Fixtures 29th/30th/2nd

Galway one up after 2 minutes...
    Sporting F*ck All!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    218 Posts
    Fantastic stuff. No doubt TC will say we had a decent start!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    218 Posts
    2-0 now. Time for the board to pull their finger out and sack Cousins before it's too late. He got rid of the older players cos he couldn't handle them and brought in younger lads. And from what I've seen so far he can't handle them either. I noticed one or two of them recently, when Cousins tried to give some advice they just turned their backs on him. He's lost the dressing room and going by his interview from the Sligo game he's lost the plot.
    A lovely man outside the pitch and dressing room but I think his time has run out.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    218 Posts
    2-2 now! TC must of actually come up with a Plan B after all these years!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts
    To borrow a common internet phrase:
    OMG
    Also:
    WTF?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts
    Poor quaility game in turners X, I can't see Cork challenging Dundalk for the title. As for us I would love to say we are a work in progress etc but the truth is that we are just poor this season. No physicality to our play, poor passing & movement. It's going to be a long arduous campaign.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Town Legend View Post
    2-2 now! TC must of actually come up with a Plan B after all these years!
    2-2 was probably the least Longford deserved. We were utter catpíss. It was a truly woeful performance from United that was nowhere near good enough. Very disappointing to drop points from being 2-0 up, we should have seen the game out comfortably. Big wake up call for all.
    roddy collins you're a flanker you're a flanker!

8. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    I'm sure Dundalk and their new fans couldn't give a rats ass about it, but its clear for all to see that the quality in the league this season is at an all time low.I've seen cork,pats & Derry now and none of the 3 are very good. At all.

Don't even get me started on the troglodytes wearing the green & white hoops this season...
    I can only hope whoever put money into bray wanderers has kept the receipt, cos they been robbed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    A very controlled performance by Dundalk against a hard working, but limited Bohs side.

Last years games between the two sides were very entertaining. Dundalk play a much more defensive minded game this season, while Bohs lack a goal threat without the injured Akinade.

It will be interesting to look back on the red card that wasn't for Mulcahy. I didn't have a proper view of it from the away end, but Bohs fans in the Jodi stand told me it was the definite red.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts
    As said by Olander, we were absolute muck tonight. Laughable that Longford were 2-0 down at half-time, they were the better side throughout. That said, a real kick in the stones to drop two points at home when you're 2-0 up at half-time against a team struggling in the league. A performance like that against Dundalk next week and we'll be wiped off the park. Utter rubbish from us

12. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by White Horse View Post
    A very controlled performance by Dundalk against a hard working, but limited Bohs side.

Last years games between the two sides were very entertaining. Dundalk play a much more defensive minded game this season, while Bohs lack a goal threat without the injured Akinade.

It will be interesting to look back on the red card that wasn't for Mulcahy. I didn't have a proper view of it from the away end, but Bohs fans in the Jodi stand told me it was the definite red.
    I was sitting in the Jodi right in line with the play and it was a clear red as far as I could see. It obviously didn't matter in the end, it was a great free kick from Horgan considering it looked like it was Masseys to take.
    Dundalk did enough to win and despite Bohs having a bit of the ball they huffed and puffed without really threatening Rogers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodquayBoy View Post
    As said by Olander, we were absolute muck tonight. Laughable that Longford were 2-0 down at half-time, they were the better side throughout. That said, a real kick in the stones to drop two points at home when you're 2-0 up at half-time against a team struggling in the league. A performance like that against Dundalk next week and we'll be wiped off the park. Utter rubbish from us
    Don't be too hard on them. They've been a credit to your club so far this season and every team can have an off night.

Perhaps it is a good wake up call that will dispel any complacency or cockiness that may have set in.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by placid casual View Post
    I'm sure Dundalk and their new fans couldn't give a rats ass about it, but its clear for all to see that the quality in the league this season is at an all time low.I've seen cork,pats & Derry now and none of the 3 are very good. At all.

Don't even get me started on the troglodytes wearing the green & white hoops this season...
    I can only hope whoever put money into bray wanderers has kept the receipt, cos they been robbed.
    I totally agree and it's not just schadenfreude because we are rubbish this season I've yet to see a decent side season apart from Dundalk.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by White Horse View Post
    Don't be too hard on them. They've been a credit to your club so far this season and every team can have an off night.

Perhaps it is a good wake up call that will dispel any complacency or cockiness that may have set in.
    Oh absolutely, completely take that point - give me a crap match ending in 2-2 any day over the two-year lockout we suffered. Jesus, back in 2012 and 2013 I'd have given anything for a 2-2 draw with Longford. Or 2011 - the year that shall not be mentioned - for that matter. But we were shocking and I would fear an absolute tonking next week. Still, might soften the cough of some of our fans who are talking about European qualification!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    Pats are a shadow of the side they were even a year ago. Not much better than the Rovers side we saw on Monday.

We weren't up to much but didn't need to be to beat them. Pats had a decent spell up until our goal and from then on it was us until the last 5 minutes.

Annoyingly for all our possession we never tested their keeper. 3 points though, 9 in 8 days. We'll take that happily.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    If it's any consolation Woodquay we were flying this time last year. Now we're (rightly, all things considered this season) delighted with a point away to GUFC. Football is a fickle mistress as Swiss Tony might say.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Longfordian View Post
    If it's any consolation Woodquay we were flying this time last year. Now we're (rightly, all things considered this season) delighted with a point away to GUFC. Football is a fickle mistress as Swiss Tony might say.
    No offence - but no, it's no consolation!! 2-0 up at home against a side that has won once all season and is struggling badly, and then throw that away and finish 2-2. The pessimist in me said a draw at the start. Hate been right on occasions like that. Still, unbeaten at home, fourth in the table, last 8 of league cup - maybe a bit of realism is no harm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by El-Pietro View Post
    Pats are a shadow of the side they were even a year ago. Not much better than the Rovers side we saw on Monday.

We weren't up to much but didn't need to be to beat them. Pats had a decent spell up until our goal and from then on it was us until the last 5 minutes.

Annoyingly for all our possession we never tested their keeper. 3 points though, 9 in 8 days. We'll take that happily.
    The support called for change after last season & it has blown up in our face.It wouldn't be so bad if it was a work in progress like 2012 but sadly this team isn't going in the same direction.Its set to be the worst season since 09 not as bad but the worst since !

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    812 Posts
    We were shocking first half, same as in Sligo sat off and let Galway play, luckily Galway as said above weren't great on the night and didn't make the most of it. We gifted them 2 goals, second one a howler by Skinner and he wasn't great for the first either, even though he had zero protection for his defenders for that first goal.

Second half Kaleem came on for Don and adddd something different, a bit of zip. We plugged away and as soon as we scored Galway began to crack. Only for Conor Powell clearing one off the line at the end we could have lost it but otherwise a fair result in the end.

Big shout out to the people at Galway, the ground is looking fantastic and everything is so professional from match programme to club shop. Longford could take note.

22. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by placid casual View Post

That should be lots of new fans and long may it continue! Cant disagree with you but if the titles keep rolling in to Oriel Park long may it continue too!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast