Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Limerick Premier Division 2016/17

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Agreed on Purcell's goal, Frahill, and the missed chances, but not your first point unfortunately.

I thought the game was a very poor advert for junior football, for a number of reasons.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Standard all round has dropped that's just the new generation coming through, a few premier clubs just training once a week this would play a part on why the level isn't what it should be.

3. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Could be set up for a grand stand finish. Boro no game for the next wk or so, chasing pack can make up ground to put the pressure on. My predictions:

Thursday
    Aisling 1-3 Fairview
    Nenagh 0-2 Pike

Sunday
    Pike 2-1 Aisling

Thursday
    Fairview 2-0 Balla

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AlanOB View Post
    You'd want to match up superblues37's IP address with a certain very active user on the Limerick FC forum, the 12th man! Going by his post history, that account looks like it was specifically created to have a pop at me, and I'd know that wall-of-text, writing "style" anywhere.

And, hey, at least I know who Eoin Hand is...
    Well this is awkward I only ended up in this section because I checked superblues37 posts to see could I figure out who it was. Little did I know it was me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Latest table, stats, and goalscorers chart here, after tonights' results:

AA 2-4 Fairview
    Nenagh 4-1 Pike R.
    Moyross 1-1 Ballynanty R.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts
    Thats 9 goals Pike have conceded to Nenagh in the league ,amazing really.Good win for Fairview after the disappointment over the weekend.Decent point for Moyross in whats been a terrible season for them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    45% of Pike's goals conceded have been shipped to Nenagh. Pretty incredible alright, although they had a very makeshift back four this evening.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Well I definitely fancied Pike to beat Nenagh but how silly of me to overlook the impact the bookmakers might have on the game. That sure is 9 goals they've conceded to Nenagh in two games where Nenagh were well priced underdogs. That's Nenagh who Aisling Annacotty have beaten home and away in the league, who drew at home to relegated Geraldines and who Fairview have played three times and beaten three times. Pathetic.

10. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts
    Spot on TG,some pathetic carry on as of late ,the current league champions have,nt covered themselves in glory either in recent games,Standards have dropped steadily on the pitch....but also most certainly off it as well.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Treaty Gooner View Post
    Well I definitely fancied Pike to beat Nenagh but how silly of me to overlook the impact the bookmakers might have on the game. That sure is 9 goals they've conceded to Nenagh in two games where Nenagh were well priced underdogs. That's Nenagh who Aisling Annacotty have beaten home and away in the league, who drew at home to relegated Geraldines and who Fairview have played three times and beaten three times. Pathetic.
    Both Pike and Nenagh last night played the game with under strength sides. To suggest that bookmakers have an impact on games is ridiculous. Give credit where credit is due. Every team drops points and bare in mind Nenagh to my knowledge have beaten every team in the Premier division (in all competitions) bar Fairview. Looking at the table I think its great to see more than one team in contention for the league coming to the end of a season rather than a 1/2 horse race. That shows the league is becoming more competitive on the table standings but I wouldnt get to see many games so I cant comment on the standard of football in the games.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    The league was over when boro beat pike a few weeks ago , nenagh play some very good stuff in fairness ,unless the likes of pike boro Carew recruit heavy in the summer I don't see any local team challenging for fai next season

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Credit where it's due to Kilmallock for beating Carew when the whole of Carew had money on themselves losing? Not Kilmallock's fault, sorry but that's pathetic.
    Credit where it's due to Nenagh for beating Pike twice when the whole of Pike had money on themselves losing? Not Nenagh's fault but that's pathetic.

15. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Nenagh are a very good side give them the credit they deserve, pike obviously focusing on a big trophy (Munster junior ) and made a lot of changes which they have every right too, if people think that match fixing went on in that game bring it too the LDMC.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts
    Poor fare in the Fairgreen tonight,deserved win for Balla,Ratcliffe with the goal following a corner.Both teams missing personnel..counted 13 togged for the home team,maybe 14 for the away.Bit of a shambles for the View ,before tonight could still win the league and last Sunday exiting the Lawson to Nenagh..and to cap it all a player comes off to promptly go inside the club to watch match on telly whilst his team are playing outside..???

19. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fairkop View Post
    Poor fare in the Fairgreen tonight,deserved win for Balla,Ratcliffe with the goal following a corner.Both teams missing personnel..counted 13 togged for the home team,maybe 14 for the away.Bit of a shambles for the View ,before tonight could still win the league and last Sunday exiting the Lawson to Nenagh..and to cap it all a player comes off to promptly go inside the club to watch match on telly whilst his team are playing outside..???
    Will young O'Donnell still be at the helm next season Fairkop?any whisper's above in the green?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Has to be under pressure. With the squad he has they have to show some return. Who else is there to take them though, Purcell again?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deadly man View Post
    Will young O'Donnell still be at the helm next season Fairkop?any whisper's above in the green?
    Whispers in the green...never.Would expect him to be there again next season.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by deadly man View Post
    I think he will be still manager for another year but surly needs to improve there was a very strong squad this year, I was surprised how their league campaign fell apart .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Latest table and statistics ahead of this Thursday's massive Janesboro/Nenagh clash...

https://limerickdl.wordpress.com/statistics-201617/

Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast