Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Fixtures 12th/13th August

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    Back in the race for the European place, thats about it.

As for Cork, deary me..
    Shamrock Rovers- Where trophies are won and envy is scarce

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    457 Posts
    Just back from Tallaght. Deserved win for Rovers but Wexford looked out on their feet from about the hour mark and reflected the problems caused for a small part-time squad in trying to play two matches in three days. Spot Murphy was clearly having a fitness test just before kick-off, didn't look 100% fit and yet played the ninety minutes. Thought Shane Keegan could have brought on the three subs earlier; he had only three centre midfielders available to come on. Good case for playing what reserves we have against Sligo in the Cup next Friday and concentrating on the nine remaining league matches. Impressive performances by Boyd and Trevor Clarke for Rovers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts
    Thought we were hard done by by Buttimer last night. Again. Great free kick by Curtis Byrne to level it and the second half was all Bohs without creating a hatful of chances.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nah Nah Nah Nah View Post
    Thought we were hard done by by Buttimer last night. Again. Great free kick by Curtis Byrne to level it and the second half was all Bohs without creating a hatful of chances.
    Aaprt from the controversy over the sending off, I thought he let the game flow.? I initially thought the sending off was harsh , but some refs sitting near me saw it as a last defender cynical tackle and straight red. Buttimer could be seen consulting with his linesman on the mike , so he didn`t exactly rush in to the decision
    Sligo impressed me and were far superior in the first half , passed it around nicely, our defending was woeful for the goals. Second half , Sligo seemed to tire and allowed Bohs to push on , mostly ineffectively until the two goals within the last four/five minutes.
    Nice cameo late on from Cretaro when he had a shot narrowly wide from 35 yards. Don`t see Sligo losing too many more games this season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts
    My view was that as Akinade kicked the ball out towards the corner so it could hardly be deemed a goalscoring chance. If he kicked it straight on would have had no argument with it. Also felt that Wearen bought a free before the winner (one that was deflected for the corner). When he blew I presumed he was just going to book Wearen for diving.

Sure these things happen. Just seem to happen more when Buttimer is involved though.

Thought we should have tried to pass it about a bit in the second half rather then just clearing it as far as we could most times as all we were doing was inviting more and more pressure but can't fault our lads for effort.

International Prospect sadloserkid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    In my experience of Cork this year (admittedly only a half dozen games or so) Maguire is left extremely isolated most of the time. Central midfield is very slow to push on and support and Bolger is the only one in there who seems in any way eager to be in possession in any case.
    The ball is round and has many surprises.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nah Nah Nah Nah View Post
    My view was that as Akinade kicked the ball out towards the corner so it could hardly be deemed a goalscoring chance. If he kicked it straight on would have had no argument with it. Also felt that Wearen bought a free before the winner (one that was deflected for the corner). When he blew I presumed he was just going to book Wearen for diving.

Sure these things happen. Just seem to happen more when Buttimer is involved though.

Thought we should have tried to pass it about a bit in the second half rather then just clearing it as far as we could most times as all we were doing was inviting more and more pressure but can't fault our lads for effort.
    Wearin stepped over the ball and was kicked in the ankle, free kick every time......oh god , I`m defending Buttimer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts
    Looked like Wearen stuck his foot out hoping to get contact off someone to me. Initial reaction was a free out and a yellow card. But I could well be wrong. All we had to do was defend the corner.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234