Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 240 of 306

Thread: Cork AUL Premier & Premier A 2016/17

  1. #221
    Apprentice
    Joined
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    64
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by daveymac89 View Post
    Has to be shock of the season
    Is it really that much of a shock? nothing like an early morning trip to Cobh on a Sunday to check how committed your players really are...............

  2. #222
    Apprentice
    Joined
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    33
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Sure it's only 30 mins down the road? All of our away games are a minimum 30 mins down the road. Kanturk away next week will take up the whole day.

  3. #223
    Apprentice
    Joined
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    64
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SFC16 View Post
    Sure it's only 30 mins down the road? All of our away games are a minimum 30 mins down the road. Kanturk away next week will take up the whole day.
    It isn't the distance that's the issue really . Its the fact ye play on a sunday morning . Some fellas don't want to stay in on a Saturday night

  4. #224
    Apprentice
    Joined
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    33
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Yeah that's a killer even for us to be fair. It's to do with the schoolboys having the pitch on the Saturday.

  5. #225
    Apprentice
    Joined
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    64
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SFC16 View Post
    Yeah that's a killer even for us to be fair. It's to do with the schoolboys having the pitch on the Saturday.
    Ah seriously? The men's team is not the most important in the club? Schoolboys take preference for use of the pitch over the junior side? Surely the schoolboys teams could play Sunday morning?

  6. #226
    Apprentice daveymac89's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Cork
    Posts
    83
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Its a shock a huge shock. Its the only game they won

  7. #227
    Apprentice
    Joined
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    64
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by daveymac89 View Post
    Its a shock a huge shock. Its the only game they won
    Knocknaheeney losing away on a Sunday morning is not a shock . I accept that you might think it is as it was away to Springfield who haven't won a game . But many fancied teams have come unstuck down in cobh on a sunday morning over the years

  8. #228
    Youth Team Game-of-sloggs's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2014
    Posts
    133
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
    Poor enough game today in Park, with an exciting ending. Park win 2-1 with an injury time penalty. Park dominated possession against the Glen as expected but what could have been a cracker was ruined by the ref. As a neutral you just want to see good football tough challenges and if course goals but the game could barely flow as Paul O Sullivan had an awful game. Park should have had a pen in first have wasn't giving Glen could of had a few dangerous free kicks weren't giving but the fouls giving was just from the ref being inconsistent. I used give out about refs a lot but became fair to them but the game and my long drive was ruined today. Park did play good football and deserved the win still a strong outfit

  9. #229
    Youth Team bluey's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2009
    Location
    PARADISE
    Posts
    205
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 12 Times in 11 Posts
    Leeside Youth's looking for friendly Sunday afternoon 2pm. Astro in Mayfield Community booked, anyone interested contact Manager Cian 086-8971619

  10. #230
    New Signing
    Joined
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    No stopping park again this year

  11. #231
    Youth Team Foxinthebox's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    116
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
    aul have banned any free weekends for clubs thats a bit strong must be a huge back log of games.

  12. #232
    Youth Team
    Joined
    May 2013
    Posts
    112
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 11 Times in 10 Posts
    Pearse seem to be motoring along quietly in the league, could well be there year. Saturday will tell a lot with them and where they are at. On a side not, whats goin on with blarney street? There gone to pot altogether

  13. #233
    New Signing
    Joined
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by buzzkill View Post
    Pearse seem to be motoring along quietly in the league, could well be there year. Saturday will tell a lot with them and where they are at. On a side not, whats goin on with blarney street? There gone to pot altogether
    And greenwood with no managers again. The 2 boys stepped down. Looks like all not good in that club for a long time now. I heard the word poison chalice been used before looks like it applies to that club. Long term chairman walked away as well.

  14. #234
    Youth Team Foxinthebox's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    116
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by buzzkill View Post
    Pearse seem to be motoring along quietly in the league, could well be there year. Saturday will tell a lot with them and where they are at. On a side not, whats goin on with blarney street? There gone to pot altogether
    scoreline v park in aoh sounds like they were unlucky ....great win for bohs ...village will have a big say this year.

  15. #235
    Apprentice
    Joined
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    64
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by buzzkill View Post
    Pearse seem to be motoring along quietly in the league, could well be there year. Saturday will tell a lot with them and where they are at. On a side not, whats goin on with blarney street? There gone to pot altogether
    You just feel that Pearse will fail every year . They always promise so much but fail to deliver . Park for the double again this year if you ask me. It can't be long before they decide to jump ship to the MSL also. So Park , Village , Bohs and possibly Innishvilla as semi finalists this year in the AOH . That would be a reasonably strong semi finals draw but would fancy Park. Blarney Street are gone back to the days of Ed Kenny. Really poor and look like getting hammered every week. It would not surprise me if they were gone before the end of the season which would be sad

  16. #236
    Youth Team Foxinthebox's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    116
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JaketheSnake View Post
    You just feel that Pearse will fail every year . They always promise so much but fail to deliver . Park for the double again this year if you ask me. It can't be long before they decide to jump ship to the MSL also. So Park , Village , Bohs and possibly Innishvilla as semi finalists this year in the AOH . That would be a reasonably strong semi finals draw but would fancy Park. Blarney Street are gone back to the days of Ed Kenny. Really poor and look like getting hammered every week. It would not surprise me if they were gone before the end of the season which would be sad
    very harsh eddies a fine coach

  17. #237
    Apprentice
    Joined
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    64
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxinthebox View Post
    very harsh eddies a fine coach
    Did I comment on his coaching skills? They were poor when Ed Kenny was in charge before Paulie C took over and are back at that level . A good coach has to have players of a certain standard to at least compete . Blarney Street don't seem to have that . Looks like they made a massive mistake last year

  18. #238
    Youth Team Foxinthebox's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    116
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JaketheSnake View Post
    Did I comment on his coaching skills? They were poor when Ed Kenny was in charge before Paulie C took over and are back at that level . A good coach has to have players of a certain standard to at least compete . Blarney Street don't seem to have that . Looks like they made a massive mistake last year
    this is paulie no mistake that s football they will bounce back and best of luck to them.

  19. #239
    Apprentice
    Joined
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    64
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Bounce back? The only way for them is down! Ed is a fine coach? He is working wonders out in Rockmount

  20. #240
    Youth Team Foxinthebox's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    116
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JaketheSnake View Post
    Bounce back? The only way for them is down! Ed is a fine coach? He is working wonders out in Rockmount
    Somtimes a drop makes you stronger going forward.

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2854
    Last Post: 07/07/2016, 1:48 PM
  2. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03/03/2016, 2:03 PM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10/11/2015, 6:38 PM
  4. Cork AUL 2013/14 Premier & Premier A
    By Dixie's Cousin in forum Junior League
    Replies: 2945
    Last Post: 27/06/2014, 4:09 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •