Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Cork AUL Premier & Premier A 2016/17

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxinthebox View Post
    i can only speak for myself bud but when i took blarney st first it was touch and go as to would they stay up or not i told the lads i was signing we could be prem a and i had 5 prem league winners an aoh winner and 3 prem A winning players from their season just finishing done and dusted not to mention other class guys from msl wanting to play .
    It all depends on the manager when it comes to signing players in the Cork AUL these days or what a club can offer. In most cases though when a club starts sliding downhill they rarely come back (Grattan being an exception although they just resigned all the players that had left in the first place) . It looks like the new Blarney Street manager just cant get in players of any quality and wasn't able to keep the ones he had from last season

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    very hard for the club with guys workin and that kid ...could happen anyone no blame game . in my opinion aul and msl junior should mearge it would make for a very strong league in cork in a year or 2 it could challange the limrick and tipp boys. having no oscar team was a big thumbs down to players in aul sent out the wrong msg .
    What do you be on about half the time??? Senior teams in Cork would struggle to beat some of the pretend junior teams in Tipp and Limerick. Joining the junior sections of AUL and MSL will make no difference to this . The best players in Cork usually play senior regardless . Whereas in Tipp and Limerick they don't have to as there is no senior league in either county. I cant see any Cork team winning the FAI junior Cup again and the same with the Oscar Traynor

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexter View Post
    This thread just goes to show how the interest in Cork football is gone to the dogs. There has been a decline the last few years but the wasters running the AUL chose to ignore it.

Another reason is the absolute disgraceful refereeing. The standard here is nothing short of embarrassing. They are a fat unfit overweight clueless organisation who are making the rules up as they go along in some games. They waffle on about respect but they give absolutely no respect to players. Their attitudes are a disgrace and are another reason players are leaving the game.

The AUL is on a very very slippery slope and the way it's going there won't be any organisation in a few season. Where will the Chairman and his YES men get their free pints and tickets then?
    You are right in almost everything you say . The standard of the league and refereeing is shocking both in MSL and AUL . However therewill always be some sort of AUL league though as most city based teams in AUL will never have the facilities to go senior so those AUL boys will be still supping free pints til they go 6 feet under

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    so no good refs in your league? aul here in dublin has some very good ones, even some LOI young fellas.
    ENJOY EVERY MINUTE OF EVERY DAY.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    There isn't many young fellas reffing in the Cork Aul . The refs we have are generally pathetic . There are some fellas reffing in the lower divisions that can barely walk let alone run . Then they make matches all about them . They don't seem to realise a good ref is one that lets the game flow rather than make it about themselves. I wont name names . Don't want a ban

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JaketheSnake View Post
    There isn't many young fellas reffing in the Cork Aul . The refs we have are generally pathetic . There are some fellas reffing in the lower divisions that can barely walk let alone run . Then they make matches all about them . They don't seem to realise a good ref is one that lets the game flow rather than make it about themselves. I wont name names . Don't want a ban
    A ban from who?
    do the cork refs on the league of ireland referee junior soccer in cork?
    ENJOY EVERY MINUTE OF EVERY DAY.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    A ban from the site for bad mouthing particular refs . I think if the refs are on the LOI panel then they don't do junior matches unless they are filling in for someone else . I am not 100% sure though

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    That's supposed to be the arrangement for Elite-ranked refs alright, yes.

In practice? Not so much.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JaketheSnake View Post
    A ban from the site for bad mouthing particular refs . I think if the refs are on the LOI panel then they don't do junior matches unless they are filling in for someone else . I am not 100% sure though
    I couldn't agree more with your posts about the ref, but I think the way things are going taking a ban of this might just be worth it. Players can barely stick 5 passes together with a toe being stuck in and the ref giving a yellow card.

There is some quality refs around cork but there is a lot more who need to take their fingers out if their own holes. They're making the games all about them selves and it's disgraceful.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Plenty of action in the northside recently. Village played Pearse last week and the Village keeper and another player were digging each other around the dressing room after the game . Manager Seanie Barry was also sent off.

Village played the Glen this week. Village were 3 nil down when the Glen got up to their usual carry on. Three players sent off for the Glen . Village went 4-3 up and game was abandoned due to the Glen line.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    So because they won a few trophies it excuses them acting like scumbags?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Some of the most decent and sound bloke in cork change when they put on a jersey winning is every thing .lets keep is clean on here and people will post again.
    I am keeping it clean? Seriously what do you be on about 80% of the time? The game was ABANDONED over crap on the line again!! But they are winners so its ok. Winners don't throw away 3 goal leads though do they? As for Village . Digging the head off a team mate is great for team morale

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    That was my take on it might not be yours is it ok to voice our opinion might not be right but its a persons take on things.calling people scumbags is not clean.maybe it was the refs fault your on about them the other day.
    It cant be the refs fault all the time when there is trouble involving the Glen.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    league hotting up nicely lads , 4 teams in with a shout of winning it, village top and leading the way closely followed by Pearse who seem to be in flying form this year.
    Park havent gone away are hitting form at the right time and grattan lurking in the background playing catch up who have been there and done it all before !! very hard to call but the night games will have a big say !! injuries and tiredness been the killer for players to adjust to with a quick turn around in between games !!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    In my opinion wasn't down to the glens usual antics at all John Lennon the referee no problem naming he was atrosish ruined the whole game.

Fair play to village for never giving up great team effort by all round in and off the field.

The ref had nothing to do with there good performance but the ref did ruin the glen from having a good performance.

Not my first time seeing that red thinking g he was the man if the game. Apparently 'Champions League' material. Brutal in my mind. Fair if he's with both teams but will be now known as a glen rival.

Not taking anything fom village but ref let the game go

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Game-of-sloggs View Post
    In my opinion wasn't down to the glens usual antics at all John Lennon the referee no problem naming he was atrosish ruined the whole game.

Fair play to village for never giving up great team effort by all round in and off the field.

The ref had nothing to do with there good performance but the ref did ruin the glen from having a good performance.

Not my first time seeing that red thinking g he was the man if the game. Apparently 'Champions League' material. Brutal in my mind. Fair if he's with both teams but will be now known as a glen rival.

Not taking anything fom village but ref let the game go
    John Lennon the ref? Imagine? Did ye insult Yoko Ono or something? All joking aside he is atrocious but at 3-0 up ye should have been smarter . The Glen are always their own worst enemy .

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Insults again johns bang on im told the games was blown up early.
    What you on about AGAIN? The man is John Lenihan not John Lennon as Gameofsloggs called him He is bang on but still an atrocious ref

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Insults again johns bang on im told the games was blown up early.
    Blown up early because the glen wouldn't have been able to field a team tonight if he sent off anymore of there players !! the glen captain made the call and asked the ref to blow it up because he saw the way his team was been treated !!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Looks like im right again and what im on about is you owe both teams an apol bud best of luck for your club empty hands again.
    I owe no one an apology. I was told the game was abandoned . Rooster like you said has and is entitled to his opinion Best of luck to my club? I am the same as yourself bud I have no club

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    My bad lads sorry, John Lenihan. Ya I think the game was blown early alright but wouldn't have been to long left.

He seems nice off the pitch but saw him enough times on the pitch and he's not a great ref at all.

The glen are their own worst enemy and it clearly showed but it doesn't help any team or game when the refs decide to be the enemies also

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast