 360 degree catchment area of half a million ppl. To have such a huge population in south central and south east Dublin with no major LOI club (no offence to UCD or Cabo) is an awful pity. At one stage we had 2 - rovers and shels!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    217 Posts
    From an outsider looking in it would seem fair for DCC to help out St. Pat's in Richmond Park as well. It would look after north and south of the city. What do Pat's make of Bohs and Shels being helped out by their city council?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Fingal had a nice team and played really good football. If you look at their lineup, with Williams, Finn, Byrne, Zyed etc., they would challenge for the title in the current league.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    184 Posts
    From an outsider looking in it would seem fair for DCC to help out St. Pat's in Richmond Park as well. It would look after north and south of the city. What do Pat's make of Bohs and Shels being helped out by their city council?
    Well, first of all lets get 1 thing straight, Shels dont feel that they're being done any favours by DCC. They want to stay in Tolka but it's been left to fall apart.

All in all, I don't think Pats are too annoyed about it because they've got more money than Bohs and Shels so they haven't been major competitors for honours for a few years now. Kellegher funds Pats and they've got an ok little ground so all in all I think their content enough.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Do Shels have any solid plans for the future other than hope that DCC have a change of heart regarding Tolka? I would worry about a groundshare in Dublin so hope they don't move in with Bohs. Other than the immediate hardcore, clubs in Dublin don't have widespread community loyalties that make such situation viable. It's not like Milan where everyone is going to support one of the two teams. I'm not sure that support for two teams playing in one ground would survive a few decades in Dublin.

A Shelbourne + Fingal CoCo collaboration in Swords would be massive for the league. It's the 7th largest town/city in the country and only getting bigger, no League of Ireland team, and it's far enough from the city that there'd be no real competition with any other team.
    "If you don't work harder I'll pull you off at halftime,"
    “Crikey, at Manchester City all we get is an orange and a cup of tea,"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by total hoofball View Post
    If Fingal Co Co were serious about establishing a football club in the area they would have joined forces with an established clubs such as Shels or Bohs

They chose to instead of going it alone with funding from a shady property developer who himself conveniently was dependent on planning permission in that region being granted by Fungal Co Co...

Sporting Fingal was the greatest vanity project in LOI history, they spent stupid sums of money on wages for 3 years for absolutely nothing and the day they ceased to exist was one of the few positives for the LOI since 2011
    They were an absolute sore on the league. As bad as we had been and Bohs and every body else making a pigs ear of it, that SF were allowed to do what they did and how they did it was a disgrace and in fact ensured other teams were at a disadvantage. Their failure and collapse was one of the greatest days supporting this league. That Fingal Co Co were able to spunk that much cash at them without any issue is bizarre.

Quote Originally Posted by redarmyfaction View Post
    The Lep and Lamper were meant to be brothers they lived with their mother and took turns on the computer to post at each other on the SF sub forum here, there was posts on one of our old forums about then.
    Explains how odd they were on here.

Fingal were meeting with everyone. Don't forget were Bohs new ground was to be.

Yeah, makes sense for DCC to only invest in one ground. Dalymount Park has history. Shels were flirting with Fingal.

I know there are four local authorities: Dublin City Council, South Dublin County Council, Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council and Fingal County Council. What area is Richmond Park in? It seemed understandable for Fingal to undergo a stadium project similar to South Dublin. A municipal stadia with a LoI club as main tenant.
    We should move to Dalymount but I can understand the reticence. Our core support is already dwindling.

Quote Originally Posted by White Horse View Post
    Fingal had a nice team and played really good football. If you look at their lineup, with Williams, Finn, Byrne, Zyed etc., they would challenge for the title in the current league.
    Go way giving them compliments. :P
    DID YOU NOTICE A SIGN OUTSIDE MY HOUSE...?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast