Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mid season thougths.

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NeverFeltBetter View Post
    OK, leaving aside some of the general craziness, is there any truth to his claims about late payments?
    Well he seems to be implying he is the only player in the whole squad that received payments late. He also claims a box of cornflakes cost £5 so I'd take everything in the interview with a massage dose of salt.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Also afaik the burger van is not owned by limerick Fc. It's a private enterprise that leases the space on match nights. Their certainly not going to hand over cash or even loose change to a limerick player as wages. His claims make absolutely no sense.

International Prospect NeverFeltBetter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    581 Posts
    A comment on the original article (I added some paragraph breaks):

I actually had to read this twice. Never in my life have a read such a fictitious and libelous article. Knowing the Herald can only report what they have been told, I find myself completely aghast at the comments made by someone I called friend. A man I bent over backwards to help and make him feel at home during his stay in Bruff. I am sorry but I feel compelled to address some of the issues raised.

"Horses tied to every lamppost" seriously. Police take horses ? bare in mind Bruff is a scenic peacefully small town in Co Limerick, and in revenge the imaginary local yobs ??? burn building and put cows in shops etc. I challenge any journalist, to find any reference online or anywhere else to this imaginary event. In relation to his accommodation, Jordan spent a week with us to see if he liked the place, he returned to Scotland and then returned to stay. He wasn't alone here, other players stayed as well He didn't land somewhere he wasn't familiar with or hadn't seen before. As for the respected local business man, referred to as a gangster ?? Seriously some reporter should have told him to stop ?? ye must have been laughing at him at this stage.

The treadmill, obviously referring to the one given to Jordan by a volunteer, to save Jordan money as he was paying €14 a day to use the one in the local gym. 40 locks on a door, must have been a big door, pointless really when the window of the same room was constantly open.

As for the oriental children. 1 oriental child has been on this facility, I know this as that child is my own daughter, she mixed race and 9 years old. Admittedly referencing 20 oriental children sits nicely with the exaggerated, fictitious and libelous nature of the rest of his comments. To suggest this 9 year old child's behavior somehow instigated the installation of security camera is laughable. Maybe Jordan should look at his own behaviors in relation to this happening. This is the same child who would make me return back in the road to get her phone charger in case her friend Jordan needed to charge his i-pad.

I should point out that i do not work for Limerick FC directly, I work for a community organisation based here in Bruff with strong links to the club. I am currently looking at a host of message, screen shots and e-mails from Jordan thanking people for his stay and commending their professionalism. My heart goes out to the local community here in Bruff who have bent over backward to welcome all Limerick FC players including Jordan and doing everything they could to ensure his time away from his family and friends was enjoyable. The reputational and financial damage done to the Club, the town, the people and the businesses mentioned in his article is enormous. Something I'm sure Jordan is about to become extremely aware of. Lastly his comment about 'having to see it to believe it' he is right.

I offer an open invitation to my close friends in Scotland or any representative of the Herald in Scotland to come and visit us. I will pay myself for your stay in the accommodation in Bruff. You can experience life at one of the most professional and welcoming football clubs and communities anywhere. I could say a lot more in relation to Jordan and is behavior and habits but i am trying to remain professional at a time when my heart says dont. I could and perhaps will get into more detail in future.
    The Leader reports on his Twitter apology, and the journalists "standing over" the story: http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/ho...-comments.html
    Author of Never Felt Better (History, Film Reviews).

4. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    581 Posts
    Club statement:

Limerick FC are aware of comments attributed to former player Jordan Moore in a newspaper article today in relation to his time at the club and the town of Bruff.
    Limerick FC are hurt, angered and dumbfounded by these comments which we totally and utterly refute. We are aware that the community of Bruff has been left understandably distressed by the said article.

A representative for Jordan Moore contacted the club earlier this year and informed us of Jordan’s background and his recovery from cancer. As a community-driven club, we offered Jordan a short-term deal to assist in his rehabilitation and provided him with accommodation and remuneration.

