Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Matchday 11- W/E May 8th

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    122 Posts

Matchday 11- W/E May 8th

Even spread of games across tonight and tomorrow night in the League this weekend. Last game in the opening series of the Premier Division, Matchday 10 in the First Division.

Premier Division

Friday:
    Finn Harps vs Bohemians
    St. Pat's Athletic vs Derry City
    Dundalk vs Galway Utd (Live on Setanta)

Saturday:
    Bray vs Cork City
    Longford vs Shamrock Rovers
    Sligo vs Wexford

First Division

Friday:
    Athlone vs Drogheda
    Waterford vs UCD

Saturday:
    Cobh vs Limerick
    Cabinteely vs Shelbourne

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Resorting to online stream again tonight, which is a bit sh!te. Suspect that Harps might win this one.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts
    I don't have Setanta at home, and am house bound for the night - does anyone know where I can access an online stream?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts
    Sun is shining at Oriel, the pitch looks like green bog roll with skid marks on it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    I thought there was a fault with the television when I turned on Setanta tonight.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts
    Absolute and utter disgrace, shame on the league, fascinating in a way though wondering what the ball will do next.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    The absolute state of Conor Winn

A horse in a man costume.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    That was a hilarious attempt to get back it must be said. He was running parallel to the bloody ball.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    Humorous goal of the weekend from goal machine McMillan, though I wouldn't be laughing at the Galway goalie's predicament. He had raced outside his box and did well to head clear a dangerous ball, only for the ball to find McMillan's foot, who struck it first time on the fly. The ball slowly but with determination, bounced and wobbled it's way towards the Galway net, just ahead of the desperate goalie scrambling back.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    https://twitter.com/Daithionaroll/st...89991124127744

Ciaran Gallagher saves a penalty for Harps with the last kick of the game in Finn park. Dull, dull, dull stuff, but a big point for Harps in the end despite being the better side for much of the game. I say better side...I mean, they were the better of two crap teams on the night.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Thats a terrible pen.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluewhitearmy View Post
    Thats a terrible pen.
    You should have seen the free kick, for Finn Harps, on the edge of the Bohs box, that led to the penalty. A mighty display of how not to play football.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts
    Harps were brutal
    Bohs were brutal

The match.......yep, also brutal.

If there was a possibility of both teams getting zero points tonight, it would have been deserved.

That being said, Im delighted with 12 points from the first series of games. Would have bitten off your arm for that at the start of the season. We will need to recruit in the attacking department if we are to make life a little easier on ourselves but overall can't complain (but will continue to complain anyway regardless)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Decent in parts by Dundalk tonight. We were too slow with our passing in the first half but increased the tempo in the second half.

I suppose we have to be happy with 28 points out of 33 in the first series of games, but there is a lot more to come from this team and hopefully they'll do better in the next series.

Galway were very compact and defended well. They just lacked someone in the middle of the park who could get the ball and create something. A decent side though, they work hard for each other and it is easy to see why they are so high up the table.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by White Horse View Post
    Decent in parts by Dundalk tonight. We were too slow with our passing in the first half but increased the tempo in the second half.

I suppose we have to be happy with 28 points out of 33 in the first series of games, but there is a lot more to come from this team and hopefully they'll do better in the next series.

Galway were very compact and defended well. They just lacked someone in the middle of the park who could get the ball and create something. A decent side though, they work hard for each other and it is easy to see why they are so high up the table.
    Our best player was out, Ryan Connolly. Everything goes through him in the middle of the park. He's a massive loss to us.

No complaints with the result. Dundalk went up the gears in the second half and we tired badly, the pressure eventually told. 5-6 of the players played against Limerick on Tuesday.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    363 Posts
    Would agree with this on Galway, good shape about them and easy to see how they have been so high in the table. They reminded me a little like the Sligo visit a few weeks back in terms of their performance, but they were calmer with the ball, better shape at the back too.

Dundalk were poor enough in the first half but really upped it in the second, 2-0 would have been a fair result, decent finishes by McMillan, our ONLY striker now, as 3 are out injured, bit sloppy conceding so late and in injury time, but otherwise a decent 3 points.
    Last edited by oriel; 06/05/2016 at 11:06 PM.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geysir View Post
    Humorous goal of the weekend from goal machine McMillan, though I wouldn't be laughing at the Galway goalie's predicament. He had raced outside his box and did well to head clear a dangerous ball, only for the ball to find McMillan's foot, who struck it first time on the fly. The ball slowly but with determination, bounced and wobbled it's way towards the Galway net, just ahead of the desperate goalie scrambling back.
    He did well to come out. The funny part was just how slow he was to be fair. I know he's a big guy and not quick on the turn but there really wasn't any power on the shot and I'd wager most other LOI keepers would have got there.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geysir View Post
    It was a weak header I thought. Got under the ball and not much distance.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    346 Posts
    Desperate game in Finn Park,Bohs are horrendous and we weren't far behind,felt like a victory in the end though and I'm sure it felt like a defeat for Bohs with the penalty so late,Bohs now haven't scored in 4 league games in a row which is pretty mad and I'd say Keith Long will be soon under alot of pressure.As for us if we play like that in the Brandywell we will get a tanking!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    271 Posts
    Absolutely dreadful stuff in the first half it has to be most pathetic half of football I seen in a long long time. The second was a bit better. I wasn't that impressed with Derry as between Mcnamee & Patterson they did their best to make a mess of it the only thing that saves them was they we were absolutely chronic bad. I reckon we should have got a peno as the Connolly gave a free kick on the edge of the area when the challenge seemed to be inside the box. It's uphill from here that's three defeats on the trot and with clowns like Kelly & Cawley in midfield things are looking grim. It will be a difficult game in Galway & a draw is the best thing to hope for.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast