Thread: Tony Cousins

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    536 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by De Town View Post
    He's not, no.
    thanks very much you and your comrades for ruining Section O hope you can live with yourselves..
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    536 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    All I said was fair play to him for being the bigger man and not escalating the situation. I understand everyone gets emotional about their team but you have to maintain a bit of class too (and like I said I criticise Rovers fans for the same).
    you try and support your team when you go 23 long games without a league win.its easily the worst run in our history since 1984. only once in our history have we gone without winning a game at home which was the mid nineties under John Cleary. Theres only so much you can take.

Even tonight the ban of the drum from the stand still continues. Few lads asked why and was told due to complaints from our home fans. And guess what this was instigated by Cousins himself. I will never forgive TC for what he has done. It was him that told our security.
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GC13 View Post
    He (Matthews) sounded out (by phone) some free agents Saturday re their interest in Longford, I was with one of them at the time
    Were you driving the car?

4. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    185 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinho II View Post
    thanks very much you and your comrades for ruining Section O hope you can live with yourselves..
    I can, thanks for your concern.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    you try and support your team when you go 23 long games without a league win.its easily the worst run in our history since 1984. only once in our history have we gone without winning a game at home which was the mid nineties under John Cleary. Theres only so much you can take.

Even tonight the ban of the drum from the stand still continues. Few lads asked why and was told due to complaints from our home fans. And guess what this was instigated by Cousins himself. I will never forgive TC for what he has done. It was him that told our security.
    You'll never forgive him? My god. You'd swear he'd done a Nick Leeson or something instead of banning a drum and only keeping you in the Premier Division for two years with a First Division squad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    You'll never forgive him? My god. You'd swear he'd done a Nick Leeson or something instead of banning a drum and only keeping you in the Premier Division for two years with a First Division squad.
    They hardly had a first division squad last year tbf

8. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Maybe. Would they have finished ahead of Wexford and Finn Harps last year?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Maybe. Would they have finished ahead of Wexford and Finn Harps last year?
    They finished 6th in league above so I imagine they would alright. I think they would have won the first division last year from the tiny bit I seen of it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    They got off to a great start last year but they were awful for half the season too. And funnily enough it was players like Rice and Salmon that the fans here were saying weren't good enough anymore.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    They got off to a great start last year but they were awful for half the season too. And funnily enough it was players like Rice and Salmon that the fans here were saying weren't good enough anymore.
    Always the way when we had Joe Gamble some lunatics were saying he wasn't good enough the season he left same people were saying we miss Joe Gamble.

13. Thanks From:

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    I wasn't really surprised to see them released as I figured we could do better. Turns out we couldn't, or didn't.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    Banning drums is a good thing. Wish we could ban the woeful drummer at the cross.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Wasn't at the game last night as I'm away at the moment, but reports coming from last night's game seem to be highly exaggerated from those of others I've spoken to. While a bit of positivity is obviously long overdue, it all seems so forced and orchestrated. Philly Gannon seemed to hit the nail on the head on Twitter with his immediate calling up of bullsh*t. The thing about Town fans is we agree on probably 80-90% of the issues and the areas that need addressing, it's just the manner in which these issues get brought up that drives us apart. A few people really need to take a look at themselves. For all the good work they see themselves doing, it's more harm than good that's actually being caused. It's a sad state of affairs. And while we are more than likely facing automatic relegation, the level of celebration and faux optimism is fairly sickening in my opinion. I'll be back home this week. Looking forward to standing in Section O next weekend and hopefully sneaking an undeserved 1-0 win.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    873 Posts
    under John Cleary...Theres only so much you can take.
    Leave John Cleary alone - he was a top class cup final *cough* penalty taker!!

18. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    well for starters, I guess your entire opinion is pretty much invalid as you haven't been attending matches and have been left relying on a mixture of reports

Quote Originally Posted by chickennuggets View Post
    Wasn't at the game last night as I'm away at the moment

the level of celebration and faux optimism is fairly sickening in my opinion.
    As for the forced positivity you have eluded to, I myself have noticed a certain few of the fan base have been staying positive all season and knocking others for being negative but its only now when the majority of the negativity is gone, you then say that the positivity in the camp is fairly sickening. Maybe you and these people of the same opinion should take a look at themselves too as you are obviously very deluded if you feel that fans should stay indifferent and in my opinion the only sicking thing is the fact that this group of fans always have to go against the grain.
    I think Smithers picked me because of my motivational skills.
    Everyone says they have to work a lot harder when I'm around.

20. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    218 Posts

Ah now lads come on, can we not just let by gones be by gones. We all know Section O was dying a slow death. Maybe now is the time for remaining members gather together and recruit new blood and maybe a year or two down the line the Phoenix can rise from the ashes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister X View Post
    well for starters, I guess your entire opinion is pretty much invalid as you haven't been attending matches and have been left relying on a mixture of reports

As for the forced positivity you have eluded to, I myself have noticed a certain few of the fan base have been staying positive all season and knocking others for being negative but its only now when the majority of the negativity is gone, you then say that the positivity in the camp is fairly sickening. Maybe you and these people of the same opinion should take a look at themselves too as you are obviously very deluded if you feel that fans should stay indifferent and in my opinion the only sicking thing is the fact that this group of fans always have to go against the grain.
    I've been to 90% of games this season. And now I'm on my holidays. But good man, throw everything and maybe something will stick.
    The forced positivity is ridiculous to say the least. Nothing has changed in the past week bar the assistant manager is now the caretaker manager. It's not as if we've signed five great players and have a brilliant mind at the helm. Now I'm all for positivity, and I haven't said a negative word publicly once this season as I don't feel it achieves a lot especially given our core group of supporters, but the way some people have gone on since the weekend is laughable.
    I'd love to be on here saying great things about everyone and everything. But I can't. There's very little to be cheerful about when it comes to the club right now, on or off the pitch. But I felt the need to say something when certain people are on their high horses. Just because you roar and shout on Facebook and Foot every week doesn't mean you don't care. I wish people could open their eyes and wind their necks in. Using their brains wouldn't hurt either before arming themselves with keyboards.
    Last edited by chickennuggets; 16/08/2016 at 8:24 PM. Reason: Spelling mistake

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts
    How did they wreck it?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    218 Posts
    I've been to 90% of games this season. And now I'm on my holidays. But good man, throw everything and maybe something will stick.
    The forced positivity is ridiculous to say the least. Nothing has changed in the past week bar the assistant manager is now the caretaker manager. It's not as if we've signed five great players and have a brilliant mind at the helm. Now I'm all for positivity, and I haven't said a negative word publicly once this season as I don't feel it achieves a lot especially given our core group of supporters, but the way some people have gone on since the weekend is laughable.
    I'd love to be on here saying great things about everyone and everything. But I can't. There's very little to be cheerful about when it comes to the club right now, one or off the pitch. But I felt the need to say something when certain people are on their high horses. Just because you roar and shout on Facebook and Foot every week doesn't mean you don't care. I wish people could open their eyes and wind their necks in. Using their brains wouldn't hurt either before arming themselves with keyboards.
    Were you there last night? I was, and I attended all home and majority of away games including Wexford last week. There was definitely a change in mood with the fans. I think most fans have accepted that we are as good as relegated. Last night for the first time in a long time I see effort been put in by the team. Cronin gave a start to our new midfielder and he did well for the minutes he played. We were very unlucky to lose as Simon hit the post and had another disallowed for a marginal off side. For the last few minutes Cronin threw our big centre half up front to try and nick a draw, something which TC never did.

We will be playing First Division football next year, we will have a new manager next year and I'm positive that there will be changes at board level regarding agm and hopefully relationships will be patched up between the board and supporters. So there's every reason to be a bit optimistic for next season.

25. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    185 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by redarmyfaction View Post
    How did they wreck it?
    I'm a little disgusted with myself for getting involved in this online, because it's ridiculously childish, but...

<Mod snip, Be civil FFS> If a person or group of people would rather not be associated with another person or group of people, the natural thing to do with be to move away from them or not spend time with them. However, Martinho II, as well as a few others, are the ones who've left Section O and have situated themselves in other areas of the ground. That's their decision, I've no beef with that, they can do what they want. What I do have beef with is the same people then complaining that those who still sit/stand around Section O are the ones who killed it off. One of those who've deserted Section O, and has on a number of occasions stated online that Section O is dead, is more than happy to use the Section O social media pages for his own benefit in promoting his own website that is full of his own LTFC related views. If it's so dead in his opinion, I'm not sure he should still be using the aforementioned pages for his own benefit.

Again, it's childish stuff, but I suppose that's what Internet forums are for, right?
    Last edited by Mr A; 21/08/2016 at 4:58 PM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast