Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Where do we go from here?

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    817 Posts

Where do we go from here?

Disappointed with the lack of reaction to another defeat on here last night although I suppose everyone is just fed up of repeating themselves and I can't blame them. 13 years following De Town and I've never been more disillusioned in my life. It's heartbreaking to see what's going on out there. Will we have anything bar a handful of loyal die hards left by the time we are relegated? Why can't the club see what's going on, do they even care!
    BetweenTheStripes.net - Home of Between the Stripes LOI podcast.

2. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    218 Posts
    You are right about people been fed up repeating themselves. Hanley seems to be the only person who doesn't see what's happening. As far as I'm aware Munnelly wanted Cousins removed after the year we threw the First Division away.

Where do we go from here you ask? Well I can see Munnelly pulling the plug, we'll get relegated and retain Cousins and the club will be go the way of Fingal and Monaghan. Sad times.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    817 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Town Legend View Post
    You are right about people been fed up repeating themselves. Hanley seems to be the only person who doesn't see what's happening. As far as I'm aware Munnelly wanted Cousins removed after the year we threw the First Division away.

Where do we go from here you ask? Well I can see Munnelly pulling the plug, we'll get relegated and retain Cousins and the club will be go the way of Fingal and Monaghan. Sad times.
    What really f*cked me off last night was walking out of the ground and the usual suspects on the board standing there with Hanley all with big smiles on their faces chatting away with each other. WTF could they possibly be smiling about? The fact that more and more loyal supporters are turning their back on the club! Even if we get out of this mess they've f*cked so many people over and it's hard to see things getting better any time soon. I'm totally fed up with the whole thing.

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    536 Posts
    wot really surprised me Outspoken was the lack of action after the COUSINS OUT flag was unhurled.Its as if the club are laughing at us. Is your website shut down for good now?With every passing week the crowd is getting less and less. Tbh I started goin to matches in Abbeycartron with crowds less than there is now so I am well used to it. Longford regardless of any sport is a bandwagon county. The thing that intruiged me last nite was in the second half there was noone from section O that stand there. Me and Sorbos younger brother and his nephews in the first half but we moved in the second half. Where has the bandhoppers in Section O gone to? I wont be helping the club anymore so they can **** off. I will be thinking of myself in future.
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Lads calm down with all the Hanley this and Hanley that. The man deserves a bit of respect, we'd never have done anything close to what we have in the past fifteen years without him and would more than likely be out of business long ago. Not to say that you can't disagree with his decisions but it's important to retain some perspective. Munnelly has been good but still doesn't come anywhere near what Jim Hanley has put in.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    218 Posts
    Don't get me wrong, Hanley has done a lot of good for the club but we are talking in the present here and serious action needs to be taken. I really worry for the clubs future if we go down. More so now than when we went down the last time. The crowds are dire and a lot of it has to do with the crap from Cousins. He needs to go....but I have a feeling he could be gone after the Dundalk game if we lose. Any chance Rovers will come after him?!!!!

8. Thanks From:

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Yes I understand the annoyance with how things are going and nobody's ever right all of the time but I think the criticism is almost getting personal with people commenting on what they observe him doing after matches etc. Like it or not Cousins achieved the targets he was set every year until now and has apparently been a very easy manager to deal with so if he's reluctant to fire him I can understand why, though I don't necessarily agree myself.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    817 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinho II View Post
    wot really surprised me Outspoken was the lack of action after the COUSINS OUT flag was unhurled.Its as if the club are laughing at us. Is your website shut down for good now?With every passing week the crowd is getting less and less. Tbh I started goin to matches in Abbeycartron with crowds less than there is now so I am well used to it. Longford regardless of any sport is a bandwagon county. The thing that intruiged me last nite was in the second half there was noone from section O that stand there. Me and Sorbos younger brother and his nephews in the first half but we moved in the second half. Where has the bandhoppers in Section O gone to? I wont be helping the club anymore so they can **** off. I will be thinking of myself in future.
    Personally I think a proper protest needs to be organised. Get a group of 20 lads over to section O and display banners for 90 minutes. As for your bandwagon comments, why on earth would anyone come out and watch De Town? The club don't seem to care whether we stay up or not so why should your average Joe? I'm going 13 years and feel no connection to the club anymore so how can you expect your local Barstooler to have any interest? I don't blame anyone for staying away and that's exactly what il be doing on Tuesday. Can't justify taking a day off work, putting money in the tank, paying 15 in and then watching us get spanked without any passion at all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts
    Despite long being a TC supporter, even I’ve come to accept enough is enough. The sight of Don coming on for Davy in a ‘tactical’ switch was a new low. Don, like many of his teammates, has been woeful this season. Davy is one of the few players trying to make things happen (which can’t be easy with the ramblings being shouted at him from the dugout).

In the 2nd half, the only player trying to rally the team on Saturday was Rhys. He was the one doing the captain’s job. The rest were mute. And despite losing to arguably the worst Bohs team I’ve seen in almost 20 years following the LOI, I didn’t feel too disappointed as such poor Town performances have become the norm.

Having a record of 5 draws and 11 defeats from the last 16 matches is unacceptable. It’s a terrible reflection on a club with a great ground. The pitch looked excellent on Saturday and I think we should never take for granted how impressive the clubhouse is.

Assuming we don’t see a miracle in Oriel tomorrow, then it’s time for a change of manager after it. Not so much to have for looking ahead to the Derry game, but to the two massive home games that follow. Attendances for those will be poor, so let’s not dwell on that. A new voice in the dressing room is what’s needed to get these players going and entice some new recruits in.

Presuming that he won’t mind leaving Alan Cawley behind in RTE, then Trevor Croly is the best man to come in. And I can go back to being a ‘TC’ supporter again!
    Last edited by hollocaine; 04/07/2016 at 9:31 AM.

12. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Lads what is happening at the club at the moment is scandalous. If Jim Hanley wasn’t around the club may well have folded long ago. But just like players and managers, Jim has to look at now and the future. Past glories are gone. Action is required now!!.
    Unless they have looked around and nobody else wants the job it is amazing that leading into the Transfer window after the Finn Harps defeat that we don’t have a new manager.
    Personally I have been following the Town since we entered the league under Charlie Walker. With the exception of when John Cleary and Mickey O Connor were in charge I would be at most home matches and a lot of away games. Nowadays a home game costs me €35, with two kids in toe and a few quid spent in the clubhouse. My kids love going out to the games, but until there is a change in the dugout I wont be back this season.
    The truth fears no questions...
    It's only when the tide goes out that you learn who's been swimming naked

14. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    536 Posts
    look Jim Hanley was great for us but there comes a time when you outstay your welcome and I think its time for him to go. Personally he doenst have the same passion for the club as he used to do and he doesnt go to away matches any more like he used to do.Its not personal but for the good of the club he has to go along with Cousins.. it is no fluke that the unhappiness with the club has being goin on a good few years.. Its breaking my heart what is going on. I will always go to matches but the more I go the more unhappy and frustrated and annoyed I get. The club used to be good at PR but not anymore. Its a culture club with them now!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    817 Posts
    Marty if Jim was to leave that would be the club GONE. It's a new fresh board full of young blood that's needed. The only other option would be if Munnelly took over but what happens after he's gone? Jim Hanley has stuck loyal with us and God forbid the day he's not able to do that anymore id be hopefully someone in the family would carry it on. The only criticism of Jim would be his blind faith in cousins but as a chairman he's been more than good to this club and I wouldn't had a bad word to say about him after that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    536 Posts
    fair enough Outspoken but if I was in Hanleys shoes I would do what the English board did at the euros give him a target to aim for and if he doesnt make the target then dont renew his contract!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    To be fair Marty Cousins has hit all targets set for him by the board, bar this season. That seems to be the only reason that the board are staying loyal to him, in the hope that he gets us out of this mess. Which unfortunately in my opinion he wont.
    The truth fears no questions...
    It's only when the tide goes out that you learn who's been swimming naked

19. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    817 Posts
    The lack of talk on here says it all. We have accepted our fate.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    536 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by outspoken View Post
    The lack of talk on here says it all. We have accepted our fate.
    first time postin on this. was at game last nite. these three new signings werent much addition at all. Coulter looked nervous and under pressure at least 3 times from a goalkick hit it into touch! it summed it up when there was no communication between Flynner and Coulter for the fourth goal and Derry couldnt miss. Dsane is lazy and did nothing all nite. I wasnt that gone on the other new name and for the life of me I cant think of his name.

Kevin O Connor yet again was exceptionally poor for us. fair enough for his first yellow card the ball was hit at his hand and he couldnt avoid it at close range. for his second yellow I thought it was cynical of him to knock the opposition player down. Flynn was terrible. yet again no leadership from Powell. none of the rest who played or came on as sub did nothing except for Kaleem Simon who worked hard up front and should have scored. as for Lee Duffy he was one on one on Ger doherty and didnt even attempt to kick it!

the sooner we are confirmed relegated there has to be clean sweep of everything ie players, management and staff and the board as everything stinks to high heaven. the only reason I came up to the Brandywell was cos I know we will not be up there for years to come so I thought I might as well stay overnight and get away from Longford for a change!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    817 Posts
    Apparently KOC has been playing with an injury all season, says it about the lack of depth in the squad that Tony will keep picking an injured player if true. Sligo could be a massacre next weekend with Daniel Kearns running down the wing for them.

23. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts
    We are ****ed. Bray winning again, Wexford have a game in hand on us. Our only hope now in my opinion is to try catch Wexford. We can forget about Bray.
    Roddy Collins, the biggest <insert as appropiate> in Irish Football.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    536 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RonnieB View Post
    We are ****ed. Bray winning again, Wexford have a game in hand on us. Our only hope now in my opinion is to try catch Wexford. We can forget about Bray.
    dont think we will catch wexford at all tbh.. if you dont take your chances we dont deserve to stay up in my opinion..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    205 Posts
    I cannot believe this is happening. At least in 07, we had heart, fight and thoroughly enjoyable season. Now, we have nothing. I haven't been to many games, but very few players are up to the task. I'm sad.

27. Thanks From:

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast