Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Treaty Gooner View Post
    Lots of big games this weekend. My predictions:

Fairview 1-2 Pike
    Boro 2-2 Balla
    Regional 2-1 Nenagh
    Kilmallock 2-0 Moyross
    Some big games. Think fairview are very strong at home compared to their away form. Boro v Balla should be a close one, still fancy boro though!

Fairview 3-1 Pike
    Boro 2-1 Balla
    Regioal 2-1Nenagh
    Kilmallock 3-1 Moyross

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Fairview Rangers 0-0 Pike Rovers: Hoops draw a fourth consecutive blank

Results
    Janesboro 1-1 Ballynanty Rovers
    Aisling Annacotty 3-3 Carew Park
    Kilmallock United 3-3 Moyross United
    Regional United 2-3 Nenagh

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Well I for one am never gambling again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    How on earth have summerville managed to lose every game while only having a goal diff of -29 ????

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    They only played two games and forfeited the rest (1-0 defeats, officially)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AlanOB View Post
    They only played two games and forfeited the rest (1-0 defeats, officially)
    Ah ..cheers

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Some results today, nenagh only club taking advantage, balla surprising me this year i thought they would be in a relegation battle this year.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts
    Good report AOB,have to agree on the quality of the game,poor fare it must be said .great to have football back again though.Pike could have won this one ,they need a goalscorer maybe with Connery on the way back they will find goals.surprised to see Rainsford playing ,talk is he is signing for Limerick.Balla cant be a surprise to anybody given the players they signed surely...imo they should be doing better ,Lawson cup winners last season and have ...invested...heavily in their squad this season.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fairkop View Post
    Good report AOB,have to agree on the quality of the game,poor fare it must be said .great to have football back again though.Pike could have won this one ,they need a goalscorer maybe with Connery on the way back they will find goals.surprised to see Rainsford playing ,talk is he is signing for Limerick.Balla cant be a surprise to anybody given the players they signed surely...imo they should be doing better ,Lawson cup winners last season and have ...invested...heavily in their squad this season.
    Looking at the pike, fairview and most of all the boro squad and management team I would say balla are behind those clubs financially and looking at them last year and this year they have improved.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Well that makes sense... Boro will win the league. You heard it here first!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Pretty ridiculous to suggest that folk were tipping Ballynanty for the drop this season Kennycon, and naming THREE teams you think are better-resourced hardly defends that point.

The league has more than four teams you know, and there were a few out there in pre-season tipping Ballynanty to win it, if memory serves.

Methinks I know who Kennycon is....certainly someone very vain with an interest in exaggerating how much Ballynanty have improved this season anyway.

I wonder who that could be now...

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    People were tipping balla to win the league ? I didn't hear one person tipping balla to win the league, and I said financially behind those three clubs which is obvious , very vain Hahahaha I must have hit a nerve I just said they have improved and who you think I am and who I am shouldn't bother you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    You originally said you thought they'd be in a relegation battle, which is a pretty astounding statement to make about the reigning Lawson Cup holders, who strengthened significantly in a bid to improve on a string of mid-table finishes.

One often hears coaches managing expectations in public, but it's usually one hell of a lot more subtle than that....

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    [QUOTE=AlanOB;1903155]You originally said you thought they'd be in a relegation battle, which is a pretty astounding statement to make about the reigning Lawson Cup holders, who strengthened significantly in a bid to improve on a string of mid-table finishes.

One often hears coaches managing expectations in public, but it's usually one hell of a lot more subtle than that....[/QUOTE

Clubs have won cups and got relegated the same year never mind the following year, I didn't see many chances on the balla side this year against carew park it looked more or less the same side but I stand to be corrected

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    You wouldn't consider drafting in players of League of Ireland caliber like Gary O'Neill, Jason Hughes, and Bobby Ryan to represent a significant uptick in the quality of the squad?

Bobby was in from the start of the season, and there was a lot of talk back then of further reinforcements of a similar quality on the horizon. They lost practically no-one of importance from the previous season.

Even Leonard Earls, on a past episode of my podcast, tipped them as potential league winners on that basis. I disagreed with him, but only because I saw them as mid-table candidates again.

No-one even considered them within an asses roar of any relegation battle, until "Kennycon" engaged in some January revisionist history!

As I said - a ridiculous statement to make.
    Last edited by AlanOB; 09/01/2017 at 7:35 PM.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AlanOB View Post
    You wouldn't consider drafting in players of League of Ireland caliber like Gary O'Neill, Jason Hughes, and Bobby Ryan to represent a significant uptick in the quality of the squad?

Bobby was in from the start of the season, and there was a lot of talk back then of further reinforcements of a similar quality on the horizon. They lost practically no-one of importance from the previous season.

Even Leonard Earls, on a past episode of my podcast, tipped them as potential league winners on that basis. I disagreed with him, but only because I saw them as mid-table candidates again.

No-one even considered them within an asses roar of any relegation battle, until "Kennycon" engaged in some January revisionist history!

As I said - a ridiculous statement to make.
    Gary o Neil , Jason hughes, Edward Hughes, the centre forward that started last Sunday for balla transfersed from pike, Dermot Fitz was in a different country , guerin transferred from northside legacy/ moyross none of these guys were with balla last season or the game I watched against carew , I have an opinion i don't always agree with yours neither do others but that's the joys of of sport, movie time for me now!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennycon View Post
    Gary o Neil , Jason hughes, Edward Hughes, the centre forward that started last Sunday for balla transfersed from pike, Dermot Fitz was in a different country , guerin transferred from northside legacy/ moyross none of these guys were with balla last season or the game I watched against carew , I have an opinion i don't always agree with yours neither do others but that's the joys of of sport, movie time for me now!!!
    Who's the centre forward transfered from Pike?Davy Ryan?.Is Judge going there as well.Heard a murmor he may be.Only make them stronger imo.Did they lose a gew young lads also.Earls i believe one of them.Best of luvk to Balla v Rush.Could be out in the new suits again in May with a bit of luck.Balla are a long way from going out of Prem for a long time yet.If Considine hangs around he'll bring in the Artillery to keep them motoring along nicely no doubt.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by faceoff View Post
    Who's the centre forward transfered from Pike?Davy Ryan?.Is Judge going there as well.Heard a murmor he may be.Only make them stronger imo.Did they lose a gew young lads also.Earls i believe one of them.Best of luvk to Balla v Rush.Could be out in the new suits again in May with a bit of luck.Balla are a long way from going out of Prem for a long time yet.If Considine hangs around he'll bring in the Artillery to keep them motoring along nicely no doubt.
    Not Davy ryan this guy is a tall I am sure he signed from pike he didn't play against carew park at the start of the season but played v Boro sunday caused a lot of problems for the Boro as well

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    You're on about Peter Ryan I think

Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast