Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Biggest game of the season...Who starts?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    218 Posts
    It wouldn't surprise me if the board opted to keep Cronin in charge until at least the end of the season. Its the cheap option for them and that's all that matters. Personally I'd rather get in our new manager so he can try with these last few games to get things right and make sure we're right up there in the promotion hunt next season.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    If we can get the right man in now we should but I'm not sure who's out there that would take it and who we can afford. Alan Mathews said he'd be interested when he was asked on Shannonside but I think personally I'd prefer a younger, possibly more motivated manager. Returning to a previous club rarely works out and there were plenty of people who weren't big fans of his when he was here so he wouldn't be a universally popular choice.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    What about Wayne Groves until the end of the season he couldn't be any worse that what we had to put up with and he might get them playing some football I don't know how he is doing with the under 19's but I have heard some good reports

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    If we could get him, Trevor Crolly would be a good fit for us. He is good working with young players and has contacts with LSL clubs and is well though of by players I know within the loi.

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    817 Posts
    I agree with the comments above, I can see Cronnin taking us to the end of the season because it won't cost the club anything. He's a lovely guy who you'd love to see do well but personally I think the entire back room should be changed at the end of the season, I'm sure a new manager coming in will want to do that anyway, get his own people in.

As for who the new man should be I would give my right arm to get Crolly in. He transformed the schoolboy and youths structures at rovers. We all know we have a massive reliance on signing Dublin based players so if he could do some work with the underage structure we may start to see a few players actually come through I mean the 19's are doing well this season and if we are relegated with games to spare I'd love to see them get a run out.

As for Mathews, I think we need not only a good manager but someone who will unify the fan base, get everyone back on side supporting the club and he would certainly bring back a lot of lapsed supporters given the success he brought us last time. Is he the best man for the job? No Croly is but he could certaintly do a job and wouldn't cost half as much as the likes of Fenlon or Croly.

I think even a win tomorrow is worthless, we are gone in my opinion so the club may as well take their time. Talk to every available candidate and see what they would require budget wise next season and what their plans for the club are. We need to get this appointment right as we didn't in 07 when Mathews left and it resulted in years in the graveyard.

6. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    I can't believe some of you think de town should just go through the motions until the end of the season, there are still 30 points to play for, I believe fight until it's impossible to stay up,
    I think Cronin should look at who started when we played well when we drew recently with Galway and Sligo and ****** that team out of it before starting them if they don't perform drop them and start other players who care
    we have the last 16 of the cup next week against Cork followed by the league against Cork we might nick a result in the cup but probably won't get 2 results, a cup win unless I'm mistaken put De Town in the quarter final that would give some of us something to smile about
    just my opinion doesn't amount to a pile of beans but I can dream

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    205 Posts
    Get Cronin out quick and the whole lot of them.

Croly, as I said before would be my man for the minute. Its not completely finished - we can still do something with this.
    Sporting F*ck All!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    817 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by L.T.F.C. View Post
    Get Cronin out quick and the whole lot of them.

Croly, as I said before would be my man for the minute. Its not completely finished - we can still do something with this.
    Presuming cousins did walk it cost the club nothing. They are going to sack the backroom staff and have to pay them off. A new manger coming in and saying sorry lads I've me own boys is the only way theyl go

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    817 Posts
    Serious effort from the lads tonight. Gary not afraid to try little things like throwing Yann up front at the end and going 3 at the back. We tried to play and attack at all times. Really enjoyed it despite the result. Gowan Gary

11. Thanks From:

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    536 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by outspoken View Post
    Serious effort from the lads tonight. Gary not afraid to try little things like throwing Yann up front at the end and going 3 at the back. We tried to play and attack at all times. Really enjoyed it despite the result. Gowan Gary
    for the first time in ages I really enjoyed the game. I think the spirit is back and we were unlucky not to get a draw. that shot that hit the post in 1st half and the lob in the 2nd half were my favourites.
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12