Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: League games

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts

League games

Someone said recently there probably isn't a need to start a new thread for every game so said I will give this a try and if people want to start single match threads till then fine. 11 wins in a row now in the league and 5 wins off breaking a record set in 1923.

Thought we were slow and a lacking a bit of drive first half too much just playing passes for the sake of passing, missed Duggy. Stepped it up second half a bit and was a routine win really. Love watching John O'Flynn amazed with his work-rate tbh.

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Ya we missed Duggie awful and also Greene and Coughlan were big misses also.

Athlone set up to frustrate us and did so in the first half. O'flynn though, absolutely deadly up top.

International Prospect NeverFeltBetter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    583 Posts
    Highlights up already, from camera behind Athlone goal: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyUuf5RbY50

Even with so many injuries, clear Limerick have way too much for the rest of the First Division.
    Author of Never Felt Better (History, Film Reviews).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Anyone know whats up with Greene btw?

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    999 Posts
    O'Flynn is so f**king clinical compared to the way we overplayed so much in the first half.

The chance is there? Bang, take it.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts
    First half was dire to be fair obviously Martin had a few choice words at half time much improved second half I thought ross Mann was absolutely diabolical for the whole 90mins seems lost when he has the ball at his feet.
    O flynn made the difference his movement is exceptional and of coarse his finishing top notch.

As BWA said above does anybody here know the story on greene been out a bit now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    green has a niggly injury hes going for a scan this week. he was signing autographs for the kids after the game. Coughlan is out for several weeks and Sharkey is doing light training. Duggy is a big loss though in midfield

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    583 Posts
    I'd miss Duggan way more than Greene. I suppose the astroturf training must be having an effect?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NeverFeltBetter View Post
    I'd miss Duggan way more than Greene. I suppose the astroturf training must be having an effect?
    Wouldn't be sure its the astro tbh who have we out Sharkey, Duggan, Greene and Coughlan?

Sharkey- Out through being knocked out in 2 games and suffering a concussion the second time.

Duggan- Pulled up after taking a shot in Cobh.

Greene- No idea what happened.

Coughlan- Injured due to a heavy tackle in a game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Good to see young Sean McSweeney back on the scene by the way he came into it with high expectations last season then vanished til coming on against Athlone, thought he did well enough too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    583 Posts
    Glorious sunshine in Limerick today: will it make for a good crowd, or will everyone be somewhere else enjoying the weather?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Somewhere in between I reckon. Was thinking we would get a great crowd being last game before the break but I know of a lot of people now gone off for the long weekend.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    I have a ticket I'm looking to sell for Ireland v Italy in Lille on June 22, €145 category 1, face value. PM if interested, I'll be at game this evening.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Christ on a bike, some of the lads were out on their feet and Russell was sitting on his arse scratching his head. 3 pairs of fresh legs could have made a huge difference. Bloody hell, what's he getting paid for?

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    999 Posts
    We had no one on the bench really. I even remember thinking, when the subs were called out, that there was nobody who would make a difference.

I know that you can't just magic players to health, but are Duggan and Greene so injured as to be able to go on for 30 minutes? Maybe it's better not to risk them I suppose. I mean, we've lost perfect record, but we'll still canter to the title.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    There was nothing on that bench you'd trust to come on and do something.

That's not Russell's fault.

The one change he did make scored the equaliser.

Some really really poor performances today all over the field and if the young lad doesn't throw the ball into his net we win the game.

No worries, the lesson for today was that you're going to need a proper squad in the premier.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Ok tbh I was over dramatic but Mann should have been on way earlier you probably couldn't see it LTID but Kenny could barely walk.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Russell out..........

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    We are gone too weak in the last 6 weeks. Hall, sharkey, Duggan, greene and coughlan all out. Replaced by Holland, paudie, russell, mulhall and another. If we lose another key player like lee jay (Who is our only player able to to run btw) and we have to use any of that bench, we are no stronger then cabbo. Need players back need to sign some players for the premier with premier quality. Injuries happen i get it but the overall fitness of the team for a so called professional team has to be questioned.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    583 Posts
    First ten minutes we were doing well, then seemed to fall away a bit, same story in the second before they sort of roared back into after each goal.

Poor Holland really messed it all up. But for that howler I think Limerick might have won it comfortably enough. What happened? Was the sun in his eyes a factor? Whatever it was, it was a real shame since he'd been having a good game up to that point, some great saves in the first half and a steady pair of hands in the second. Hall was on the bench right? I presume he'll be starting again on the 24th.

Williams was iffy in defence, and the back four generally were playing with fire a lot. It's been said over and over again, but a better quality of opposition and Limerick would be getting roasted, as evidenced by the ****-up that led to their second.

We really miss Duggan in the middle, the kind of player who'll receive the ball, drive forward and make the opposition panic. Without him the midfield looks far more pedestrian, with Lynch the stand-out tonight. Thought Russell struggled a lot, and seemed to be limping at times in the second. A lot of poor crosses into the box from wingers, and some ****poor delivery's from corners (notwithstanding we scored from two, but we had a lot of corners).

O'Flynn and Mulhall didn't seem capable of really making a big difference today, Drogs did well with them at the back, and their keeper pulled off some great saves in the second. First goal was all kinds of scrappy, but the second was well taken. Just a shame they couldn't complete the comeback.

I was surprised by the lack of subs too, and the fact that the manager didn't feel it was possible to send fresh legs on, in that heat, is a very strong indictment of the injury crisis and the lack of depth in the squad. The three weeks off couldn't have come at a better time.

I think a lot of people were happy enough with the draw, considering the last ten minutes, but I was raging, Limerick were well capable of putting Drogs away in the second half, but just stuttered after going ahead, and then seemed to lose their composure when they conceded (though I fully admit my mood might have been affected by the seats my father choose in the stand though, surrounded by unaccompanied kids, old timers stinking of drink and some lads who thought nothing of screaming abuse at the slightest provocation, "Family Zone" be damned).

Ref was alright, maybe a bit finicky with some 50-50's. Saw people on FB say there was trouble between stewards and away fans? Thought the crowd was bigger than announced, but that's par for the course with the Market's Field. Oh, and can someone please tell JP on the intercom to tone it down a bit? The guy gets more irritating every game.

In the end, we're still unbeaten and still 14 points clear with nearly half the season played.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast