Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Where do we go from here?

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    812 Posts
    Yet Gannon has the cheek to come out on Twitter and say it was a good performance before criticising those criticising the team. Too many passengers In this team and he's one of them. Lack of passion and fight would make you sick .

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    I blame the substitutions Cousins made,
    firstly when he made them,
    secondly who he took off, Gannon should not have started but even allowing for that he should have been off,
    we have been doing well without him I don't blame Hughes or Mc Glynn at least they tried,
    and thirdly only 2 subs why not 3
    sorry I don't know the new guy's name number 14 but he looked alright, clearly showing something in training so why not him and Jamie off the bench into the battle zone that is midfield, or better again start him and Jamie's energy was badly needed
    I could be wrong but when we went 2/1 down I didn't hear any shouts from the dug out that Wexford had lost and let's push for at least a point,
    I know you shouldn't have to use other teams losing as motivation but you could feel the confidence drain from the team after that goal
    missed opportunity again with games running out

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Darklordsbane View Post
    I blame the substitutions Cousins made,
    firstly when he made them,
    secondly who he took off, Gannon should not have started but even allowing for that he should have been off,
    we have been doing well without him I don't blame Hughes or Mc Glynn at least they tried,
    and thirdly only 2 subs why not 3
    sorry I don't know the new guy's name number 14 but he looked alright, clearly showing something in training so why not him and Jamie off the bench into the battle zone that is midfield, or better again start him and Jamie's energy was badly needed
    I could be wrong but when we went 2/1 down I didn't hear any shouts from the dug out that Wexford had lost and let's push for at least a point,
    I know you shouldn't have to use other teams losing as motivation but you could feel the confidence drain from the team after that goal
    missed opportunity again with games running out
    another thing is Shamrock Rovers had made their three subs by the time we made our first. why the lack of urgency in making a change. I rest my case.
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    812 Posts
    Every single week he waits till the 75th minute to make a change. He's an idiot

5. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    I listened to his interview on Shannonside and he is blaming the desire of a player, I assume it's one of the back 4 so, whoever he is talking about is certain to be dropped for Wexford

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    812 Posts
    If desire is the issue he will be dropping Gannon and Powell too I assume? Nah will he f*ck, just looking to turn players into scapegoats.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts
    has anyone a link to this TC interview Fri nite as I cant find anythin on the Shannonside website?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    812 Posts
    It's there Marty I listened yesterday. Not worth listening to. Same sh1te as always

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinho II View Post
    has anyone a link to this TC interview Fri nite as I cant find anythin on the Shannonside website?
    http://www.shannonside.ie/sport/long...t-in-tallaght/

11. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    I thought I posted this already but don't see it anywhere I must have forgotten to send

I thought De Town did really well in the last half an hour last night,
    I would hope that the team that finished the game are mostly the starting lineup from now on, bring in Skinner or the so called 3rd choice keeper neither can be worse than Coulter. Davy back when recovered, anyone but Powell, ( but to be fair he was mostly adequate enough last night) this would be similar to the team that drew with Sligo and Galway (ie no Gannon)
    It could have been 10 nil up to the first hour but I thought apart from a couple of breakaway counter attacks we more than matched them in the last half an hour

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    812 Posts
    Well that was pathetic

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    The players we have just aren't good enough. I thought they at least tried but we're a poor side, nothing in midfield, error prone defenders and a keeper who appears to be afraid of physical contact. I've left the strikers out as they are getting no service but it looked like their confidence is on the floor. We're gone now and the rest of this season is just about trying to plan for next year in the First.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

15. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    812 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Longfordian View Post
    The players we have just aren't good enough. I thought they at least tried but we're a poor side, nothing in midfield, error prone defenders and a keeper who appears to be afraid of physical contact. I've left the strikers out as they are getting no service but it looked like their confidence is on the floor. We're gone now and the rest of this season is just about trying to plan for next year in the First.
    Scrap the entire squad and start again next season. As soon as we are officially relegated let the 19's finish the season out and see if any of them can step up next season. The local goalkeeper can't be any worse than the 3 clowns we have had this season.

17. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by outspoken View Post
    Scrap the entire squad and start again next season. As soon as we are officially relegated let the 19's finish the season out and see if any of them can step up next season. The local goalkeeper can't be any worse than the 3 clowns we have had this season.

I was working last night and had no interest in it last nite tbh. I knew quite well that when I opened a paper this mornin that when I seen the result that we would have lost. I felt much better in myself not knowing the result as I accepted relegation months ago. I am not goin to bother wastin my money watchin this lot away. Now I understand how the Galway boys in 2011 felt after their season!

seen somewhere in the press that if we dont win another game that it would equal a record which was last in the 30s. To be honest if the club decide to run a dinner dance this year I for one wont be going as how you can support the worst team in history in the league of ireland and I wouldnt have the heart to go and I wouldnt enjoy it at all as I am fed up and depressed. The sooner the new season starts the better. Anyone any idea on Mathews stayin next year?

And before certain gob****es tell me to feck off I dont give a damn wot you think of me.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    I thought it was pretty good from De Town for the first half an hour,
    the few positives I liked were
    not the whole team in a bunch on one side of the pitch for goal kicks (I don't know why they bother because at least 85% of them go to the opposition)
    not just standing in a bunch in the opposition box for the start of set pieces,
    Mathews shouting at Mulhall and Powell to get out wider, I don't remember 1 ball to the corner which caused problems last night,
    bodies on the goal line for set pieces (but that didn't last long)
    Cowan staying forward for an outlet when we cleared the ball
    Flynn giving out to Gannon
    Mathews honesty in his interview on the radio

negatives Gannon 20% good 80% muck, players not fit, De town lost,

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    812 Posts
    Gannon is possibly one of the worst midfielders I've ever seen in a town jersey. Expected so much more from him after a good end to last season but he pulls out of every tackle and doesn't want the ball. When he gets it he just kicks it into the corners hoping it will look like a good pass. It's the midfield that cost us this season. We are so easy to play against.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    I expect Alan Mathews to have us better organised and there were some signs of that last night but individual errors cost us. He's building for next year and the rest of the season is about seeing if he can make anything out of what he has at the moment. Thought Jamie was much clearer on where he was expected to be and had a decent enough game with one or two good runs. Don was a threat at times too and lasted the full 90 which is unusual for him.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    812 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Longfordian View Post
    I expect Alan Mathews to have us better organised and there were some signs of that last night but individual errors cost us. He's building for next year and the rest of the season is about seeing if he can make anything out of what he has at the moment. Thought Jamie was much clearer on where he was expected to be and had a decent enough game with one or two good runs. Don was a threat at times too and lasted the full 90 which is unusual for him.
    I don't want to offend anyone but what game were you watching? Mulhall was absolutely dreadful. Error after error after error. I've never seen a lad to lose concentration as easilly as him. Great player going forward but needs to get his head into the game.

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinho II View Post
    I was working last night and had no interest in it last nite tbh. I knew quite well that when I opened a paper this mornin that when I seen the result that we would have lost. I felt much better in myself not knowing the result as I accepted relegation months ago. I am not goin to bother wastin my money watchin this lot away. Now I understand how the Galway boys in 2011 felt after their season!

seen somewhere in the press that if we dont win another game that it would equal a record which was last in the 30s. To be honest if the club decide to run a dinner dance this year I for one wont be going as how you can support the worst team in history in the league of ireland and I wouldnt have the heart to go and I wouldnt enjoy it at all as I am fed up and depressed. The sooner the new season starts the better. Anyone any idea on Mathews stayin next year?

And before certain gob****es tell me to feck off I dont give a damn wot you think of me.
    Great attitude as ever Martinho. Where's your loyalty? You've spent the whole season on here moaning bout Section O , T.C, etc . . Yet you are begging people for Longford Town programmes & jerseys. Beginning to think you're in it for yourself

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts
    Former defender Kevin Doherty on the bench last night assisting Mathews, himself a former defender. Of course, we also have former defender Cronin there in a coaching capacity now it seems.

This all sets us up for a full blooded assault on trying to maintain our Premier Division status by playing creative attacking football.

Oh wait...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast