Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has it gotten boring?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts

Has it gotten boring?

Had someone say to me today they were not going to the game tomorrow because they have grown bored of us constantly winning. Anyone else agree with this? Personally I am loving every minute of it and don't see how people that have been around years would not enjoy it after some of the garbage we have had to sit through. Really don't think we have ever been good enough to be turning out noses up at the success we are having at present.

International Prospect NeverFeltBetter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    583 Posts
    I heard that sentiment a bit when I was down last week, but vast majority of people I talked to were delighted with how things were going.

In the end, there's literally nothing the club can do about it. They can't make the rest of the division better anymore then they could actively decide to play worse to make it more competitive.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    I want us to break as many records as we possibly can tbh I don't care how bad the other teams are, we are in this division whether we like it or not so lets get out of it but absolutely destroying it.

International Prospect sadloserkid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    We watched enough nonsense over the years and I have no doubt whatsoever that we will watch plenty more in the future. I'm going to enjoy this season. Anybody who stops going to games because we're winning needs to question how bug a fan of the club they really are. There's a million reasons people might miss any game but that one makes no sense to me at all!

Edit: I will say though that it says something when a 7-2 victory (like our last game) goes completely unmentioned here.
    The ball is round and has many surprises.

International Prospect CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    857 Posts
    I am enjoying every moment of it and wish I was at all these games, I first watched Limerick in the late 80's so this is a happy time, and a long time coming. I want the club to set as many records as they can this season, goals, wins, points, the lot and the more one sided the better as we had enough of the bad.

I agree with SLK, if they aren't happy to see the club going well, it's questionable if they are genuine in their support also. Take this forum for instance, it's very quiet of late and a couple of matches not even having threads because there has been nothing bad to say. Our march to the semis of the League Cup is unmarked on here also, despite taking out two Prem sides. There is definitely an element who only pipe up when there is a negative to latch onto, there were a few trying to say our conceding consolation goals would undo us against better teams, it hasn't. Then they were saying it would against Prem sides, it didn't. Then they went quiet

Its probably this type of mindset that would be bored with a record setting season, and I am sure they will be beating a path to their keyboards in 'support' again once things aren't so smooth.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sadloserkid View Post
    We watched enough nonsense over the years and I have no doubt whatsoever that we will watch plenty more in the future. I'm going to enjoy this season. Anybody who stops going to games because we're winning needs to question how bug a fan of the club they really are. There's a million reasons people might miss any game but that one makes no sense to me at all!

Edit: I will say though that it says something when a 7-2 victory (like our last game) goes completely unmentioned here.

What I found weird about that is I missed the second half of that game and I text someone in no way jokingly asking did we play well thats what it has come to.

7. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    583 Posts
    To be honest, we don't really need a new thread for every game anyway. We could just have one for every competition.
    Author of Never Felt Better (History, Film Reviews).

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    I mentioned it at the start of the season that I could see people using the excuse that it's too easy and boring. We all know people will use any excuse and some are just waiting in the long grass for us to be beat to pounce.

First it was said we would struggle and that Drogheda, UCD and Cobh would be as strong as us. That our defence wasn't good enough. We signed one extra player in defense (Sharkey), who has been injured a lot and we have been cruising it and not a mention about how people were wrong about that.

Then it was said when we meet a premier side we will be ripped apart. We beat Wexford (fairly under strength) 4-0 and then beat a Galway team that while they rested players still have a good chunk of premier players playing, Keating, Foley, Ludden, Curran, Shanahan and also brought on Connolly and Sullivan. But not a mentioned from the people that like to complain about how we cruised to a 2-0 win.

The club have also come into huge criticism over the years from supporters of junior football. Every chance they got they have slated the club. Limerick have moved next a weeks game from Saturday to Friday to allow people go to the Limerick match and the FAI Junior Cup final but I don't see any of the naysayers out commending the club on that decision.

We have all given out about the club over the years when it has been justified but sadly some people want to complain no matter what and when they can't think of something to complain about they go quiet.

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,000 Posts
    Not boring for me. The games mean that we'll never hit the excitement and tension like last season against Bohs, Cork, Sligo, but if that's the price you pay for total dominance, I can live with that.

Crowds are up, and I'm sure our form has a lot to do with that. Kids coming to games will be happy with high-scoring wins, and their parents can do without the crowd grumbling/criticising/swearing at our players (venerable chairman excepted).

I absolutely love the fact that teams coming to Market's Field are sitting on the bus knowing, knowing, that they're going to take a hiding.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    We've been good and gotten better as the season has gone on. We're still average at the back so saying we've only signed an injured Sharkey is totally moot when we've signed several top players, at the end of preseason and scored 50 goals at the other end.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    100% agree with everything said in previous posts. Those that are moaning obviously never supported limerick during their previous 19 years in the first division. The quality of players are better than ever. To see the likes of O Flynn and Greene in our team says a lot about the behind the scenes structure. When we get promoted I'm sure there will be more quality additions.
    I'm enjoying every minute of this adventure as there will be many dark days in years to come. As already mentioned, I'd love to see us break lots of records especially longest winning streak.
    Feck the begrudgers and let's have a party this season.

International Prospect CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    857 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Treaty Gooner View Post
    No sign of a defender to fix our biggest problem last season, you can sign all the Aaron Greene's you want, we'll not win the league with that back four.

Quote Originally Posted by Treaty Gooner View Post
    We've been good and gotten better as the season has gone on. We're still average at the back so saying we've only signed an injured Sharkey is totally moot when we've signed several top players, at the end of preseason and scored 50 goals at the other end.
    I'll leave you alone now after this, cos in fairness to you you aren't the in the premier division of begrudgers on here, a Division 1A level begrudger maybe
    Last edited by CraftyToePoke; 07/05/2016 at 1:13 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    That's fair enough.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Last season's tension was unbelievable, one of the great experiences of following a football team. I couldn't take it again this year though (well maybe in a cup run). I am going to enjoy every minute of this.....never seen it before and might not see it again.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts
    I'm enjoying it and it seems so are the 1,400 every home game in division one again poor standard of teams.

All of a sudden we got a lot of injuries to key players squad will be tested maybe that might get the bored supporters excited see can we beat these teams with half a team bit of a challenge.

International Prospect sadloserkid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    Also, we've won 13 games in a row by my count, not 60. How quickly do people get bored, seriously? The youth of today...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    583 Posts
    Anyone know what Limerick's win streak record is? Or is it being set right now?
    Author of Never Felt Better (History, Film Reviews).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    15 isn't it?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    another win in second gear last night,a clean sheet..despite some big names out,am i bored?..well...yawn.....absolutely,buts its the most enjoyable bit of boredom i ever experienced.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Anyone know what the record for straight wins in the league is? Or longest unbeaten run?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast