Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: League games

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    We really are grumpy aren't we busiest it's been for weeks is to complain about drawing a game that keeps us 14 clear me included like haha

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Won't be seeing Hall for a while btw he was in no state to come on if anything happened Holland tonight.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Shame to lose the 100%. Russell getting shouted at late in the game for not making changes but i would have to agree with many of the posts above that there were not many changes available. Mann was really the only option and i wouldn't have withdrawn Russell or Mullhall for him with 15 or 20 minutes to go. When we did bring him on it was forced due to their goal and we went 3 at the back. Shot ourselves in the foot with the OG and should still have won the game. Full strength after the break hopefully and maybe a good cup run. League is won, Drogheda were solid lastnight but not good enough to overhaul 14 points.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Its one thing the lads on the bench not being great its another thing altogether when there are lads out on their feet Stephen Kenny could barely run at one stage he literally could just about get to jogging pace and no-one can tell me Ross Mann wouldn't have been a better option than that for the last 20 than that, he doesn't need to be that good at that stage of the game he just needs to run at em cos he is very quick it won us a penalty in Shels last week. He made the change directly after their goal in the 89th min so why not give the lad a bit more time to do something. I was definitely over dramatic during the game and after it about Russell but I do think we could have pushed to win the game with an earlier change.

Like Paul O Conor said on Twitter though even with yesterdays performance I am a lot happier going into this break than last year. Nothing to complain about at this stage really amazing league campaign so far and still in both cups with the chance of a final if we can win one more game in one of them.

5. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gael353 View Post
    We are gone too weak in the last 6 weeks. Hall, sharkey, Duggan, greene and coughlan all out. Replaced by Holland, paudie, russell, mulhall and another. If we lose another key player like lee jay (Who is our only player able to to run btw) and we have to use any of that bench, we are no stronger then cabbo. Need players back need to sign some players for the premier with premier quality. Injuries happen i get it but the overall fitness of the team for a so called professional team has to be questioned.
    about time someone questioned it...same last season.on the game itself an odd hiccup is acceptable ,Drogs well setup and deserved their point.

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    999 Posts
    Back down to business with an easy win last night. Cabinteely not good enough to take advantage of our sleepwalking for the first 20 minutes and we dominated thereafter.

Bizarre (and boring) last twenty minutes with them offering nothing and us with no effort at all, just passing the ball in triangles. Hopefully no injuries and our better players are ready to o against UCD.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    A dire game for the most part tbh in a horrible venue to watch a game in with the weather. Brightened up by a beautifully taken goal by Sean McSweeney. Looks to me like we are taking a risk playing Freddy his leg seemed to just buckle at one stage in the first half and they just threw a big brace on it and off he went. We desperately need a few signings in the window to freshen things up and cover injuries we need them to be good quality if we really want to make a go at the cups cos last few weeks we have ended up with teams on the pitch that would be battered by premier opponents.

Another win first week back though and a win next week leaves us at least 17 clear so nothing really to be too concerned about.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    We got away with it tonight , the sending off after ht cost them big-time and it was very harsh taught mulhall earned the pen threw himself to the ground , we handled going down to 10 much better than they did , did they not keep Williams training during the break looked very unfit to me stupid red card to get we will miss him , Russell is not a left back got slaughtered especially first half and his crossing was awful , great to have greene back but he looked off the pace which is to be expected , what a worker mulhall is never stops running , standout player Kenny without a doubt superb display drove us on all the time he has some engine and great ability aswell , been impressed with there 9 the few times I've seen him he had another good game , what's the story with o flynn is he in trouble with the knees again ???

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    999 Posts
    Love the attitudes of Mulhall and Kenny, both worked their socks off all night.

A good few unfit players out there on both sides.

I'd be worried about Freddy - shuffling about the place gingerly and not taking kickouts near the end.

We badly miss Duggan for his balls over the top. So many of them overhit tonight.

But we showed good heart tonight to come back from a difficult situation, made a little easier by a shocking straight red for the Mulhall penalty.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    I think the ref was making up for not giving the blatant penalty in the first half to us with early 2 nd half peno. Clear hand ball by their no.4. Definitely some fitness issues but Kenny, Lee J and mulhall were awesome. I thought Tony whitehead was very good when he came on. Has bulked up well and looks a real centre half. Mulhall's 2 nd was class in such a melee. 17 points ahead puts promotion one step closer. That's all we need to be looking at now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    Our squad is really showing how small it is when we have two clearly injured players starting. All three conceded goals and the sending off were the fault of POC. Hes been at fault for robbie getting sent off twice against ucd this season. Mulhall and kenny were why we won anf lee jays got a great engine....but on 70 mins our team collapsed. The teams lack of fitness is only being spared by the part time and amateur opposition

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    I love Chris Mulhall the man works so hard for the team it really is fantastic to see, when Stephen Kenny is good he is great to watch too he can beat a man inside or out as if they aren't even there and was unplayable at times tonight. Said as soon as Mulhall went down that the ref was gonna even things up it was so obvious but he was really poor, no problem with either of UCD pens though tbf. Looks like Lee J has been trying to take the responsibility to get us going while Duggy is out he is all over the pitch on and off the ball and he uses it so well I can't wait til Duggy is back so Lee J can go back to being the link between middle and attack cos his vision and passing is brilliant.

17 points clear on top is amazing no matter what standard of league it is.

International Prospect sadloserkid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    Twas entertaining last night for sure. As casual and all as we were at times I think we deserved the win, even when we were a man down we had plenty of threat. Paudie O'Connor is well overdue for a dropping once Williams serves his suspension too, Whitehead is worth another look at this stage.
    The ball is round and has many surprises.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Good game,poor ref,mulhall never stops,o connor will never make a premier centre half,loads of cracks,half the team unfit,league will be over soon,......yawn.

International Prospect NeverFeltBetter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    583 Posts
    Eight wins needed I believe.
    Author of Never Felt Better (History, Film Reviews).

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by da bishop View Post
    Good game,poor ref,mulhall never stops,o connor will never make a premier centre half,loads of cracks,half the team unfit,league will be over soon,......yawn.
    O'Connor a bit young to come to that conclusion no? If anything he is playing ahead of his years. Still only 18.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NeverFeltBetter View Post
    Eight wins needed I believe.
    Even less if one of those wins is against Drogheda

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jofspring View Post
    O'Connor a bit young to come to that conclusion no? If anything he is playing ahead of his years. Still only 18.
    Fair point,however watch his performances more closely in what is ...lets face it a s--te league ..its littered with in tennis talk ..unforced errors.the fact that this league should and is an educating one wont hold much sway against top premier players next season.needs to beef up .cut out errors,lead more from the back etc etc.

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Ya he is prone to errors alright but hopefully he continues to receive the coaching required to improve his game. He should start filling out when he hits nearer is 20's, he seems to be pretty fearless. His main down side for me is when he comes out with the ball he tends to play long and give it away. That could be down to Russell wanting him to play out from the back and maybe it's not his style or something he just needs to improve on.

It won't take too much to improve Paudie and he seems to have a good attitude. Certainly good enough to make it in he premier here when you see how rubbish some of the defenders are. When under pressure I've seen a lot of the top defenders in Ireland crumble and make silly mistakes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    999 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jofspring View Post
    His main down side for me is when he comes out with the ball he tends to play long and give it away. That could be down to Russell wanting him to play out from the back and maybe it's not his style or something he just needs to improve on.
    I actually don't mind this too much. I think he has a real defender's attitude of 'if we're going to lose possession, lose it at their end of the pitch' and when he can't find a pass, he'll play it long rather than across the back four. That's fine with me. I agree that it's not his style and he's not really comfortable with the passing round the back.

He really needs somebody from midfield to show for a shorter ball. If Duggan was in the team, I think he'd be doing that muchmore than the long balls over the top.

Speaking of long balls over the top, I really hoped O'Flynn would come on, especially with UCD's line pushed up so far. There was lots of space for him to run into, which he does a lot better than Mulhall. I thought the game was set up perfectly for him.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast