Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: €5,000 from FAI for strategic plan

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    217 Posts
    The Board of St Patrick's Athletic agreed to continue to engage with the PCA as these points were common to most clubs and there was complete agreement. These were based around further clarity in areas such as transparency on revenue received by the FAI on behalf of the League from UEFA, FIFA, Sponsorship, Government, municipalities, etc.
    Seems a very important and reasonable request.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    217 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    Right now, just after this Pats statement, is the ideal time for the rest of the clubs to weigh in and back them and Derry.
    That was a bloody superb statement and that last paragraph in itself is worthy of some sort of award.
    Will Harps weigh in and back them?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,634 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by legendz View Post
    Will Harps weigh in and back them?
    You realize we're all just fans...?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    I can't see st pats angle here. Unless Kelleher is pulling and this is them beginning to withdraw from senior football in a blaze of glory.

PCA as a group is, I'd imagine, about as useful as Alan Byrne's bad leg.

If anyone on here thinks the likes of a Finn Harps or a bray are going to come out strong against the FAI I have some vantage club tickets to sell them.

Even First Division Champions League Cup Finalists 2016 Limerick FC have spent the last couple of years bending over for honest John and we're (provided Pat o Sullivan is in a good mood) about as financially independent as you'll get in this league.

If a breakaway was to happen it would be ten or twelve clubs max. Anyone who thinks the current motley crew would be capable of running anything more complicated than a raffle would do well to think back to the bord gais/harp lager days. The only grass was three foot high and on the terraces and the only wages were paid via chipper van or the inside of your boots.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    217 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    You realize we're all just fans...?
    Some people have contacts. Some don't. Enjoy your local LoI team in action and have a nice day!

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Whatever this entails

The FAI has an extremely positive history in assisting and working with St Patrick's Athletic in recent times, including through development planning for proposed new facilities and through assistance in preparing Richmond Park for the hosting of UEFA Champions League and Europa League games, and across a broad range of areas.
    I don't fancy Pats chances of getting it again. They'll be number 1 on Delaney's sh*t list.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts

There is something very admirable about the stance taken by Pats.

8. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by White Horse View Post

There is something very admirable about the stance taken by Pats.
    Doesn't have to be that way though. A unified response from all clubs is needed. Derry were first to stick their heads up, we've now upped the ante. If Dundalk in particular were to weigh in now, with their current high media profile, it could be game changing. I realise they might be fearful that the FAI could screw them up over the euro games, but if they did that it would create some seriously bad press for the FAI. We need journalists to run with this too, but of course they are mostly too concerned with who Jose Mourinho is going to sign for 100 million, or whether Dundalk might get a "glamour tie" against Celtic.
    Out for a spell, got neglected, lay on the bench unselected.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts
    To be fair Dan McDonnell has been taking on all comers about it on twitter and Neil O'Riordan would be doing the same if he wasn't sunning himself on the Copacabana, a lot of coverage on the42 and a few other outlets as well.

We're in between a rock and a hard place with it, I've no doubt our owners and board agree 100% with Pats and Derry but the FAI have us over a barrel with using Landsdowne for the Legia game and the support behind the scenes they've given us so far in Europe this summer (video analysis, scout reports of teams etc etc) that we wouldn't have a hope of doing ourselves, I've a feeling we'll stay silent on the matter for the next couple of weeks anyway.

Interesting few months ahead anyway with the participation agreement up at the end of this season and the half arsed Conroy report gathering dust already, much like the last few. For me that was mostly common sense and stuff already in place and a pie in the sky plan to split the league as was tried in Scotland and failed miserably.

If the clubs can all row in together and use this furore as a start to make a stand against Delaney and the FAI it'll only work to the clubs advantage with the participation agreement up at the end of the season. We need to get some cast iron guarantees down on paper and contracted legally obligations wise from both the clubs and moreso the association going forward for any new participation agreement to be signed. Plus the good old fudge of we can't tell you how much we make on fines/ sponsorship/ tv rights etc due to confidentiality clauses bull they've been pulling can easily be sorted by having the clubs and the leagued detailed as FAI stakeholders, if they're not already. Ok, joe public doesn't need to know the specifics but the clubs sure as hell do and are entitled to.

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    819 Posts
    Hopefully the FAI relegate Pats and Derry......Only chance of us staying up haha

I'm joking of course, fair play Pats.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Longfordian View Post
    Whatever this entails

I don't fancy Pats chances of getting it again. They'll be number 1 on Delaney's sh*t list.
    They didn't get that help in the first place as the champions league game was played in Tallaght...

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    So you're saying the FAI are exaggerating insignificant actions just to try and look good? I'm shocked.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts
    I think the FAI were helping Pats get a new ground, by lobbying Dublin City Council to build a new stadium for them. Delaney mentioned it in the "problem child" interview on rte. Kelleher took out a big loan secured on Richmond Park, so it is likely that the club may have to vacate in the future, hence need for new stadium. Also their were reports that Kelleher was involved in the re-financing of the FAI debt(the one before last by US based hedge fund) along with D Desmond. The phoenix reported that their might have been a 2/3 million left on the table for those who fixed the deal. Very little details of the deal were disclosed however. The calls from St Pats for more transparency in relation to financial affairs is indeed interesting. Their comments towards the "little clubs" might be seen as unwise/condescending to some in the Irish soccer family. Exciting times in our sport.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    410 Posts
    Time for other clubs to grow a pair of balls and back up Pats and Derry. Everyone knows the FAI doesn't give two sh!ts about the league, so it's time for one and all to stand up and be counted.

I would hope fan-owned clubs like Cork and Sligo (?) discuss this and take a view. Otherwise, what is the point in being fan owned ?

This is the closest thing to a revolt we're likely to see in Irish football. And change won't come any other way. Only a few more clubs need to come out to put the FAI in a difficult position on this and to take the heat off of any individual club for stepping forward.

16. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wonder88 View Post
    I think the FAI were helping Pats get a new ground, by lobbying Dublin City Council to build a new stadium for them. Delaney mentioned it in the "problem child" interview on rte.
    He mentioned it, but is untrue

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    330 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    He mentioned it, but is untrue
    Yeah we all know the "problem child" quote is largely untrue

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    271 Posts
    I would hope fan-owned clubs like Cork and Sligo (?) discuss this and take a view. Otherwise, what is the point in being fan owned ?
    cork have already accepted Delaney's crumbs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Several clubs will accept it and say nothing because they're relying on FAI for different projects. Cork with Glanmire, Harps with the new stadium, Dundalk with UEFA progression and the use of Aviva, Bohs and the planned redevelopment of Dalymount, and the clubs that have FAI owned stadia like Wexford and Dundalk.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    271 Posts
    https://audioboom.com/boos/4905624-c...ore-corks-96fm

the topic comes up 5.30 in , even if cork planned on accepting the paltry offer of 5k then there surly must have been a way of doing so without hanging their fellow clubs out to dry , the cork chairman comes across as total Delaney sycophant.I found his comments very disappointing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    Several clubs will accept it and say nothing because they're relying on FAI for different projects. Cork with Glanmire, Harps with the new stadium, Dundalk with UEFA progression and the use of Aviva, Bohs and the planned redevelopment of Dalymount, and the clubs that have FAI owned stadia like Wexford and Dundalk.
    I presume you are referring to United Park and not Oriel.

Dundalk need the support of the FAI to cope with staging Champions League/Europa League games. In addition, the FAI could really screw Dundalk if they are inflexible with league fixtures. I wouldn't expect a peep from Dundalk on this, irrespective of what they actually think on the issue.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast