Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: LOI Matches July 1 - July 5th

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    819 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
    In fairness to TC, not many teams are capable of scoring 3 against Dundalk and coming within a minute of a draw.
    Last year he did absolutely outstanding. I think he should be given the chance to try to turn it around.
    Last year we finished 6th but we're only safe with a game to spare. The standard of the league was awful and thanks to the likes of Sligo and Derry not showing up we looked a lot better in the final standings than we should have, realistically we were a 10th placed side last season. This season cousins has not been able to rely on players like Stephen Rice and Ben Mohamed to dig him out and make up for his clear short comings as a manager. He's had 17 games now and has won one game that's more than enough time. Derry away is now surely the game that will decide his future as he has a week to work with the team and the new players he's signed. We haven't delivered good back to back performances once this season so should we play sh1te up in Derry that will say it all about his motivation skills. I hope this is the start of a turn around but I've seen many false dawns this season.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    218 Posts
    And that one game we won (first game of the season against a newly promoted team) we didn't deserve it as Wexford battered us that night only couldn't score! We have produced good performances already in the season but one good game followed by 7/8 pathetic performances is not going to help. At the end of the day it looks like Cousins is staying due to him been allowed to sign players. Let's see if he can get 2 performances in a row which he has failed to do.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts
    So.....safe to say Longford fans are fully behind TC and the squad?

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    819 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Heggy View Post
    So.....safe to say Longford fans are fully behind TC and the squad?
    Youl get your answer to that at full time in the Derry game I suppose.

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by outspoken View Post
    Youl get your answer to that at full time in the Derry game I suppose.
    I suppose we did way better than wot Derry did against Dundalk.. Simon and Duffy from hearin wot people say seems extremely promising..But yet again we cant win after scoring 3 goals! look I will keep believing and will go to matches but I have to be realistic and say that I dont think we will stay up as its the defence thats a huge letdown and with Mark Rossiter gone from us whoever comes in has to show by example from day one..
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinho II View Post
    I suppose we did way better than wot Derry did against Dundalk.. Simon and Duffy from hearin wot people say seems extremely promising..But yet again we cant win after scoring 3 goals! look I will keep believing and will go to matches but I have to be realistic and say that I dont think we will stay up as its the defence thats a huge letdown and with Mark Rossiter gone from us whoever comes in has to show by example from day one..
    Well that didn't last long..

7. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    It was bad enough when it was minerals.
    I've hit a a hot patch of typos and errors that have given plenty of opportunities for the quick witted!

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Madcap Kenny Shiels is under the illusion that red cards can be appealed. Good luck with that one Kenny!

Derry City to appeal red card shown to skipper Ryan McBride against Dundalk

10:04 Friday 8th of July 2016
    Derry City manager Kenny Shiels is to appeal the red card shown to Ryan McBride against Dundalk last week.
    The City boss remains adamant the Candy Stripes’ captain’s challenge on Lily Whites skipper Stephen O’Donnell was not worthy of a red card.
    Following Friday’s 5-0 defeat at the Brandywell, Shiels insisted that he would admit if he was wrong, but having reviewed the video footage, is sticking by his guns and insisting McBride deserved no more than a yellow card.
    He said: “It was a yellow card and it was no more than a yellow card.
    “We’ve looked at it again and there was no intent.
    “He never went off the ground. Stephen O’Donnell got there a split second early but he did three cartwheels which had a big influence on the ref.
    “ He was even smiling to the physio afterwards because he knew he had done the ref. It was a mistimed challenge and you shouldn’t get sent off for a mistimed challenge.”

As it stands, McBride is set to miss next week’s game against Longford Town at the Brandywell, but Shiels will appeal the dismissal in an attempt to have his captain available for selection.
    However, he is not optimistic about his chances of success.
    “I think we should appeal it because it was only a yellow card; anyone in their right mind would see that it was only a yellow card,” he insisted.
    “It was a mistimed challenge. It wasn’t malicious, it didn’t deny a goal scoring opportunity.
    “The referee has said that Ryan went in with speed but it was their player who was travelling fast; Ryan didn’t going in with speed. I would be very disappointed if it wasn’t overturned, but of course, I’m expecting that.”
    http://www.derrynow.com/soccer/airtr...dundalk/103296

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    Madcap Kenny Shiels is under the illusion that red cards can be appealed. Good luck with that one Kenny!

http://www.derrynow.com/soccer/airtr...dundalk/103296
    Thought you can appeal a straight red card, but not one given for two yellow cards

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodquayBoy View Post
    Thought you can appeal a straight red card, but not one given for two yellow cards
    It was a straight red.

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Irrespective of 2 yellows or straight red, there is an automatic 1 match ban, against which no appeals can be made.

The disciplinary committee may then impose a further suspension after considering the referee's report and previous disciplinary record of the player. Any additional suspension can be appealed

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234