Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: €5,000 from FAI for strategic plan

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by White Horse View Post
    I presume you are referring to United Park and not Oriel.

Dundalk need the support of the FAI to cope with staging Champions League/Europa League games. In addition, the FAI could really screw Dundalk if they are inflexible with league fixtures. I wouldn't expect a peep from Dundalk on this, irrespective of what they actually think on the issue.
    Yeah I meant Drogheda. I think I've typed out Dundalk so much over the past few weeks that it automatically corrected to that in my brain.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by D24Saint View Post
    https://audioboom.com/boos/4905624-c...ore-corks-96fm

the topic comes up 5.30 in , even if cork planned on accepting the paltry offer of 5k then there surly must have been a way of doing so without hanging their fellow clubs out to dry , the cork chairman comes across as total Delaney sycophant.I found his comments very disappointing.
    Not entirely unexpected with the naming of the Joe Delaney stand and the recent Ireland friendly in the cross. FWIW I think every club should have weighed in behind Derry and Pats but everyone has their own agenda as per.

International Prospect sadloserkid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Longfordian View Post
    I don't fancy Pats chances of getting it again. They'll be number 1 on Delaney's sh*t list.
    Hey, Limerick can't expected to hold the position indefinitely.

Quote Originally Posted by Duffman View Post
    Not entirely unexpected with the naming of the Joe Delaney stand and the recent Ireland friendly in the cross. FWIW I think every club should have weighed in behind Derry and Pats but everyone has their own agenda as per.
    Different Joe Delaney no? Or am I wrong?
    The ball is round and has many surprises.

4. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    Neither of those things has anything to do with Cork City. We had no say in the naming of the stand, that was an MFA gig. We had no say in the Belarus game, that was an FAI/MFA gig. We got thrown a few tickets for it but that was the extent.

6. Thanks From:

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    The last time a club took on the FAI was Limerick when we were denied the Barcelona Friendly. A match that could have been very lucrative for us. None of the other clubs came out in support and when it went to court it was only for Pat and his money that we managed to settle the case.

I think the clubs should have met up first and discussed it amoungst themselves before sticking their necks outs. Even now I think the clubs, including Pats and Derry need to meet up and decide what they are doing and not just rely on each other to come out publicly in support.

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jofspring View Post
    The last time a club took on the FAI was Limerick when we were denied the Barcelona Friendly. A match that could have been very lucrative for us. None of the other clubs came out in support and when it went to court it was only for Pat and his money that we managed to settle the case.

I think the clubs should have met up first and discussed it amoungst themselves before sticking their necks outs. Even now I think the clubs, including Pats and Derry need to meet up and decide what they are doing and not just rely on each other to come out publicly in support.
    So you're saying some sort of strategic planning is needed?
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts

But the FAI met with the PCA right? So the clubs did meet? I really wish we had a clearer picture of what had actually happened here. Did the PCA agree to this? If so have Pats and Derry gone off on their own? Are they undermining the PCA? I honestly don't know.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    I thought the PCA met with the FAI but then they went back to their boards to decide what to do? Pats and Derry decided to turn it down but released their own press releases without really knowing what other clubs were going to do. That's what I was taking from Pats latest press release.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts
    For an organisation that demands transparency the PCA is pretty opaque.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

12. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts
    Nevertheless, the clubs should get behind the rejection - individually where they can, where they are vulnerable make sure they vote (in secret if necessary).

That's the value of having the association. Use it!

It's not rocket science, it's the simplest form of democracy. Come on, let's support each other, even if we need secrecy to do so.

Transparency can follow when the dictator is gone (is this Iraq I'm talking about?).

14. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    409 Posts
    But this is the thing that has held Irish football back for decades now. Everyone thinking only of their own narrow self interests, rather than the greater good. It may give a short term boost to your position, but longer term it holds everyone back.

The FAI taking over the league was meant to see an end t parochial self interest and the start of the greater good. It's just seen the FAI's own parochial interests replace those of individual clubs, with clubs left in a worse position and with less power/influence. Worst case scenario.

16. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts
    Delighted with he club for taking a stand, even if it does cost us further down the line.

Really disappointing that other clubs bottled it and didnt get behind us and Derry.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by desaintsno.12 View Post
    Delighted with he club for taking a stand, even if it does cost us further down the line.

Really disappointing that other clubs bottled it and didnt get behind us and Derry.
    Is that 100% though? Clubs could weighing up their options still.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    These are the questions a journalist had compiled to be asked at the FAI AGM, but wasnt allowed:

- WHY have five of the ten FAS board members served for 13 years, one for 12, one for 11 and another for nine when all universal corporate governance recommendations suggest that there should be regular changes in personnel at this level in all companies and organisations?

- DOES the FAI owe UEFA any money loaned to it by that organisation?

- DID the FAI receive the full €8m UEFA prize money for qualifying for Euro 2016 in 2015 and has this sum or any of It been included In the 2015 accounts?

- HOW did wages and salaries lump from €8,750,000 in 2014 to €11,431,000 in 2015 when employee numbers only rose by eight to 167?

- WHY was there an interest charge paid of €430,000 by the FAI on the accounts of New Stadium Ltd (the company that operates the Aviva Stadium with the IRRI) in 2015?

- WERE any of John Delaney's relations employed by the FA1 or receive payment from the FAI for work carried out on its behalf before, during and after Euro 2016?

- WAS Emma English or any relations of Emma English employed by the FAJ or receive payment from the FA1 for work carried out on its behalf before, during and after Euro 2016?

HERE are some of the questions sent by the media to the FAI after last year's AGM in Sligo and to which there has been no reply:

- at what stage did the FAl's 'independent' audit committe become aware the agreement with FIFA regarding the loan/ payment arising from the 2009 World Cup play-off defeat to France?

- CAN the association detail the revenue genenerated by affiliation fees and fines from League of Ireland clubs during 2014?

- is the the new (now former) lender CCT charging a higher Interest an Danske Bank?

- what is the total annnual cost of Delaneys deal to the FAI including pensions, expenses and other benefits?

- what was the FAIs profit/loss from the Vantage club 10 year ticket venture?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts
    Is that 100% though? Clubs could weighing up their options still.
    FAI named the clubs that have confirmed they are on board.... or the bottlers if you will.

""Dundalk, Shamrock Rovers, Cork City, Bohemian FC and Galway United"

Given the FAI's previous form, they could be lying, but for now i shall tar them all with the bottlers tag.
    Last edited by desaintsno.12; 08/08/2016 at 10:44 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    All Clubs supporter groups should have some sort of banner this Weekend showing the disgust as the pathetic donation to the league
    We are the SR the SRFC.......
    Part time Finn Harps too :)

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    819 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ForzaHoop View Post
    All Clubs supporter groups should have some sort of banner this Weekend showing the disgust as the pathetic donation to the league
    Great shout

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    The FAI wil just fine any club displaying anti FAI banners in the ground. Doesn't seem like the best way of protesting about a lack of funding for clubs, noble and all as the sentiment is.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Longfordian View Post
    The FAI wil just fine any club displaying anti FAI banners in the ground. Doesn't seem like the best way of protesting about a lack of funding for clubs, noble and all as the sentiment is.
    I know a few diff group of lads who go to Oriel regularly who are organising a few Anti Delaney/FAI banners for next Tuesday night

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts
    Makes sense to bring all the banners to a Dundalk game as they are the only ones that can afford the fines.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

26. Thanks From:

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast