Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Limerick Premier Division 2016/17

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennycon View Post
    I think Cecil is suspended but the club I stand to be corrected , great servant to junior soccer.
    Suspended by the club?that seems bizzare ,the mans a legend in local soccer circles,why would they suspend him..gives 100% to everything does Cecil,surely the manager of the club will sort it he arrived back to club as his assistant did he not?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Ever been in a dressing room with him? I have and it's an experience... legend is a bit of a stretch.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Whatever about Cecil's dressing room modus operandi, the guy is one of the few genuine what-you-see-is-what-you-get individuals involved in junior soccer today.

For my money, that alone might qualify him as a legend, as guys like him are about as rare as hen's teeth in the game in this town.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fairkop View Post
    Suspended by the club?that seems bizzare ,the mans a legend in local soccer circles,why would they suspend him..gives 100% to everything does Cecil,surely the manager of the club will sort it he arrived back to club as his assistant did he not?
    As far as i'm aware Cecil was suspended by the club after an altercation he had with a referee after a game few weeks ago,i agree the man is a legend and gives his all,would be great to see him back with Carew with some big games coming up soon i'm sure they could do with him

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AlanOB View Post
    Given all that has gone on, and continues to go on, the Leader - and particularly its editor Eugene Phelan - deserve huge credit for even proceeding with this column.

Very pleased with how they presented it as well. Giving me every chance, and I'm very grateful for it.

Whether you thought it was tame or not, thanks for reading.
    Eugene and your relation go back a long way.If at first you dont succeed your relation will pull the strings.its a disgrace by the Editor to go over Pat Sheahan's head.Cant see you giving them the coverage Pat gives them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Steady on Faceoff, if you think a) they didn't speak to Pat before this happened and b) that he or his reputation are in any way threatened by AOB then you really are just stirring the pot for pot stirring's sake. PS reports the way a junior game should be reported on. The other guy goes into a level of detail that it doesn't, based on the people who play it and manage it and criticises it on a level that almost mocks the same people for not being Jose bloody Mourinho or Paul bloody Scholes. I don't like it because it's not fair. But he's entitled to say what he wants.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Treaty Gooner View Post
    Steady on Faceoff, if you think a) they didn't speak to Pat before this happened and b) that he or his reputation are in any way threatened by AOB then you really are just stirring the pot for pot stirring's sake. PS reports the way a junior game should be reported on. The other guy goes into a level of detail that it doesn't, based on the people who play it and manage it and criticises it on a level that almost mocks the same people for not being Jose bloody Mourinho or Paul bloody Scholes. I don't like it because it's not fair. But he's entitled to say what he wants.
    Could you point out to me where in the post i say pats reputation is being threatened.Far from it Pat has more respect gained from junior AND youth football on his little finger than that other fella will ever get.As you say he reports on the game not personal business or any of the other crap.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    You said the editor went over his head

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by faceoff View Post
    Eugene and your relation go back a long way.If at first you dont succeed your relation will pull the strings.its a disgrace by the Editor to go over Pat Sheahan's head.Cant see you giving them the coverage Pat gives them.
    Can you not give it a rest,if you dont like what he writes dont read it anymore,all that hate related stress that you seem to be burdened with will disappear and you can get on with your life.we should be talking about teams and football ..opinions and all ..not this crap you keep going back to.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    You said the editor went over his head
    And what has that to do with his rep??Fairkop i dont read his trash.Like your good self who thrives on it.Id prefer to read a football mans reports about football and not personal snide attacks to what your pal has being doing for years.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Fairkop, you would do well to just ignore what is just a bitter man spreading a rumour started by someone equally bitter, crestfallen at my recent reversal in fortunes.

As you well know, I am my own advocate, and I'm a damn good one. And thankfully, in this case, I had the ear of someone who is capable of seeing the wood for the trees. No family involvement was necessary, or requested.

As an aside, the argument currently ongoing between this guy and "Treaty Gooner" speaks absolute volumes, doesn't it? Imagine thinking, as both seem to do to varying degrees, that an editor should be in thrall to one of his writers! Absolutely amazing stuff.

Anyone like to share their experience(s) of today's Munster Junior Cup action? My report (on the Regional game) is in the other thread. Pike/Balla sounded like a tasty one, from what I've heard?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Nobody knows the truth to any of the speculation above except for Pat and Eugene so 'amazing stuff' it may be, but it seems likely that long time colleagues would have discussed new and overlapping columns. And if you were that good an advocate you wouldn't have to continually justify yourself, the work should speak for itself.

Pike and Balla wasn't a cracker, but it was a proper junior football cup tie. 90mins of end to end entertainment.
    Last edited by Treaty Gooner; 27/11/2016 at 9:48 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Nobody knows the truth to any of the speculation above except for Pat and Eugene so 'amazing stuff' it may be, but it seems likely that long time colleagues would have discussed new and overlapping columns. And if you were that good an advocate you wouldn't have to continually justify yourself, the work should speak for itself.

Pike and Balla wasn't a cracker, but it was a proper junior football cup tie. 90mins of end to end entertainment.
    Loves blown his own trumpet Treaty.MOB did pull strokes for him too.Back in July/August he reported he had his column in the Weds edition of the leader until they ran him which is facts that everyone knows.If not how come it took 5 months for the first edition.Spoof.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fairkop View Post
    Can you not give it a rest,if you dont like what he writes dont read it anymore,all that hate related stress that you seem to be burdened with will disappear and you can get on with your life.we should be talking about teams and football ..opinions and all ..not this crap you keep going back to.
    Far from stressed Barnes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Good win for the Boro yesterday, could've been a sticky one. Hard to see Geraldines picking up points but their game in hand is a must win now. You'd expect Nenagh to beat them next week.

International Prospect CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    857 Posts
    Any link to the Leader piece ? I cant find it or maybe its still pending ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Print only at the moment, but I'll make enquiries.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts
    Good win for the Boro yesterday, could've been a sticky one. Hard to see Geraldines picking up points but their game in hand is a must win now. You'd expect Nenagh to beat them next week.
    Doesn,t look good for Geraldines but plenty points to play for yet,Moyross have had a very poor league campaign,the return of last years mgt has not seen an upturn in their fortunes,looks like they will finish this season with as many defeats as last season which must have numbered 14 or so.,probably just about survive .

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    I actually liked the column. You don't have to agree with what he says but that's the beauty of journalism. It creates talking points and the reports are almost always faultless. Keep it up aob.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Fair play. Great to see someone who was very negative about me in the past come back with a more nuanced view. I appreciate it.

Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast