Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 14 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Limerick Premier Division 2016/17

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Defo changed my opinion. I had been influenced by a lot of negative talk but iv altered my views now. Good read again today. It provided an honest and alternative views at issues which wouldn't usually be in the local media. Keep it up aob

2. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts
    Interesting one today AOB,a lot of talk about this subject doing the rounds and it is good to see the named refs back doing what they should be doing at the level their talents deserve.our local fixtures sec has had a lot to do with this and of course in the wider scheme of things has continued to rule the roost ,unfortunately not to the betterment of the game in this region.

4. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fairkop View Post
    Interesting one today AOB,a lot of talk about this subject doing the rounds and it is good to see the named refs back doing what they should be doing at the level their talents deserve.our local fixtures sec has had a lot to do with this and of course in the wider scheme of things has continued to rule the roost ,unfortunately not to the betterment of the game in this region.
    You had plenty of oppurtunities to pull him up on it when you sat with him and more than likely ran with him.Stop now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Stats also updated to reflect a great 0-0 draw in Nenagh for a bare-bones Geraldines side that featured three new starters. New leaders in both the best- and worst-defence categories contained within: https://limerickdl.wordpress.com/statistics-201617/

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by faceoff View Post
    Eugene and your relation go back a long way.If at first you dont succeed your relation will pull the strings.its a disgrace by the Editor to go over Pat Sheahan's head.Cant see you giving them the coverage Pat gives them.
    Pat sheehan is the best guy for junior soccer simple as, he always has the best interest of the clubs, never personal nor does he listen to rumours he just writes what he sees. The interest he has on the lower divisions are there for everyone to see. Pat always has a neutral mindset and I have never seen him take a personal swipe at anyone.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AlanOB View Post

Stats also updated to reflect a great 0-0 draw in Nenagh for a bare-bones Geraldines side that featured three new starters. New leaders in both the best- and worst-defence categories contained within: https://limerickdl.wordpress.com/statistics-201617/
    Pike fans don't buy the leader today AOB goes to town

9. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I can't see AOB getting a Christmas card from pike rovers ouch !!!!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts
    What an interesting piece that was in the Leader today by AOB,well written and a good angle on Pikes present form.enjoyed it.

12. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    I read the piece, thought it was ok, nothing more. I personally wouldn't have named Jason Purcell in the piece, didn't need too. Getting the best out Cian Collins, decent point but he did miss two absolute sitters last Sunday, hardly managements fault, also to be fair he has had a recent enough injury. After that there wasn't much more in it, meah!

14. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Don't see why it's necessary to have a pop at anyone the way he did. It's junior football. What do you want to achieve AOB? What's the end game here?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Treaty Gooner View Post
    Don't see why it's necessary to have a pop at anyone the way he did. It's junior football. What do you want to achieve AOB? What's the end game here?
    His big ego.Doesn't seem to mention the UEFA qualified coach didn't win a trophy last year.How long is it since that happened???Maybe Fairkop may know.Could be another ground he will be refused entry??His agenda is personal as he has proven with POD and Mick Ahern now its Pikes turn.Who's next.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by faceoff View Post
    His big ego.Doesn't seem to mention the UEFA qualified coach didn't win a trophy last year.How long is it since that happened???Maybe Fairkop may know.Could be another ground he will be refused entry??His agenda is personal as he has proven with POD and Mick Ahern now its Pikes turn.Who's next.
    How would i know Faceoff?...and he did mention the UEFA coach ie Mick shiels several times.a lot of sensitive people out there ,but only when it suits them.where were all the concerned citizens a few weks ago when a report in the Leader suggested pikes players weren,t trying in a league game.get a grip ,AOB,s piece is thought provoking ,but hardly nuclear stuff ,grow up.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    A come on fairkop the report was not fair on Eddie o Donovan he is only in the job a few months it has been a difficult time for him but AOB was very personal it is junior soccer not champions league.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennycon View Post
    A come on fairkop the report was not fair on Eddie o Donovan he is only in the job a few months it has been a difficult time for him but AOB was very personal it is junior soccer not champions league.
    Fair enough point..so go on then point out where in the article he is unfair and personnal,much of it compares Sheils approach to mgt as opposed to the three lads currently over the team,as regards O Donovan was he not assistant manager who helped win leagues,cups incl the big one ?hardly a novice given his experience.he pointed out they had a great start,are wobbling now and have time to stop the wobble...its candy stuff lads.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    How would i know Faceoff?...and he did mention the UEFA coach ie Mick shiels several times.a lot of sensitive people out there ,but only when it suits them.where were all the concerned citizens a few weks ago when a report in the Leader suggested pikes players weren,t trying in a league game.get a grip ,AOB,s piece is thought provoking ,but hardly nuclear stuff ,grow up.
    Read exactly what i said Sheils won no Trophy.How long is it since that happened.Thats what i said.Cant see the leader putting up with that tripe going forward.He slaughtered your own club and yet you condone it.Mindboggling.Will all end in tears.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Fair enough point..so go on then point out where in the article he is unfair and personnal,much of it compares Sheils approach to mgt as opposed to the three lads currently over the team,as regards O Donovan was he not assistant manager who helped win leagues,cups incl the big one ?hardly a novice given his experience.he pointed out they had a great start,are wobbling now and have time to stop the wobble...its candy stuff lads.
    i don't think o Donovan was assistant manager when pike won the fai but I stand to be corrected maybe someone can confirm ???

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Comparing any new manager to a previous set up after 4 months is ridiculous, agree with the majority of the posts, its purely controversial and is not a fair reflection on the current set up, his opinions are based on hearsay, not fact, naming Purcell is poor taste also. I also agree with a previous poster, its junior soccer not champions league. its in fact a prime exactly of a good reason why a hell of a lot of people are totally fed up with junior soccer in this town. Poor article, which lacks class.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Lads, I read the article and saw nothing wrong bar the mention of the current Oscar traynor manager.
    Nearly all the people who follow, support, or casually watch local football will express an opinion at some stage.
    If people don't like a person or that person's opinions..... tough.
    There are many an expressed comment on either FB or on many other media sites, that I would not accept or consider valid but,
    one of the few freedoms that we enjoy in our country is the ability to express ourselves and or our opinions..
    to quote Don Henley " Get over it"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Head's up, for those of you interested: my Leader column is back in shops this morning, dissecting the anatomy of a successful junior soccer manager -- what makes a good one tick, and what doesn't.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    I'm sure a lot missed it in this Wednesday's Leader, so here -- on a one-off basis -- is a reprint of my first column of the New Year. Enjoy...

Born Offside: Clubs must tread carefully in the managerial minefield

Page 14 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast