Click bait, nothing more

2. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Treaty Gooner View Post
    Carew Park probably going to beat Aisling Annacotty to make it into the last 8 of the Munster junior cup, can still finish strongly in the league, still in the Lawson and only beaten by most people's favourites in the FAI. Hardly a reason to question what the manager has been doing. He's been doing ok by anyone's standards. Regardless of what AOB's personal feelings are towards the man, that's not a terrible season or deserving of this ridiculous witch hunt.
    Quite a reply there TG,has some merit it must be said,however looking a little deeper one would have to assume the appointment of the manager was done with the intention of taking the team to the next level given they had won the league and touhy cup so comprehensively last season,looking at it presently the opposite seems to be the case,[and according to AOB last seasons manager is back in the dressingroom,what does that imply?]the champions have been a major disappointment and have had quite a bit of luck with some of their results this season,maybe that luck was used up before today.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    That thought certainly occurred to me at the final whistle today, Fairkop.

The number of near-misses against lower league opposition that led them to this stage of the competition, and to that Sheriff game in the FAI Junior Cup, was absolutely staggering.

That kind of luck does indeed tend to run out.
    Last edited by AlanOB; 12/02/2017 at 8:55 PM.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    [QUOTE=AlanOB;1906889]That thought certainly occurred to me at the final whistle today, Fairkop.

The number of near-misses against lower league opposition that led them to this stage of the competition, and to that Sheriff game in the FAI Junior Cup, was absolutely staggering.

That kind of luck does indeed tend to run out.[/QUOTE

Just didn't happen for carew park this year still a very young side to work with, will Mike stay on surly a year isn't enough of time to settle

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Can't see there being as much managerial change over the summer as there has been in the last season or two. We all know well who's calling the shots in Carew Park and that being the case, the blame is hardly Mike Aherne's alone. Buck stops with the manager tho.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Should be an interesting two games involving Boro v Fairview Thursday night and Sunday.

Il start with Boro to take this in peno's in Jackman.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Fairview in both. Could be a decent price to be had on that too if there were odds on both.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    We all know well who's calling the shots in Carew Park and that being the case, the blame is hardly Mike Aherne's alone.
    Blame for what exactly? According to your good self, a mere two posts ago, everything is awesome. What changed?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    I'm not arguing the toss anymore with you. Your agenda has been there for all to see all season.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    I'm not arguing the toss anymore with you. Your agenda has been there for all to see all season.
    agreed, very obvious and dilutes his good pieces imo with the constant referencing of the said management team. Carew had a similar fall off the season after they won their first league, it was always going to be a big ask to retain the league whoever came in as manager. All the credit to the recent up turn in Carew's season was given to Albert and the reverting to this great formation..yet straight away after a bad defeat it falls on Mike and the bad structure within the club, and it has been the case all season, at every point you've taken every chance possible to stick in the knife.To be honest its gutter journalism at its best. If a personal gripe conflicts your writing you should not be doing it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    The credit for the recent upturn was correctly attributed, based on what I was told from within the club.

Whether you like it or not, I don't include anything in my articles unless I can be sure beyond reasonable doubt of truth. That goes doubly for the Leader stuff, obviously.

As for your take on my coverage of their recent big defeat, I don't recall absolving Albert for it, or blaming the structure in the club. Nor did I blame the previous/current manager. The officials took more flak in that piece than anyone.

As always Mike C, people see what they want to see. For all my flaws, at least I I'm honest and upfront about who I am and what I believe.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Booster nailed it, a proper local football man with what must be more than 20 years in the league (sorry Mike!). Aherne has stuck it out in a **** situation when some managers walked very early this season when the going got tough and that takes balls.

Some big games this wkend, I'm going with:

Balla, Moyross, Kilmallock all to progress in the Cup.

Two home wins in the league but they'll be tight games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Hopefully there will be a good crowd tomorrow night. Two teams who score lots of goals, a very entertaining game in store.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Booster nailed it, a proper local football man with what must be more than 20 years in the league (sorry Mike!). Aherne has stuck it out in a **** situation when some managers walked very early this season when the going got tough and that takes balls.

Agreed.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

a bit confused here TG,what exactly takes balls?you reference Carews manager sticking it out when others have walked ,surely their the ones with the ..balls..principle of the club before pride i would have thought and the fact that last seasons manager is now back in the dressingroom means exactly what for the ...present...manager,he is being totally undermined is he not?as i have previously said it was,n a struggling team inherited it was a double winning team,its been a disasterous season for them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Principle of the club before pride? Walking away when things are tough takes balls? No wonder you're confused. Jesus wept. I think that's enough internet for one day.
    Last edited by Treaty Gooner; 15/02/2017 at 6:28 PM.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AlanOB View Post
    The credit for the recent upturn was correctly attributed, based on what I was told from within the club.

Whether you like it or not, I don't include anything in my articles unless I can be sure beyond reasonable doubt of truth. That goes doubly for the Leader stuff, obviously.

As for your take on my coverage of their recent big defeat, I don't recall absolving Albert for it, or blaming the structure in the club. Nor did I blame the previous/current manager. The officials took more flak in that piece than anyone.

As always Mike C, people see what they want to see. For all my flaws, at least I I'm honest and upfront about who I am and what I believe.
    A.O.B some of the stuff you report is second hand information and not accurate and some people will tell you what you want to hear so it is hard too take some parts of your reports seriously and please don't take that personal.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    With all due respect Kennycon, I'm intelligent enough not to trust what one person tells me, with no supporting evidence.

You're free to take my work seriously or not. I won't take that personally. But I do strongly reject the notion that I would print something in the local newspaper without making sure it's true.

Most of the people on here under pseudonyms have agendas. Some of them don't like to see their buddies held up to the light.

Unfortunately, the truth is the truth. And I go to great lengths every week to make sure I tell it.

With Carew, I've been hearing an incredible story almost every week since August. I genuinely could have written something interesting about them every week if I was that way inclined.

But I didn't, because I didn't get enough sources to corroborate certain things, even if they were almost certainly true. Plus, I would have had the phony pseuds on here crowing even louder about bias - although, predictably that's happened anyway.

That's the high standard I hold myself to. Honesty and integrity mean everything to me, which is why I find certain pockets of Limerick junior soccer impossible to stomach. I think that's what Fairkop was trying to say above, in a roundabout way.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AlanOB View Post
    With all due respect Kennycon, I'm intelligent enough not to trust what one person tells me, with no supporting evidence.

You're free to take my work seriously or not. I won't take that personally. But I do strongly reject the notion that I would print something in the local newspaper without making sure it's true.

Most of the people on here under pseudonyms have agendas. Some of them don't like to see their buddies held up to the light.

Unfortunately, the truth is the truth. And I go to great lengths every week to make sure I tell it.

With Carew, I've been hearing an incredible story almost every week since August. I genuinely could have written something interesting about them every week if I was that way inclined.

But I didn't, because I didn't get enough sources to corroborate certain things, even if they were almost certainly true. Plus, I would have had the phony pseuds on here crowing even louder about bias - although, predictably that's happened anyway.

That's the high standard I hold myself to. Honesty and integrity mean everything to me, which is why I find certain pockets of Limerick junior soccer impossible to stomach. I think that's what Fairkop was trying to say above, in a roundabout way.
    Alan, the only person I can see with an agenda is you, and im not the only one, and that is against Carew Park and the manager. No point in having a discussion with you on it or any of your pieces ( which in the norm are excellent ) because any hint of debate or constructive words against it lead to you justifying it and taken any opinion against your individual article as a personal gripe or agenda. This is my last comment on the issue, if you want to discuss it in more detail you know where to find me.

Page 18 of 31 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast