Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Limerick Premier Division 2016/17

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    LDMC were too busy playing security guards on the gate. Balla 100% deserved the win today but their route to the final was a million times handier than Nenagh's. All about the draw. Nenagh finish a season empty handed for the first time in a long time. O'Gorman will make them better next season but every other team will strengthen too. Balla for me will have to get rid of the elder statesmen in the team if they're to kick on.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    great weekend for local soccer pike rovers and the balla boys both underdogs producing victories , great credit to both managers Eddie o Donovan and tom daly who are both loyal club men.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AlanOB View Post
    Just goes to show -- you can start any old rumour in this town and some folk will lap it up. Must be into double figures for ones concocted about me this season now...shame people are so threatened by me that they have to lower themselves in such a manner.

Very hopeful for the Pike players this evening. A great deal of them have been very supportive of my work over the years.

They deserve a lot better than the committee currently in situ at the moment -- a committee I wouldn't dream of asking for a lift, or anything else for that matter.

Look at what happened last Saturday, for example. Absolutely disgraceful.
    What happened last saturday Alan,come on spill the beans

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    nigel casey made a complete embarrasment of himself and thats was from a fairview man who would burn pike....seemingly he was asked to tog out in the other dressing rooms but said no an threw the money back at the pike chairman......typical nigel hes a disgrace to junior soccer and this story doesnt surprise me at all......

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    easy to guess who o briens "source" is because i work with one of the view lads and he saw first hand what happened.....referees in this city have way too much power and the likes of casey, o gorman, mccann keogh go on power trips everytime they ref a match

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by superblues37 View Post
    nigel casey made a complete embarrasment of himself and thats was from a fairview man who would burn pike....seemingly he was asked to tog out in the other dressing rooms but said no an threw the money back at the pike chairman......typical nigel hes a disgrace to junior soccer and this story doesnt surprise me at all......
    I thought Nigel Casey 'retired' half way through the season,that's shocking carry on and to be honest doesn't surprise me in the slightest,thanks for the update and replying lad

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    he retired because he wasnt getting enough grade 1 matches and that his talent was being wasted in the lower leagues.......did you ever hear the likes of that? the man wants everything to be about himself like referee meetings have been cancelled because of his thats how highly he rates himself....was talking with him in town during his "retirement" and he told me he was never reffing again and then i look at the paper the next week and he was down to do 3 matches so what do you make of that......

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts
    The treatment of the referee concerned by one of the countrys top clubs can only be described as shamefull.There is,n a club in the leagues that does,n have some problem or other with a referee but they certainly do not resort to this petty carry on...to see a great club resort to antics like this to make a point is indeed a sad day for soccer......

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    it was a strange move by pike to throw him into the other dressing rooms but by all accounts the way casey handled the whole situation is an embarrassment.....i remember togging out in those dressing rooms and there was not much wrong with them considering what other clubs had to offer at that time, ok i no pike have built new ones since then but surely the are still up to a decent enough standard when compared with the rest of the league so for casey to throw his nose up them is some cheek imo when considering the facilites on offer in the likes of bateman shelbourne park and out the county..........

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts
    No other referee has been asked /forced to use these dressingrooms including the one who went to said game to replace him...maybe the odd schoolboy ref....but no junior one,problem or not with a referee due respect should have been shown.For a club of this stature its set a poor precedent going foward on many counts.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    ive heard stories from both side about what exactly went on and lets just say only nigel could come up with that sort of story in fairness.....talk about being a bit far fetched......im sure this isnt the last well hear of it thats for sure....

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Look all refs make mistakes it's part of the game but it's honest and genuine so you can deal with that but .........Casey and keogh are a disgrace plain and simple mark my words unless both are removed from the roster something serious is going to happen some Sunday morning

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    For what it's worth whenever you hear anyone complaining about a ref and you ask who it was, the answer is invariably Keogh or Casey. That's not a coincidence.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    One or two refs from both societies are saying the something big is going down over the two of them.... I know keogh got a dig in a final recently so Casey must be in serious s*** aswell probably has something to do with pike/view match few weeks back....I'd say there'll be another ref strike before the season starts......

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    No end of season review AOB?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Treaty Gooner View Post
    No end of season review AOB?
    A review would be interesting!!! , I do think the Ldmc should have a look at referees that have a conflict of interest clubs and players ambitions at stake.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennycon View Post
    A review would be interesting!!! , I do think the Ldmc should have a look at referees that have a conflict of interest clubs and players ambitions at stake.
    Want to explain what your getting at here KC?Maybe the LDMC should be looking at the real cancers in the game,many of which took place this season,like the continued abuse of referees,the obvious suspicious game results to name but two,and the carry of the council themselves who were a shambolic outfit all season long.

18. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fairkop View Post
    Want to explain what your getting at here KC?Maybe the LDMC should be looking at the real cancers in the game,many of which took place this season,like the continued abuse of referees,the obvious suspicious game results to name but two,and the carry of the council themselves who were a shambolic outfit all season long.
    I definitely think a referee with very strong connections to a club should not at any stage referee a game that might progress the club he is connected too, I do agree with you on your comment on suspicious betting in junior matches bookmakers don't depend on junior matches to survive.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Can't see what can be done about gambling on games. Don't think you could ever PROVE anything untoward has happened regardless of how obvious it was but I'd gladly stand corrected. It's become a farce. On the referee appointments, it's probably rare that a ref gets games where's he's been associated with a club in the past. Outside of fellas like Casey reffing Janesboro games which doesn't really happen any more does it? Likewise Donal Power or John Mac reffing Moyross or Balla.

Also, read the end of season review during half time in the Champions League. As far as information and a review of what went on on the pitch, its quite readable. Don't see the point in talking about ineffective committees. Did an effective committee win Janesboro the league? Way too much personal stuff in it, think we're all just a little tired of it all now and I hope it doesn't continue into next season regardless of who's in charge of what club. Personally, I wonder if anyone in any club or committee or indeed in the LDMC takes what AOB (or any other person who decides to write about the league off their own back-the short lived secret junior footballer anyone?) says seriously and if there's any point in him complaining that his exposés fall on deaf ears. But that's just my opinion. I'd also wonder what any qualified journalist, having completed a degree or a masters in journalism, thinks of those reports. Are they actually any good? I don't have a qualification in journalism so I can't call myself a journalist. Nor am I a solicitor or a doctor for the same reason.
    Last edited by Treaty Gooner; 03/06/2017 at 9:09 PM.

Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast