Has left Longford. Not that much of a surprise really

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    536 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan View Post
    Has left Longford. Not that much of a surprise really
    at least he quit. I roared at him after final whistle as I was at tunnel as stormed off in disgust after 2nd goal. I told him along with another lad that he had brought shame on the club and it was time to go. He walked on his own and avoided eye contact and was stony faced. I had a feeling that something was going to happen if we lost. Why the club never forced him to quit I never know!

At least he listened to me last night! Never am I so happy and relieved. I know we will go down. But at least with a new manager get rid of the whole squad and start again . Certain members of the board have to go too. Fresh blood badly needed. Theres bad blood between the club and the fans since the FAI Cup Semi Final which has stopped the vocal end of Section O completely and theres bad blood between fans. Hopefully this can be fixed.
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts
    Who will take over though? If the problems are so bad within the club then will a new manager really make much of a difference?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    218 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan View Post
    Who will take over though? If the problems are so bad within the club then will a new manager really make much of a difference?

Its not about this season. Our season is over, we start preparing for next year and hopefully put forward a team capable of challenging for promotion. We could possibly see Cronin finish out the year as caretaker and look for a permanent manager over the winter.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinho II View Post
    at least he quit. I roared at him after final whistle as I was at tunnel as stormed off in disgust after 2nd goal. I told him along with another lad that he had brought shame on the club and it was time to go. He walked on his own and avoided eye contact and was stony faced.
    Quite frankly, that's ridiculous. Fair play to him for not decking you.

6. Thanks From:

International Prospect bennocelt's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    335 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    Quite frankly, that's ridiculous. Fair play to him for not decking you.
    New to football? Come on Charlie, give over

8. Thanks From:

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    at least he quit. I roared at him after final whistle as I was at tunnel as stormed off in disgust after 2nd goal. I told him along with another lad that he had brought shame on the club and it was time to go. He walked on his own and avoided eye contact and was stony faced. I had a feeling that something was going to happen if we lost. Why the club never forced him to quit I never know!

At least he listened to me last night! Never am I so happy and relieved. I know we will go down. But at least with a new manager get rid of the whole squad and start again . Certain members of the board have to go too. Fresh blood badly needed. Theres bad blood between the club and the fans since the FAI Cup Semi Final which has stopped the vocal end of Section O completely and theres bad blood between fans. Hopefully this can be fixed.

I dont know whats worse, Tony cousins as manager or you as a "fan"

10. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    462 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bennocelt View Post
    Charlie does have a point though.

Supporters are supposed to support their team, how is roaring your head off at the manager supporting your team. Yes, you may disagree with decisions that the manager has made but the manager did not make those decisions deliberately as I would imagine that he would want to stay in the job for as long as possible. You also have to remember he is a regular person who does have feelings too, how you would you like someone behaving like that towards you when you are trying your best to get your club out of a difficult situation. Whether you shout or talk quietly, managers will often ignore what the supporters say and rightly so, they must do things their way otherwise they are not doing their job correctly if you are listening to others why be a manager.

12. Thanks From:

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Saying somebody's "brought shame" on a club simply by doing their best? It's ridiculous and I say the same things to Rovers fans who say similar things about our board.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    There's a tendency to over dramatise these things I have to say. Maybe I'm getting old and jaded. We're ****e, we'll go down, it's upsetting but TC didn't set out to take us down so shouting abuse at him personally solves nothing. We'll get a new manager in and hopefully start to get a bit optimistic again even if we are preparing for the First. And then that new manager will no doubt in time become a **** as well. That's football.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    184 Posts
    at least he quit. I roared at him after final whistle as I was at tunnel as stormed off in disgust after 2nd goal. I told him along with another lad that he had brought shame on the club and it was time to go. He walked on his own and avoided eye contact and was stony faced.
    I'm not sure what's worse. Your vile behaviour or the fact that you're unashamedly publicising it.

Why the club never forced him to quit I never know!
    We have laws against this type of thing. It's called unfair dismissal.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    873 Posts
    Hmmm I understand the frustration and emotion and it boiled over here no doubt. In the heat of the moment these things happen but I cant help but recall Sean McCaffrey calling a fan to come over the perimeter wall in Oriel after a verbal exchange. No it shouldn't happen but there could be quite a few stones in glasshouses when a club is being pulled apart by management, board and fans, club looking like relegation and nobody with the ability to do something doing anything. The sense of personal ego being put before the well being of a club is all to familiar to me and while I wouldnt be the type to start shouting there are no shortage of those that I know would and did and not just at my own club either!!

17. Thanks From:

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    816 Posts
    Delighted he's gone it was long over due and as a result the atmosphere around the club was toxic all season. Monday's game will now be a much better place to be becuase if cousins had stayed I wouldn't have seen more than 50 people turning up and the atmosphere would have been awful. There's a Massivs sense of relief among the vast vast vast majority of the fan base now and should be a good atmosphere on Monday now even if no one expects us to win or even stay up. We may as well let Cronnin see the season out now and talk to every available candidate and see what they need to work with and what their plans are. Personally I'd give anything to have Croly he'd change a lot at the club on and off the field. Mathews is being mentioned heavily as usual and while I said previously i wouldn't like to see him back I do feel he may unify the fan base as a lot of the people who stopped going not only this season but ever since our first relegation in 07 may come back given the successful memories that goes with Mathews name. As for talk of the board, a few very silly people are saying Hanley should go. I say silly because they clearly don't realise that if Hanley walked in the morning that would be the end of the club there and then, we can't survive without him. What we do need though in the off season is a first public AGM in 8 years and a clean sweep of the board. Only then will things change at the club.

19. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    335 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    Saying somebody's "brought shame" on a club simply by doing their best? It's ridiculous and I say the same things to Rovers fans who say similar things about our board.
    Ridiculous, really, supporters shouting abuse at managers? This is new to you? Its part of the job, you have to take the good days and the bad.
    When FC Zurich got relegated the fans ran after the manager down the tunnel (live on TV), management had to barricade themselves into dressing room. Angry fans.......its a managerial hazard.

Anyway Cousins isn't a shrinking violet, im sure he can handle a few f words thrown at him. As for Shamrock Rovers fans......lol, please!!

21. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    335 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBoss View Post
    Charlie does have a point though.

Supporters are supposed to support their team, how is roaring your head off at the manager supporting your team. Yes, you may disagree with decisions that the manager has made but the manager did not make those decisions deliberately as I would imagine that he would want to stay in the job for as long as possible. You also have to remember he is a regular person who does have feelings too, how you would you like someone behaving like that towards you when you are trying your best to get your club out of a difficult situation. Whether you shout or talk quietly, managers will often ignore what the supporters say and rightly so, they must do things their way otherwise they are not doing their job correctly if you are listening to others why be a manager.
    They are not supposed to do anything.

The fans get happy, the fans get sad, the fans get angry, that's football. Its not rugby, or Gaelic where croke park is like a library, its a passionate game. No one died, emotions boiled over.....that's it....

23. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Ridiculous, really, supporters shouting abuse at managers? This is new to you?
    No. If you have any follow-up questions I'll be happy to field those also.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    536 Posts
    I didnt go after him.I am totally entitled to do what I did. That was the first time in my life I have done that and it was pure fluke that I happened to be about to go across the tunnel when the game stopped. What is wrong with a bit of passion? Cousins has made us a laughing stock in the league. We were fortunate to finish sixth last season as at one stage we were playing crap and nearly went down.

It has being a long frustrating season. I dont understand what the issue is. From frustration with the board, the supporters club,our fans falling out with each other I am justified in what I did. If we had won I would have applauded them off the pitch. Unlike other fans I kept going to matches in the belief that we would get out of relegation.

With every passing week the situation was getting worse and worse .For such an important game it was such a disppointment to see wot was goin on the pitch. Cousins messed things up with ripping up the squad.The club were even worse in sticking by him when it was obvious that a change was needed. If you were a Longford Town fan you would understand the frustration of our fans.

Now get over it ! Dont be commenting on other clubs affairs when you havent a clue whats goin on in the background.( this is aimed at certain posters who dont like what I did)
    Last edited by Martinho II; 14/08/2016 at 5:08 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts
    I didnt go after him.I am totally entitled to do what I did. That was the first time in my life I have done that and it was pure fluke that I happened to be about to go across the tunnel when the game stopped. What is wrong with a bit of passion? Cousins has made us a laughing stock in the league. We were fortunate to finish sixth last season as at one stage we were playing crap and nearly went down.

It has being a long frustrating season. I dont understand what the issue is. From frustration with the board, the supporters club,our fans falling out with each other I am justified in what I did. If we had won I would have applauded them off the pitch. Unlike other fans I kept going to matches in the belief that we would get out of relegation.

With every passing week the situation was getting worse and worse .For such an important game it was such a disppointment to see wot was goin on the pitch. Cousins messed things up with ripping up the squad.The club were even worse in sticking by him when it was obvious that a change was needed. If you were a Longford Town fan you would understand the frustration of our fans.

Now get over it ! Dont be commenting on other clubs affairs when you havent a clue whats goin on in the background.
    Are you not the full shilling or something?
    roddy collins you're a flanker you're a flanker!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    536 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Olander View Post
    Are you not the full shilling or something?
    thanks for the concern.At least someone cares.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    504 Posts
    We've all been fairly unified in our assessment of TC over the past few years, he took at least a season too long to get us promoted, a top manager may have even gotten us up two seasons earlier in all seriousness, we were a bit lucky to finish 6th last season, by going on a great run, winning the last 4 matches was it?

This season aside, on the face of it, TC has done a decent job, but there's been plenty of little niggling issues that have left fans feel less than satisfied with his stewardship. There has never been any real discernible game plan or style of play, bar hoof the ball up there and see what happens, once we lost Gary Shaw, we lost any sort of player who could possibly make that crap work.

He's never had a great relationship with the fans, silly things like banning drums from the main stand, or not acknowledging traveling fans at away matches, or having little snipes on local radio, get peoples backs up, and when results are bad, just results in even more bad blood. We never even released pre match team news for god sake.. TC never made an attempt to build a relationship with the clubs fanbase, and but for the boards, ineptitude, most clubs would have probably done what Limerick did with Scully, and got him out the door asap.

This season has been a shambles, since the flare fallout after the FAI cup semi final, the club and fans have been at loggerheads, the board are incredibly insular, and seem to have no interest in outside ideas or input, there's a bunch of yes men, absolutely doing their best to keep the show on the road of course, but probably far from up to the task at hand. The squad was weakened significantly, but even allowing for that, there just doesn't seem to be any leadership or desire out there, it's incredibly disappointing.

TC would be a fine manager for a club in the first division looking to rebuild. But he will never be a good premier division manager, he really seems completely unable or unwilling to learn from mistakes and improve.

29. Thanks From:

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast