Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Limerick Desmond League 2016/17

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Terrible result for desmond. Should be beating the likes of them at home.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Wasnt at the game but should be winning these games. Didn't think Peter Nash was in the squad, good option to have, quick player and can shoot off left or right

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Great for desmond league yesterday wit abbeyfeale advancing to final of munster competition..looks like final is at desmond league venue..

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by southern kid View Post
    Great for desmond league yesterday wit abbeyfeale advancing to final of munster competition..looks like final is at desmond league venue..
    If they could have it in Clounreask on a Saturday night it'd be great. Everyone would be able to support it as it wouldn't be clashing with their own games.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    Preview for this weekend's Limerick Desmond League games.
    And because I forgot to link it last week, here's last week's one if anyone is interested - Link.

7. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    So I see the Oscar Traynor are playing on Sunday away to Kerry and Carrig are home to Abbeyfeale. What's going on at all?? Abbeyfeale players must not want to play for Desmond's AGAIN

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Newb to this. 2 genuine questions from a player who just started playing with a lower div club this season. 1. Why are fixtures in this league only brought out the week of a game? Players cant exactly plan the weekends when their Sunday morning is taken up. Cant head away or go out (well it doesn't stop everyone ill admit). A bit more of a heads up than the Monday or Tuesday before would be handy. Like bringing out all of Octobers fixtures at the start of October etc and any cancelled games get moved to the next month. I noticed some weekends fixtures come out on a Sunday night, other times not until a Tuesday evening, there's no consistency there. 2. (And I understand this question was probably asked plenty of times before) Why the hell aren't games played on Saturdays instead of Sundays? In Dublin and other places they are on Saturdays and work out a lot better in my opinion. Less people hungover or missing because of the night before (this isn't exactly the premier league we are playing in no offence) but also games don't clash with GAA fixtures which loses GAA players on teams also. Im not just talking about my own club this goes across most if not all clubs I've noticed. Just wondering why!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fanaticfan View Post
    So I see the Oscar Traynor are playing on Sunday away to Kerry and Carrig are home to Abbeyfeale. What's going on at all?? Abbeyfeale players must not want to play for Desmond's AGAIN
    Ah here!! I'm sure someone said prior to their (Oscar Traynor) first game that there were 2-3 Abbeyfeale players at the training?
    If going by previous seasons Oscar Traynor panels you'd have to think at least 3 - 4 would want to play (Billy Quirke, Mike Sheehan, Thomas & Chris Smith, Joe Kelliher) have all played and I'm sure I've left out one or 2.
    Thanks to 'Shearer' (great work) there is a explanation for the Abbeyfeale contingent being missing the previous day - Kelliher Explains Abbeyfeale Oscar Traynor Omissions.

On the Carrig side then you have Sean McSweeney, Ray Brouder, Ray Cahill & Anthony Molneaux who would have played recently...
    If it's a case that players simply don't want to play that is a massive shame... but i can't see that being the case.
    Regardless...best of luck to the team on Sunday, they should fancy their chances against a Kerry team beaten 3-0 by Limerick District on match-day 1, hopefully get a result to give them something to play for in the final group game.
    Last edited by sexyfootball; 22/11/2016 at 12:19 PM.
    OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YA BEAUTY! What a hit son... what a hit!

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    I think There was a few abbey and Carrig players named but a combination of injuries and holidays has ruled them out

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ballistinianlad View Post
    I think There was a few abbey and Carrig players named but a combination of injuries and holidays has ruled them out
    That's fair enough, there had to be more than them just not wanting to play.
    Hopefully the Oscar Traynor squad have gotten a few more sessions under their belts too and are primed for Sunday; they've a good chance of getting something from that game.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Somehow I don't believe a word of that. Abbeyfeale players have no interest in representing the league and its a disgrace. I wonder what statement the abbeyfeale management will give this time

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Personally I don't believe that fanaticfan. As I've said before you can see from previous seasons they've wanted to & have played.
    It doesn't help that a game has been fixed this weekend with the Oscar Traynor also on though...

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    That's what I'm saying. If they were playing for the Desmond's then abbeyfeale wouldn't be playing carrig on Sunday obviously so its kinda obviously they don't want to play for desmonds

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shearer View Post
    Great previews again Shearer the lower divisions of the league never seem to get much notice until the business end of the season... well researched!
    You going to do a preview of the Oscar Traynor game?

fanaticfa
    n we'll get behind the panel that's there... get a good result against Kerry and we'l take it from there.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sexyfootball View Post
    Great previews again Shearer the lower divisions of the league never seem to get much notice until the business end of the season... well researched! You going to do a preview of the Oscar Traynor game? fanaticfan we'll get behind the panel that's there... get a good result against Kerry and we'l take it from there.
    Thanks very much, I've found that previewing Division 3 has been the most fun this year.

I would preview the Oscar Traynor game but I don't have enough information. I was at the game vs West Cork and would be able to speak about the Desmond side but it's very hard to research another Oscar Traynor team when it's one side with representatives from loads of clubs. Hopefully Desmond pick up a win on Sunday, it would put them in a good position to reach the next stage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Reads like Jimmy Rabbit interviewing himself in the bath in The Commitments.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    😂 haha

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    I'll have an interview with Brian Barry of my own going up tonight.

Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast