Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer Window

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Transfer Window

When does the Transfer Window open in our league and do we have funds to bring players in. Or is dropping back into the First Division seen as a legitimate and acceptable cost cutting exercise.
    The truth fears no questions...
    It's only when the tide goes out that you learn who's been swimming naked

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    812 Posts
    Cousins saying he wants to bring in 1 or 2 which is laughable as we need 5 or 6. Opens on July 1st. Hopefully O'Hanlon goes back to England as well hes f*cking useless

3. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    I think first priority we need a midfielder who "likes a tackle" to add a bit of steel and help with ball retention and a decent winger. While I believe letting Rice go was the correct decision, he was not adequately replaced and we never replaced Ben Mohamed
    The truth fears no questions...
    It's only when the tide goes out that you learn who's been swimming naked

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    812 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkey View Post
    I think first priority we need a midfielder who "likes a tackle" to add a bit of steel and help with ball retention and a decent winger. While I believe letting Rice go was the correct decision, he was not adequately replaced and we never replaced Ben Mohamed
    What we need. A goalkeeper to challenge Skinner, release that Molloy chap to free up a spot. We need a new right full as Mulhall isn't the player he was in 2014 and Havo is out long term. We need a mobile centre back as Flynn and Rossiter have had shocking seasons while Gorman hasn't looked right since his injury. We need 2 out and out wingers as we have none in the current squad. We need a rice like player to put tackles in. We need another striker to replace that waster O'Hanlon. Is 7 players too many? Some would argue it's not enough

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    We'll probably end up with Eric Foley and another couple of 18 and 19 year olds.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    812 Posts
    Oh Foley is a dead cert

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    218 Posts
    I hate to say I told you so but when I stated before a ball was kicked that we'd be down at the bottom scrapping for our lives I was shot down by one or two posters on here. I said we'd struggle to score goals and struggle to keep them out. One poster on here who shall remain nameless said our front 3 of O'Sullivan, O'Hanlon and Duffy would be one of the most feared strikers in the league!! What have they, 5 league goals between them!!

All I'll say on this mess is, if the board don't grow a pair and sack TC before it's too late we'll be playing the Athlone Supporters club next season.

9. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    812 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Town Legend View Post
    I hate to say I told you so but when I stated before a ball was kicked that we'd be down at the bottom scrapping for our lives I was shot down by one or two posters on here. I said we'd struggle to score goals and struggle to keep them out. One poster on here who shall remain nameless said our front 3 of O'Sullivan, O'Hanlon and Duffy would be one of the most feared strikers in the league!! What have they, 5 league goals between them!!

All I'll say on this mess is, if the board don't grow a pair and sack TC before it's too late we'll be playing the Athlone Supporters club next season.
    Nope il hold my hands up here I was the one who said that front 3 would be electric and they should be but sadly Duffy is getting no service he's just the new shaw, hoof it at him and expect miracles. Sully's confidence is on the floor as cousins uses him as a scape goat while O'Hanlon has the worst attitude of any Longford town player ever despite the talent and work rate he showed in 2013, he's just a totally different player these days because he thinks he's a f*cking big time Charlie.

I did say the goalkeeping situation was a major concern and that's been proven right while I also pointed out we hadn't one natural winger in the squad and that's been a major problem.

In pre season cousins threw all his eggs in one basket by playing 433 in every match and when he realised it wasn't going to work he switched between several formations before settling on the totally ridiculous one we have now.

As town legend says it's time the board and the chairman grew a pair and sacked him because i fear we won't have a single supporter left at this rate

11. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    504 Posts
    Regarding Josh, I've heard from inside the camp, that he's completely disillusioned with Cousins, and regrets coming back, so I can sort of empathize with him and his crap performances, have also heard complaints about the hoofball from other players. Won't say who said what obv, don't want anyone getting in trouble :P

I'd nearly take Matthews back for the rest of the season, it'd be turgid, but we'd probably turn a few loses in to draws, and nab the odd 1-0. Keep us up, probably via the playoffs, and start again next year.

13. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    812 Posts
    Josh hasn't performed since day one here he can blame who he wants but the fact he's back with Longford town at all says it all about where his career is going and he has no one to blame but himslef. Other players certainly have grounds to be upset with the way things have gone and that's why I can't understand why the dressing room simply don't stand up and say we've had enough

15. Thanks From:

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts
    Kevin O Connor I thought would have stepped up more and he hasnt which is disappointing. I would take Cathal Brady back in an instance. I know John Sullivan is leaving Galway would he come to us I wonder? Graham Lawlor is a huge loss to us when he was with us we were compact neat and tidy and took no prisoners. but yet again Cousins falls out with his backroom staff again. I am surprised with Gary Cronin that he wont challenge Cousins more.
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    John Sullivan is joining Bray from what I'm aware.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    John Sullivan is joining Bray from what I'm aware.
    cheers Nigel. just show on another thread here that John and Eric Foley are training with Bray.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    812 Posts
    Bray singing a number of handy players in this window while we sit back and do nothing, again goes to show how little the club care

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts
    piece in mirror says that we are linked with ATFC ex goalie Ryan Coulter. Wots peoples opinions of him?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinho II View Post
    piece in mirror says that we are linked with ATFC ex goalie Ryan Coulter. Wots peoples opinions of him?
    Lol. That's all.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Better bet than Molloy if nothing else.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    812 Posts
    **** me, dissolve the club now. He was at our game against bray recently so I well believe it. Ah this is Bolox.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts
    to be honest the only way to get rid of cousins is not go to home games. When you are not goin to home matches the club will be starved of money,bad PR will be rampant and the club will be a laughing stock. Once that takes place surely Cousins will go as Cash is King.

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    That's a rediculous thing to say.So you'd like your club to get into financial difficulties? Anyone encouraging others to boycott games should be ashamed of themselves. Our Chairman has backed the manager, new players are coming, so get over it! Without the chairman Longford Town would have gone to the wall-FACT. Club have given us some great days so get behind them now when they need it most.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast