Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: A night for Alex Lee

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    812 Posts

A night for Alex Lee

Sadly I only came across this article today as the fundraiser is tomorrow meaning there won't be much time to spread the word but when i read this article and found out that Mervue United player Alex Lee had suffered such a serious leg break playing for his club that he had to have his leg amputated I was shocked and horrified. Alex played over 100 times in the FD for Mervue and was part of that brilliant 2014 squad that almost got to the play off final. Without a doubt the best game of football I ever witnessed at CCS was our second leg play off final against them which we won on penalties. The football they played that night under Johnny Glynn was some of the best I've seen in the FD and the entire main stand stayed back to applaud Mervue off the pitch that night. Anyway, getting back on topic there is a benefit night for Alex on in Galway and there's some incredible sporting memorabilia been put up for auction from teams like Real Madrid and different sports people like Pauric Harrington. Everyone should make the effort to share this online and hopefully there will be loads of bids made to help Alex Lee. Full details here - http://www.punditarena.com/irish-foo...ex-lee-mervue/
    BetweenTheStripes.net - Home of Between the Stripes LOI podcast.

2. Thanks From:

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by outspoken View Post
    Sadly I only came across this article today as the fundraiser is tomorrow meaning there won't be much time to spread the word but when i read this article and found out that Mervue United player Alex Lee had suffered such a serious leg break playing for his club that he had to have his leg amputated I was shocked and horrified. Alex played over 100 times in the FD for Mervue and was part of that brilliant 2014 squad that almost got to the play off final. Without a doubt the best game of football I ever witnessed at CCS was our second leg play off final against them which we won on penalties. The football they played that night under Johnny Glynn was some of the best I've seen in the FD and the entire main stand stayed back to applaud Mervue off the pitch that night. Anyway, getting back on topic there is a benefit night for Alex on in Galway and there's some incredible sporting memorabilia been put up for auction from teams like Real Madrid and different sports people like Pauric Harrington. Everyone should make the effort to share this online and hopefully there will be loads of bids made to help Alex Lee. Full details here - http://www.punditarena.com/irish-foo...ex-lee-mervue/
    very sad to hear this Outspoken.Sorry to burst your bubble but it was the 2013 side that came to us in the playoffs!
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by outspoken View Post
    I wish the lad well & hope there's a good turnout
    Very sad to see someone suffer in this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Martinho II View Post
    very sad to hear this Outspoken.Sorry to burst your bubble but it was the 2013 side that came to us in the playoffs!
    Nice to see you got your priorities right

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    812 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by disgruntled View Post
    I wish the lad well & hope there's a good turnout
    Very sad to see someone suffer in this way.

Nice to see you got your priorities right
    Some really fantastic memrobolia and sporting things up for auction. I see even John Delaney gave 2 corporate boxes as an auction item so fair play to him for once. Cheque for over 2000 presented before the Galway game last night as well. I threw up a signed jersey I had for years there today hoping it will even catch 20 euro. Seems like the night is going to be a great success. Best of luck to alex.

6. Thanks From: