Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    1-0 win for Broadford, Brian Hannigan with the winner in the first half for a deserved victory. First DL side to reach MJC semis since Askeaton in 1991 I think, great stuff.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Fair play to Broadford, massive achievement. I still think they will struggle to progress any further given the quality and pedigree of the teams remaining but to get to a semi is outstanding, probably bigger than Abbeys win in Munster champions cup in my opinion as there are more teams. Great year for the league with both Abbey and Broadfords progress on top of two other good teams battling for the premier. It's been a long time since there has been that type of competition in the league. Fair play to all involved

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Semi Final Draw
    Fairview Rgs v Pike Rvs
    Limerick Venue, Date TBC

Broadford Utd v St Michael's
    Limerick Desmond Venue, Date TBC

Wonder if they'll take it to Newcastle or Clounreask?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Which pitch is best. Michaels should bring a good crowd with them aswell

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by balls View Post
    Which pitch is best. Michaels should bring a good crowd with them aswell
    Tough draw but they all are I suppose, I see on Facebook that they are talking about Ballingarry

International Prospect CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Any ideas when this might be lads ? I am hope soon for a few days and I'd definitely go and see it.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazza29 View Post
    Fair play to Broadford, massive achievement. I still think they will struggle to progress any further given the quality and pedigree of the teams remaining but to get to a semi is outstanding, probably bigger than Abbeys win in Munster champions cup in my opinion as there are more teams. Great year for the league with both Abbey and Broadfords progress on top of two other good teams battling for the premier. It's been a long time since there has been that type of competition in the league. Fair play to all involved
    I'd have to disagree with you there. While it is a great achievement for Broadford and I'm not taking anything away from them, Annacotty were woeful on Sunday and the toughest side they have come across in six games is Rathkeale. I know they can only beat what's in front of them but they have had great luck with the draw and have had four of their six games on home soil (make that 5/7 now). They'll fancy their chances against St. Michael's with Abbeyfeale beating them at Christmas.

Abbeyfeale may have only played four games in the Munster Champions Trophy but they defeated four sides who were all reigning premier division champions in their respective leagues. Three of their four games were against top sides and there was nothing between them.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shearer View Post
    I'd have to disagree with you there. While it is a great achievement for Broadford and I'm not taking anything away from them, Annacotty were woeful on Sunday and the toughest side they have come across in six games is Rathkeale. I know they can only beat what's in front of them but they have had great luck with the draw and have had four of their six games on home soil (make that 5/7 now). They'll fancy their chances against St. Michael's with Abbeyfeale beating them at Christmas.

Abbeyfeale may have only played four games in the Munster Champions Trophy but they defeated four sides who were all reigning premier division champions in their respective leagues. Three of their four games were against top sides and there was nothing between them.
    Aisling can't be that bad, In the last 8 days they have beaten Pike and Janesboro but lost to a Desmond league side, or are Pike and Janesboro also bad sides?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    I'm not saying their bad. I am reliably informed that they were good on Thursday night and tonight but were useless on Sunday.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shearer View Post
    I'm not saying their bad. I am reliably informed that they were good on Thursday night and tonight but were useless on Sunday.
    Were they made look useless. U don't seem to be giving a whole pile of credit to ur own local side

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Ya I agree with shearer, but first of all let me say well done to broadford on progressing to semi..I was at the 3 game s annacotty played in, they were excellent v pike, looked very poor v broadford, the pace of the game was slow and neither side looked great and tonight they done well but janesboro were also very poor, looked very slow and poor at the back and played wit 10 men for a good spell. I'm not knocking broadford for who they have beat on way bcos that is all they could beat with the draw going that way. Abbeyfeale beat four premier champions and one of them were st michaels so let's all c how broadford get on against them and then maybe we can judge.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    First off Congratulations to Broadford, only second side ever to get to this stage I believe.
    Far better footballing side last Sunday.
    I'd have to agree with Shearer also, I was at all 3 Annacotty games in the last 7 days and thought they were excellent against Pike, poor on Sunday and good enough last night, I say good enough as they played 10 men for nearly 60 minutes and Annacotty tired towards the end of normal time only a fantastic goal pulled it out if the fire for them at the end of extra time.
    With regards to Sunday, I think first of all Annacotty having to play one of the best junior teams in the country 72 hours before hand didn't help them.
    Second I think the pace of the game was suited to Broadford, a slower possession game suits broadford as they are a better footballing side than Annacotty without a doubt in my opinion.
    Third, Broadford were far better in the middle of the field with Willie O'Brien, Gary Egan, and Michael Brosnan they're as strong as any team in the country, Annacotty are not as strong there and in my opinion that's where broadford beat them.
    So I think it's more a case of Annacotty are not as good as we think they are maybe and Broadford probably won't get the credit they should until they beat a better side and they don't come much better than St Michael's so we'll see then.
    Hopefully they can pull it off, it would be great for our league.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    Premier Division League Cup Quarter Final: Broadford United 1-3 Newcastle West AFC.
    CJ Fitzpatrick put Broadford into the lead after 20 minutes, Paul Downes equalised before the break and completed his hat-trick with goals on the 65th and 80th minutes.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Terrible result for broadford..this is our representative in munster semi.should be able to beat Newcastle west..

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Very surprising result. Abbey beat Ballingarry 3-0 in league last Wednesday night.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Why was this game played on St Patricks Day? Poor result for Broadford, did they deserve to lose? Bad result for them after a great win against Aisling

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fanaticfan View Post
    Why was this game played on St Patricks Day? Poor result for Broadford, did they deserve to lose? Bad result for them after a great win against Aisling
    Broadford were probably the better team but Newcastle defended them well along with the fact Paul Downes gave the two centre halves an awful time of it.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    The Riedy Cup Final is fixtured for Saturday April 15th, anyone know the venue?

Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast