Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Limerick Desmond League 2016/17

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by southern kid View Post
    Best of luck to abbeyfeale on Sunday. Is it still on in ncw, rumour has it Newcastle west mite not host it.. hopefully they put it up to michaels.. they are a quality side with big game players..was any one at abbeys game in fai. Some result to be fair. I think that navan cosmos are top side.they beat sheriff two wks ago in Leinster junior cup...
    That was Leinster Senior Cup.Wouldn't be one of their targets but still good result for Navan.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Can there be any doubt now that this Abbeyfeale team is the greatest the Desmond league has ever seen?

I mean todays win combined with practically single handedly wining the Oscar Traynor a few years back.

Can now concentrate on winning a 3rd league title on the bounce

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by snafu View Post
    Can there be any doubt now that this Abbeyfeale team is the greatest the Desmond league has ever seen?

I mean todays win combined with practically single handedly wining the Oscar Traynor a few years back.

Oh my God, One big big win and all of a sudden they are the greatest team ever

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!
    OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YA BEAUTY! What a hit son... what a hit!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

By the way, 2 from Abbey played in the Oscar Traynor, but yeah u r right, they won it single handily

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Major achievement by Abbey last Sunday, never thought I'd see a Desmond side lift a provincial trophy. They'll be looking to make serious inroads in the FAI Junior now after this.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    They are a good side yes but wouldn't be the greatest team ever hahaha

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    The fact that no other DL side has won a provincial or national title, with only one beaten finalist in either competition before last weekend, means they have legitimate claims to be labeled best DL side ever.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnie C View Post
    The fact that no other DL side has won a provincial or national title, with only one beaten finalist in either competition before last weekend, means they have legitimate claims to be labeled best DL side ever.
    It is a great achievement by Abbeyfeale, congratulations to them!
    However at the same time I don't think you can compare it to a Munster Junior or FAI... the competition is only relatively new & other 'bigger' teams certainty would not have winning it as a priority over MJ, FAI or their own league... this is just my opinion though.

Why do we need to say they're the best Desmond League side EVER anyway? There have been plenty of teams who won trebles in the past & this competition was not around for them to compete in...

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    MUNSTER JUNIOR CUP
    4th Round Draw
    Abbeyfeale v Youghal Utd or UCC Utd
    Broadford v Tower FC (Cork Aul)
    Great chance for both to progress.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    Will have a preview up for around 8PM tomorrow.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

14. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Just heard on the radio there that the lads lost 6-1 to Limerick District Saturday night... was anyone at the game, what kind of a team did they have?

Great stuff again Shearer, it's good to see an interest placed on all divisions of the league & not just the Premier.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sexyfootball View Post
    Just heard on the radio there that the lads lost 6-1 to Limerick District Saturday night... was anyone at the game, what kind of a team did they have?

Great stuff again Shearer, it's good to see an interest placed on all divisions of the league & not just the Premier.
    You probably saw the team but in case you haven't I got it from the Limerick Leader:
    Seanie Lynch, Dylan Corrigan, Thomas Quilligan, Van Mambouana, Sean O'Shea, Ray Brouder, Keith Harnett, Gary Kelly, Cillian O'Connor, Ed Gallagher and Colin Enright were the starting eleven.
    Kevin Foster, Ger Garvey, Declan Sommers, Dan Gayer and James Purcell were on the bench.

There were some late withdrawals according to the Limerick Desmond League Forum Facebook Page and after comparing the panel on the day to the panel that was announced a few days prior, I'm assuming that Tony Quaid, Aaron Smith, Sean King, Martin Madden and Darragh Deegan were the withdrawals.

Thanks very much by the way, as someone from a small club I'm always going to make sure that the other three divisions get enough coverage.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    when are the next fixtures due to be played?? good to see some new names get a craic at representing the league but next year they'll have to convince players from the bigger teams, fair play to all involved for having a go though must have tested their patience. Rathkeale to go on and win the premier, granagh and Shannon side battling it out to win division one with both going up.. congrats to Abbeyfeale on winning the Munster champions cup puts or league on the map a bit.. lastly any interesting friendlies over the xmas period??

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Next fixtures due to be played 7/ 8 Jan.. that was an embarrassing result with Oscar traynor team in limerick and also hear janesboro hammered ratkeale by 8 or 9 goals,who are top of desmond league.. if true very embarrassing for desmond league...Happy new year to all...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Don't think you can read too much into those results, disappointing though they are. Oscar Traynor has been a shambles and it's hard to get a full strength team out this time of year, it's easier for the likes of Janesboro, they have more of a hold over their players for some reason or another...

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    are the fixtures out??? any transfers or is that just a city thing? this new referee also is doing a great a job by all accounts good to see there's some new ones in our league

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    I agree it's difficult enough to get players out during festive season but why bother organising these fixtures then an embarrassing players that turn up...yes I seen that referee in glin and thought he handled game well.he was able to keep up with play which is always a good thing.... big game in broadford Sunday.,I still think there is enough in broadford squad if all available to push for league after lasts years failure... any one know when abbey are out in fai?

Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast