Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stephen Kenny extends contract to 2018

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts

Stephen Kenny extends contract to 2018

Stephen Kenny signing an extension to his contract means that Dundalk are likely to remain the benchmark team for the next 3 seasons

Typical of Kenny, in the dundalkfc.com interview he praises everyone else for the success achieved to date

http://www.dundalkfc.com/kenny-extends-contract-2/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Still bitter to this day that we turned Kenny down for Stuart Taylor and we were in a better position at the time than Dundalk for him to take over too.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluewhitearmy View Post
    Still bitter to this day that we turned Kenny down for Stuart Taylor and we were in a better position at the time than Dundalk for him to take over too.
    At least your fans still found a way to get cheer his team on.

4. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts
    His record is very good. Shamrock R made a bit mistake in sacking him(in my opinion) also.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts
    Good bit of business by Dundalk.
    He has brought great success to the club.

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    Stephen Kenny signing an extension to his contract means that Dundalk are likely to remain the benchmark team for the next 3 seasons

http://www.dundalkfc.com/kenny-extends-contract-2/
    Yep, not like the wheels ever came off at a club while Kenny was in charge
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts
    What happens when the money runs out ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by disgruntled View Post
    The money comes from gate receipts, merchandise, and local sponsorship. If you saw the hundreds of kids attending the Easter camp and the number of Dundalk jackets and shirts on people of all ages when walking around town, you'd realise that this is not a club whose finances are built on sand. The club is embedded in the community and has become the key component of self identity in the town and region.

The challenge will still be there when our period of success comes to an end. However, given the diversity of the revenue streams and the enduring support for the club in the town, it will not be like falling off a cliff.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    873 Posts
    Everyone locally wants a slice of the pie currently when times are good but it is when in the doldrums that such support is especially needed. I dont think it will happen but I disagree with the not falling off a cliff as a championship winning side gets more expensive year on year eating in to the spoils of success so a few years on the fringes and that financial burden bites. Shamrock Rovers is an example from the info in another thread where a legacy of winning back to back titles and group stages of European competition is now a hole on the balance sheet. Dont mean to be negative but realistically football runs in cycles as we know and one day we could very well be having last ditch fundraising unless the lads currently over the club really are breaking the LoI mold. I do like the '3 times is a charm' Fyffes billboards round town!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    Everyone locally wants a slice of the pie currently when times are good but it is when in the doldrums that such support is especially needed. I dont think it will happen but I disagree with the not falling off a cliff as a championship winning side gets more expensive year on year eating in to the spoils of success so a few years on the fringes and that financial burden bites. Shamrock Rovers is an example from the info in another thread where a legacy of winning back to back titles and group stages of European competition is now a hole on the balance sheet. Dont mean to be negative but realistically football runs in cycles as we know and one day we could very well be having last ditch fundraising unless the lads currently over the club really are breaking the LoI mold. I do like the '3 times is a charm' Fyffes billboards round town!
    I thought they said 3rd times a charm and they were talking about how City are going to lift the title this year.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    It's worth noting that there was hardly huge amounts of money available when Kenny first arrived.

He built a team on a modest budget that finished 2nd in his first season. Of course many of his signings since then (like Finn, Rogers, Horgan, McEleney) have hardly been from the bargain basement, and the wage bill has expanded significantly on the back of the success achieved. The financial returns from being successful (especially Champions League qualification) have pushed the club into successive profits.

This glory period will end (and money will get tighter as a result)- but I doubt that will happen in the immediate future

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts
    It won't, we're spending 1k every week on the euromillions

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts
    Title wins for Shels, Drogheda, Bohs, Sligo in recent years were swiftly followed by near winding up orders, examinerships and the proverbial begging bowls. When the wheels fall of title winning sides recent history tells us if happens very quickly and spectacularly.

Dundalk are no different, they are now paying the best wages in the league to keep this title winning side together, it doesn't take much to kick off a severe decline. The club shown how vulnerable they can be as recently as 2012 when they got things wrong on the field.
    The Leinster Senior League needs a strong Bohemians

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by total hoofball View Post
    Title wins for Shels, Drogheda, Bohs, Sligo in recent years were swiftly followed by near winding up orders, examinerships and the proverbial begging bowls.
    I am not sure about the inclusion of Sligo in that list, but Shels, Drogheda and Bohs were all clearly spending well beyond their means.

This is not the case with the current Dundalk club.

16. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    I'm a Shamrock Rovers fan but I really hope that everyone is wrong about Dundalk overspending and having financial problems when they stop wining as despite some of their fans being really annoying on social media I have a bit of a soft spot for Dundalk for a few reasons but even if I didn't I wouldn't want any club, even Bohs, to have money trouble in the league. We've enough problems in the LOI without wishing any on other teams and what does it tell potential fans if a team can go from world beaters to buckets outside the ground within a few years?

Shed End.. **** off with your joe delaney stand
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    I am not sure about the inclusion of Sligo in that list
    Never mind that, he completely forgot about us

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    as long as Fyffes continue to subsidise the wages of Dundalk, the longer they can attract the best players in ireland, and the longer their success will continue.
    I dont see Kenny taking a job overseas anytime soon so he will want to secure his LOI legacy with dundalk
    Shamrock Rovers- Where trophies are won and envy is scarce

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    873 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by placid casual View Post
    as long as Fyffes continue to subsidise the wages of Dundalk,
    Crude way of defining sponsorship! Is Pepper only lending money to Rovers or are they subsidising players wages too? Mind you if Dundalk players are on the Fyffes payroll rather than Dundalk's great stuff.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    I don't know the insides of Fyffes sponsorship of Dundalk, but I have heard from Dundalk people that they were paying or subsidising Towell's wage (but you know how much nonsense fans spout in this league, especially when they're trying to prove their team has the tiniest budget). I do know Fyffes have taken an active role in promoting their sponsorship of Dundalk, whereas Pepper is pretty much just the logo on the jersey.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Pepper now has a far bigger say in Rovers than any other sponsor has in the league

23. Thanks From:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast