Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 32404142

Thread: LOI Attendances 2016

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    Don't think I have any estimated attendances for either Pats or Shamrock Rovers off the top of my head.
    UCD is one I was surprised by, they're usually good for official figures but proved very difficult to get them this year.
    I took a handful of estimates from Extratime, mostly from places I simply wasnt able get any figure, but I noticed they had a lot more estimates than I had, which is strange enough as I had thought they got a lot of their official figures from on here too.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Extratime had three estimates for Pat's but Pat's will always give an official figure. I have the three jotted down somewhere.
    I think they had two for Limerick as well but I'm sure Keith or someone else there would have correct figures.
    A lot of people surprised with UCD but I certainly got figures the times I was there this year.
    It's generally a case of finding out who at each club will have the figure. It's a media person at some; secretary at others; and so on..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    Estimates I have are, all of Derrys games, two of Pats, two Shamrock Rovers, a couple of Wexford games but I have to go back through the thread here where ForzaForth throws them in from time to time.

Limericks last two games never had official attendances released as far as I could tell, Athlone hardly ever released figures only happened to get a handful of them off Battery Rover on here, only one estimate from Cobh, one from Shels and a handful of UCD games.

I wish all clubs just announced their attendances. Normally Extratimes estimates tend to be a good bit wide of the mark, so mostly I'd take an estimate from fans of the clubs in question, most of the time whatever sort of average estimate comes from on here.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    I'd know most of the Extratime lads that cover Dublin games and we've commented on how hard it is to make accurate estimates/guesstimates.
    But some that appear here or there or twitter are way off the mark. I was at a game in Tallaght last season, 2015; and there were maybe 300 in the main stand including visiting fans and no more than 200 on the far side. There was no official figure that I could find but the various estimates online ranged from 900 to 1,100.....

Having said all this. I was always under the impression a figure from each game was forwarded to the FAI - it just may not be made available on the night even to those (media or whoever) who request it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    454 Posts
    Nigel

If you're missing any Youths home matches, just post them here. I usually take the figure mentioned in the local papers, but I think there might have been one or two cases where no figure was given.

6. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    I'll give a full list of games I'm missing when I get the chance and anyone able to fill in the blanks that'd be appreciated.

Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 32404142