Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: €5,000 from FAI for strategic plan

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dundalkfc10 View Post
    I know a few diff group of lads who go to Oriel regularly who are organising a few Anti Delaney/FAI banners for next Tuesday night
    I can't see it having any impact in an empty Aviva next Tuesday. Wednesday might be more effective!

In all seriousness though, anyone with anti FAI banners at the Aviva will not last long as has been seen at internationals there. They only realistic way of protesting is if all the clubs condemn the FAI like Pats and Derry but this won't happen as some clubs are currently beholden to the FAI for various reasons and the FAI can be quite vindictive and petty.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sadloserkid View Post
    Hey, Limerick can't expected to hold the position indefinitely.

Different Joe Delaney no? Or am I wrong?
    Johns Father. Another shady character

http://www.soccer-ireland.com/irish-...erriongate.htm
    "Now jump up there and stuff that son of a bitch in the basket, chief"

3. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    288 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jofspring View Post
    None of the other clubs came out in support and when it went to court it was only for Pat and his money that we managed to settle the case.
    Most clubs are justifiably afraid to go against the FAI. Others are under the thumb of the FAI and would never say such a thing. The FAI do what they want and there is no accountability, so you can be sure anything you do that is perceived as an attack on their position will be repaid in spades.

Quote Originally Posted by Jofspring View Post
    I think the clubs should have met up first and discussed it amoungst themselves before sticking their necks outs. Even now I think the clubs, including Pats and Derry need to meet up and decide what they are doing and not just rely on each other to come out publicly in support.
    The clubs already meet together in the PCA, which has gotten nowhere in terms of getting the FAI to engage with them in any meaningful way. I have no problem with what Pats or Derry did.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gufcfan View Post
    Most clubs are justifiably afraid to go against the FAI. Others are under the thumb of the FAI and would never say such a thing. The FAI do what they want and there is no accountability, so you can be sure anything you do that is perceived as an attack on their position will be repaid in spades.

The clubs already meet together in the PCA, which has gotten nowhere in terms of getting the FAI to engage with them in any meaningful way. I have no problem with what Pats or Derry did.
    What ourselves and Derry have done is fine, but in an ideal world the clubs would have come together and done it under the banner of the PCA.

Looking forward to seeing how it's dealt with on Soccer Republic tonight. Peter Collins showed himself up again last week by trying to spin it as something positive, and was only gently disagreed with. RTE probably amongst those afraid to upset Herr Delaney.
    Out for a spell, got neglected, lay on the bench unselected.

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts
    John O'Sullivan speaks on this issue on Extratime- http://www.extratime.ie/newsdesk/art...brandon-miele/

One of my bugbears on this whole issue is the "It's €20 a week over the five years" thing. That's meaningless- it's 5k towards creating a 5 year plan. There's plenty to give out about without twisting thing like that.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    The €20 per week is a little disingenuous as the €100k if for a plan. I think most people problems are that this should have been done 5 years ago. The only reason its been done now is because the participation agreement is up for renewal and the FAI have not indicated exactly what kind of money will be ringfenced for the implementations of the respective plans.

The clubs are further frustrated at the lack of transparency about the income the league generates for the FAI - St Pats/Derry request that money generated by the league, should be used to the benefit of the league. It was John Delaney and his crooked stooges that messed up the 10year tickets and caused the funding crisis in Irish Soccer, yet its Irish soccer who are paying the price.

Over the next 5 years (the duration of the new participation agreement and lifetime of proposed development plans) the league will generate somewhere from €5-7 million euro for the FAI through fines (60k PA =€300k) Participation costs (600k PA = €3 million) and on top of that the unknowns such as TV revenue, UEFA grants and sponsorships (eg airtricity/daily mail etc). In that time how much are the wages for the 10/12 stooges on the "committee" of the FAI?

I don't think its too much to ask for that the FAI breakdown how much it costs to administer the league and then allocate the remainder to a development fund which should be subsidised by our national association and government via sports grants.

The minimum that should be done is the restoration of the budget for a Marketing/Community officer which clubs employ (I think it was €15k per prem club and €10k per 1D club) - then, and only then can we actually talk about development plans, as without a community base, no club can survive.

I dont agree that the clubs could be trusted to run the league themselves (it would turn into another Ollie Byrne scenario) - but financially the league is making money for the FAI and the FAI give practically nothing back. The FAI generated nearly €50 million last year and will generate more this year with the Euros- what exactly was that spent on and who benefited, because it certainly wasnt grass roots football.

Honestly its shameful that other strong clubs haven't stood up and been counted. Their silence gives credibility to the stance of the FAI which noone in Irish football who isn't benefiting financially from approves of. Its shameful that Bohs, Shams, Cork and Dundalk haven't stood up and supported fellow members. Its backward thinking and will only lead to the status quo remaining- though maybe thats what these clubs want? As long as noone allows other clubs develop, then these guys will always be the "big boys" - as I said, shameful behavior from them.
    you are my sunshine, my only Sunshine......

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,220 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by babydol View Post
    Participation costs (600k PA = €3 million)
    Way too high unfortunately. E17k/Premier and E8k/First gives E268k. Less if the league goes to 10-team Premier/10-team First.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by desaintsno.12 View Post
    FAI named the clubs that have confirmed they are on board.... or the bottlers if you will.

""Dundalk, Shamrock Rovers, Cork City, Bohemian FC and Galway United"

Given the FAI's previous form, they could be lying, but for now i shall tar them all with the bottlers tag.
    Just like ye bottled it when we wanted help then?

11. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    819 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr A View Post
    Great interview but that idea that players who want to play for Ireland having to play LOI first is crazy

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    184 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by outspoken View Post
    Great interview but that idea that players who want to play for Ireland having to play LOI first is crazy
    Have only read the article, not listened to the interview. but it's a shame when people who generally talk sense make really ridiculous statements like that. It just devalues their good ideas.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Are the FAI obliged to reveal employee expenses and FAI pension contributions? Given the FAI receives so much tax-payers money, I believe the FAI are legally obliged to divulge expenses. The Minister for Sport needs to be called to account over this.

There seems to be an extraordinary conspiracy of silence around John Delaney and the FAI. Boards.ie soccer forum have not one thread on this story. Whats going on? Do the FAI control internet forums??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zander1983 View Post
    Are the FAI obliged to reveal employee expenses and FAI pension contributions? Given the FAI receives so much tax-payers money, I believe the FAI are legally obliged to divulge expenses. The Minister for Sport needs to be called to account over this.

There seems to be an extraordinary conspiracy of silence around John Delaney and the FAI. Boards.ie soccer forum have not one thread on this story. Whats going on? Do the FAI control internet forums??
    Boards is notoriously touchy about any possible legal issues that may arise with posts on it.

If someone was to make a post with evidence of something then by all means it would be posted with verification. Likewise on here, I can't imagine that Adam would be all too pleased with c&d letters from the FAI if someone were to post something nefarious.

Anyway if there's any alleged wrongdoing with the FAI I can imagine that the Irish Press Corps would obviously look into it and that the public wouldn't be waiting around on a forum to do the work for them.

There's a thread in the Ireland forum for all Johnny related stuff:
    http://foot.ie/threads/193572-The-John-Delaney-Thread

Also worth a look is the FAI finance thread:
    http://foot.ie/threads/168760-FAI-finances
    Last edited by BonnieShels; 11/08/2016 at 7:34 PM.
    DID YOU NOTICE A SIGN OUTSIDE MY HOUSE...?

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    Iceland fa KSI, released figures to do with distribution of part of Euro 2016 Finals participation income.
    € 3.5m in total distributed to clubs, about 25% of total income, as per decision taken at AGM in Feb 2016.
    €135k to top clubs €115k medium clubs, €16k to the tiniest clubs.
    Mandated is that it's for football related projects not for playing personel.
    There's an extra grant of €7,500 made available for each top 24 clubs to send their youth coaches to a uefa elite youth coaching course organised by KSI

Annual accounts report is made public.
    Perusing the addenda, I see they give an annual grant of €7,000 to each club in top 2 divisons
    to complete their annual accounts and licence application.
    Also accounted for is all finance received from Fifa/Uefa and where and what it goes for.

18. Thanks From:

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    999 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geysir View Post
    Iceland fa KSI, released figures to do with distribution of part of Euro 2016 Finals participation income.
    € 3.5m in total distributed to clubs, about 25% of total income, as per decision taken at AGM in Feb 2016.
    €135k to top clubs €115k medium clubs, €16k to the tiniest clubs.
    Mandated is that it's for football related projects not for playing personel.
    There's an extra grant of €7,500 made available for each top 24 clubs to send their youth coaches to a uefa elite youth coaching course organised by KSI

Annual accounts report is made public.
    Perusing the addenda, I see they give an annual grant of €7,000 to each club in top 2 divisons
    to complete their annual accounts and licence application.
    Also accounted for is all finance received from Fifa/Uefa and where and what it goes for.
    Delaney wouldn't be having that!

Openness and transparency...shudder.
    Last edited by osarusan; 17/08/2016 at 6:56 PM.

20. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pateen View Post
    Johns Father. Another shady character

http://www.soccer-ireland.com/irish-...erriongate.htm
    Hard to believe there is a stand called after Joe Delaney in Turners Cross

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    217 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by colonelwest View Post
    To be fair Dan McDonnell has been taking on all comers about it on twitter and Neil O'Riordan would be doing the same if he wasn't sunning himself on the Copacabana, a lot of coverage on the42 and a few other outlets as well.
    McDonnell often comes out to bat for the league. I think someone said he used to post on the old eircom league message board that Johnny Ward had in the early 00's.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by legendz View Post
    McDonnell often comes out to bat for the league. I think someone said he used to post on the old eircom league message board that Johnny Ward had in the early 00's.
    He did indeed and if I remember rightly he was involved in setting up Orielweb back in the day and did a few bits for Dundalk when he was coming up as a young fella/ student. He's an Ardee lad and has always had an interest/ covered the league and when he got into the indo he's covered the LOI beat very well since. Owen Cowzer & Neil O'Riordan would be two others who help the league punch above it's weight in coverage/ column inches, Neil's son Luke as well the past few years.

As to what geysir posted above from the Icelandic FA, we can but only dream of that sort of thing going on over here!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast