Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Shamrock Rovers takeover bid.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RathfarnhamHoop View Post
    Just wondering where you are getting the rovers finances from? Seen consistent numbers on a few forums and stuff but can find them for free to see in full so any link would be greatly appreciated.
    I thought I saw an article (The Herald I think) saying Rovers were 600k in black as of 2014 but I could be wrong.
    2014 we had 2 teams so if your numbers are correct that probably has a lot to do with it.

[COLOR=#333333]where do the accumulated losses of €508,685 come from? No way at the start of 2013 we only had 100k in the bank or was 2012 that bad? I know Kenny cost a lot but surely we cant have spend the million or so Europa league money that quickly?[/COLOR]

2015 I think might be a year where we break even with only one team, a smaller squad so in theory less money on wages, and the European money.
    I'm getting the figures from the filed accounts. I can't post them here so go to cro.ie and do a search on company number 245954.

A word of caution regarding newspaper articles and the likes: in a lot of cases the journalists basically haven't a clue how to read a set of accounts, do comparatives, draw reasonable conclusions and write an informed article.

Looking over the recent filed accounts the only figure that is in the ballpark of €600k is the current assets figure at November 2012 - €665,739. The largest figure in this category is debtors at €511,847. There is no breakdown given of the €511,847 but I would be of the opinion that it is substantially Europa League money.

I have no information on the Kenny situation.

The figure of €508,685 for accumulated losses at November 2014 is per the balance sheet.

The bank and debtors figures are as follows:
    Nov 2010 €13,753 €447,028
    Nov 2011 €769,584 €369,640
    Nov 2012 €153,381 €511,847
    Nov 2013 €85,962 €311,562
    Nov 2014 €32,038 €120,334

So yes, the Europa League money is gone.

As I posted earlier, the 2015 accounts are not due to be filed yet so I have no figures. You can draw your own conclusions from the 'investment' that other posters have referred to.

In relation to your point on the 2 teams in 2014, whilst there would have been a cost running a second team you also have to factor in the receipts from the FAI/Liverpool match. I don't have the figures for it and I don't want to reopen the discussion other than to bring it to your attention.
    Last edited by ThePrisoner; 22/03/2016 at 8:47 AM.

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalymountrower View Post

Shows up what a precarious model a fans owned club can be If Rovers can`t make a go of it.
    Of course it works both ways - fans can be be owners, and owners can be fans.

There is no guarantee of the right decisions either way

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    12 months from November 2011 to 2012 fairly decimated cash reserves. No matter how its presented there has been unsustainable year on year losses that were covered over by by a good European run, that prize money has run out so this is a bailout really. Not that that is unusual in LoI. The lender requiring 3 seats on the board and equal equity with the membership would indicate that he wants to steady the ship in some way and protect his loan money from squandering. He can essentially veto the membership now with his 50% as will the entire other 50% always agree with each other? If he is prudent and Rovers have a mediocre season by Rovers fans' standards Fenlon may end up really cutting his cloth.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Thanks for replying in such detail!
    pretty disappointed we managed to more or less waste all that money.
    Hopefully not all of it went on wages, paying off managers, etc and some of it went on things like roadstone development and the new stand fund.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts
    No One Likes Us, We Don't Care

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by White Horse View Post
    There is no guarantee that fans will make better decisions that owners.
    While that's true, there's more liklihood in a large group that the moderate/sensible voices will temper the crazies. If you've got one owner, and he turns out to be a nutjob (Tom Coughlan), the club is ****ed. If you've 200 owners and a few of them are nutjobs, the club will likely survive.

7. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    It`s certainly a positive that there is to be investment in the training infrastructure for young players. The existing schoolboy clubs aided and abetted by their allies in the FAI will oppose any move to interfere in their racket of exporting young talented players (too early) to England.Good luck to Rovers in breaking up that monopoly.

9. Thanks From:

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    The Sun are reporting the West Ham consortium have talked to Pats too. Starting to think somebody's on a wind-up with that one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by micls View Post
    While that's true, there's more liklihood in a large group that the moderate/sensible voices will temper the crazies.
    Some would argue that exactly the opposite is the case. Especially if the debate hinges on spending more in pursuit of glory.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    Some would argue that exactly the opposite is the case. Especially if the debate hinges on spending more in pursuit of glory.
    I can't speak for other clubs, and I certainly can't say what will happen 10, 20 years from now, but at our club we've been burnt before and the majority of the membership is cautious at this point.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    The Sun are reporting the West Ham consortium have talked to Pats too. Starting to think somebody's on a wind-up with that one.
    There's probably a bit of truth in this story, be it Pats or Shams.

You can rest assured that the only interest of the UK clubs is the their own.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    Just shows that idiot journalists like Neil O'Riordan will believe any old nonsense and write about it, without any direct quotes from people involved with West Ham, Sullivan or Shamrock Rovers. Then when Rovers say there's absolutely no truth in it, or contact from either west ham or sullivan, he repeats the story, again with no direct quotes from the people involved. Sickening that a WUM like him is getting away with conning a wage writing about football in this country.

15. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sundance kid View Post
    Just shows that idiot journalists like Neil O'Riordan will believe any old nonsense and write about it, without any direct quotes from people involved with West Ham, Sullivan or Shamrock Rovers. Then when Rovers say there's absolutely no truth in it, or contact from either west ham or sullivan, he repeats the story, again with no direct quotes from the people involved. Sickening that a WUM like him is getting away with conning a wage writing about football in this country.
    Do you not realise that this is how most football stories work, not just in Ireland but all over. Stories get leaked all the time to journalists on the basis of no direct quotes. It doesn't mean there's no truth to the story. I happen to think O'Riordan and all the journalists covering the league here do a pretty good job.

17. Thanks From:

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    There was never any truth to the story, and thankfully the rovers membership knew this. Its Pats turn now apparently, after rovers, who never spoke to anybody turned them down.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts
    The actual facts are : agents on behalf of a two Premiership clubs made an approach to the Rovers board but didn't disclose the names of their clients - the Rovers board declined to engage with them. So there is some basis to this story albeit no confirmation as to whether WHU were one of the clubs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    The old adage that somewhere in the middle lies the truth!

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    I'd guess it's probably an Irish-based agent with links to clubs in England flying some kites. O'Riordan's a good journalist but papers don't refuse ink, etc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Shamrock Rovers F.C. is pleased to announce the appointment of Brendan Murray as Chief Executive Officer.
    http://www.shamrockrovers.ie/news/la...eo-appointment

Where does that leave Jonathan Roche's man Noel Byrne?

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    http://www.shamrockrovers.ie/news/la...eo-appointment

Where does that leave Jonathan Roche's man Noel Byrne?
    What does the CEO position have to do with Noel Byrne?????????

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sundance kid View Post
    What does the CEO position have to do with Noel Byrne?????????
    That is the question I am asking....

Will the new Chief Executive Officer appointment have any impact on the current General Manager.

Will Noel Byrne be staying on as full time General Manager & Club Secretary?
    If he is, will some of his job functions now be assumed by the new CEO?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast