Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Our Biggest Month In Years??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts

Our Biggest Month In Years??

So we're heading into the summer transfer window and where are we at?

This season has been a parade it was always going to be. It's a shocking league and we have four or five really good players.

Huge credit due to Martin Russell for the manner of it though. The Great Entertainers in most of our home games which is important for the club. Can you imagine if this was a Pat Scully team with the same gulf in class?? We'd be four points clear with 9 wins, 7 of them 1 - 0.

So the league is wrapped up.

So we should be using the rest of the season to get ready for an assault on the Premier next year.

Crowds have been above all expectations. Russell should be given the budget now to bring in most of his squad for next year so as to hit the ground running. Our key players should all be being tied down this month for next year.

We're walking the league and it's great fun. But let's face it lads there's seven or eight players in our first team squad that would have no business in a team challenging at the top half of the Premier.

Which is where we should be next year. You could count the decent teams in the Premier on the fingers of one hand.

Now is the time to push on.

The longer the summer goes on with no new contracts and no new signings the more worried we should all be. The longer the summer goes on with no sign of the much whispered new investors the more worried we should all be.

All the laughing this year and the chairman gets a sandwich he doesn't like some day in the new year or spills beans down one of his suits, gets a huff and we are back where we were at the start of 2015.

Hopefully I am talking rubbish and everything is sorted by the time we wrap up the league the end of August. But if not times could be interesting again.

On an aside Martin Russell is absolutely the ideal man for that cluster**** in shamrock rovers. Past evidence suggests they haven't the brains to go for him but might be a space worth watching.

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    At the moment who is signed for next season:

Freddie Hall
    Shane Duggan
    Paudie O'Connor?
    Lee Jay Lynch
    Shane Tracey

Are they the only ones on two year contracts?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jofspring View Post
    At the moment who is signed for next season:

Freddie Hall
    Shane Duggan
    Paudie O'Connor?
    Lee Jay Lynch
    Shane Tracey

Are they the only ones on two year contracts?
    Paul O Conor.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    If things go well between now and the start of next season with regards signings etc then we could be in for the best time for this club in a long long time. Get a few good signing in and really have a go for Europe and Markets Field would be buzzing crowds would be way up even from what they are now and if we could actually manage to sneak into Europe who knows where we could go from there. I don't expect to get into the top 4 next season but if we are not even pushing for it for a lot of the season and are just sitting mid table or lower then all the momentum built from the end of last season into this one will be wasted and crowds will die off again. Even if not signing anyone this window saved money to bring in good quality premier standard players to go with what we already have here in the off season id have no problem with that.

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    999 Posts
    I wouldn't expect the club to bring in any big-name players in this transfer window. We are miles ahead in the title race and our promotion is as guaranteed as can be already. Our squad as it stands is clearly good enough to win this division.

As long as Russell realises that this squad, while good enough to win the first division, will be absolutely slaughtered in the Premier division, and will take steps to bolster it in between seasons, that's fine with me.

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    I reckon this squad would hold their own in the premier. We are as good as anyone in the bottom 5 and better than some. It seems like there is quiet a few poor teams up there. It's really down to how much we want to push on.

I wouldn't mind the club waiting to bring in players. Why spend needless money now. I'd rather us start early at signing new players next season as in November and December. We can maybe tie down some of the better players we currently have alright.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jofspring View Post
    I reckon this squad would hold their own in the premier. We are as good as anyone in the bottom 5 and better than some. It seems like there is quiet a few poor teams up there. It's really down to how much we want to push on.

I wouldn't mind the club waiting to bring in players. Why spend needless money now. I'd rather us start early at signing new players next season as in November and December. We can maybe tie down some of the better players we currently have alright.
    This is absolutely massive now, you can't go up the way we are and have the buzz we do and go up to be mid table with no hope of Europe and playing for nothing it will destroy the whole thing. Have the chance to really build something if we can push on and even just challenge for Europe next season for a lot of the season.