Jordan spent a week at the club after which he decided to take up our offer. Initially it was agreed that Jordan would stay for four weeks but at his request this was extended. Jordan recently returned to Scotland and had thanked the club for their help during his stay here.

The club, our staff and players have been welcomed with open arms by the community of Bruff and have been treated tremendously.
    The club this afternoon received an apology from Jordan Moore in which he states the comments are “taken out of context and sensationalised”. We find it very difficult to accept the apology at this time.

The club will be making no further comment as we seek further advice.

Limerick FC.
    "Further advice"? Sounds like a libel suit being thought of.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    The club should just leave it lie. I haven't seen or heard of one person agreeing or believing him so if he wants to live in lala land then let him off. There is no point in dragging such rubbish on any longer than needs be. Everybody can see he completely fabricated the whole story and to be honest it reflects badly on Jordan more than Bruff or Limerick FC.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Lads, check out the video on YouTube called limerick city in motion. It'll put a bit of pride in your heart that we live in a great city, not without its faults but it's ours and no matter what deluded has beens say about it, we'll always love it and be proud of where we come from.

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    999 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jofspring View Post
    The club should just leave it lie. I haven't seen or heard of one person agreeing or believing him so if he wants to live in lala land then let him off. There is no point in dragging such rubbish on any longer than needs be. Everybody can see he completely fabricated the whole story and to be honest it reflects badly on Jordan more than Bruff or Limerick FC.
    Agree with this. It's all so crazy that he just looks terrible and not Bruff or Limerick. No need to take it any further.

It just seems so stupid - like he thought he could just say what he liked and it would never leave Scotland. I could understand it if it was a player gone back to China or something.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Jordan Moore is one silly[ typical] ..thick...british footballer.
    Last edited by da bishop; 14/06/2016 at 10:40 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Bit of good news on the injury front one the lads told me Freddy injury isn't near as bad as first feared. Sharkey back at the club too having been at home getting over a bleed in the brain.

International Prospect sadloserkid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluewhitearmy View Post
    Bit of good news on the injury front one the lads told me Freddy injury isn't near as bad as first feared. Sharkey back at the club too having been at home getting over a bleed in the brain.
    Great news on Freddy. Hadn't heard about Sharkey, sounds quite serious, hope the guy will be ok.
    The ball is round and has many surprises.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Is there any news on the announcement which Limerick 95fm mentioned at the beginning of the month? the chairman also mentioned at half time in a league game towards the end of last season (think it was the rovers game) that the club would be making a big announcement but nothing ever materialised. Could it relate to investment? surprised that its not being talked about more a bit more...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Ya interesting to see what happens there. In December we were supposed to get an announcement, then Feb, then March, then it went quiet for a while and apparently something back on the cards now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    581 Posts
    Yeah, I feel like I've heard POS or people on Twitter say Limerick fans should be ready for a big announcement, followed by nothing happening, four or five times in the last year.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Maybe their going to announce an honorary vice-president for LCFC.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sadloserkid View Post
    Great news on Freddy. Hadn't heard about Sharkey, sounds quite serious, hope the guy will be ok.
    Ya I'd no idea Sharkey was as bad as it turned out to be at all either but he had 2 bad concussions in the space of 3 or 4 weeks and after one in Drogheda they found a bleed in the brain. Up to 4 weeks later he was still supposedly feeling the effects of it all sounded like it had been a terrible time for the lad. Spoke to him briefly just before the break while he was at home though and he said he was coming around well and was really looking forward to getting back to the team which is great but he will need to be careful I'd imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerrard1 View Post
    Is there any news on the announcement which Limerick 95fm mentioned at the beginning of the month? the chairman also mentioned at half time in a league game towards the end of last season (think it was the rovers game) that the club would be making a big announcement but nothing ever materialised. Could it relate to investment? surprised that its not being talked about more a bit more...
    Nobody knows what it is or even if there is anything to talk about so nothing really to be said about it.

17. Thanks From:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12