Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Week 1 Fixtures - 3rd/4th March

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lim till i die View Post
    Heard Cabinteely even have a rugby team playing on theirs
    Not that unusual in the LOI. There has been a rugby team playing in Turners Cross for years now.

I hear they are trying to start up a football team there this season.

2. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    433 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lim till i die View Post
    I have no idea how to imbed them here but for those who want to be entertained the goals from First Division Champions 2016 Limerick FCs win v UCD are up on the club's Facebook page.

The club have apologised for the fact that it's only the goals but the video of the chances First Division Champions 2016 Limerick FC created was much much too large to upload.
    Cumann Peile Dún Dealgan - Champions 2015 (too many accolades to be typing)

Termonbarry Athletic TID!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    433 Posts
    Nice fine for these.

Cumann Peile Dún Dealgan - Champions 2015 (too many accolades to be typing)

Termonbarry Athletic TID!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ATFC-1887 View Post
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uk5pKW...ature=youtu.be
    Great goal by Marco Chindea last night
    Decent strike but the keeper looks like he'd struggle to stop a 46A outside the ground, what deaf huck was he at

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    272 Posts
    Seeing different reports on social media about Rovers causing trouble in Sligo in regards to banners & other antisocial behaviour any truth in it ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by codology View Post
    Rovers were decent enough,Sligo will do ok but won't finish with 11 too often.I normally defend Rover support but to see one of their former directors getting battered by his own "supporters" needs to be dealt with.
    I have to ask a question here, you 'normally defend Rover support to see one of their former directors getting battered by his own "supporters" needs to be dealt with.', so you condone OAP's being assaulted in O Neiil's on Churchill (as reported on this thread,) by Rover support, but make a distinction when one of your own is battered by the slack jaws. There appears to be types associated with your outfit.

(1) The Shavs, offensive to ear and eye, wearing expressions of puzzled stupidity, like animals in pain, faces smeared with white powder of dubious provenance as they embarrass the league , Ireland and humanity.

(2) The Shavvie Pointers, those who seek to justify or rationalise the Shav's behaviour, out of some sense of exceptionalism.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by redarmyfaction View Post
    I have to ask a question here, you 'normally defend Rover support to see one of their former directors getting battered by his own "supporters" needs to be dealt with.', so you condone OAP's being assaulted in O Neiil's on Churchill (as reported on this thread,) by Rover support, but make a distinction when one of your own is battered by the slack jaws. There appears to be types associated with your outfit.

(1) The Shavs, offensive to ear and eye, wearing expressions of puzzled stupidity, like animals in pain, faces smeared with white powder of dubious provenance as they embarrass the league , Ireland and humanity.

(2) The Shavvie Pointers, those who seek to justify or rationalise the Shav's behaviour, out of some sense of exceptionalism.
    The only distinction I make is that Rovers are responsible for the behaviour of their fans in grounds,there really is very little they can do to police outside grounds and in case there is any doubt,I would throw away the key for any fu.... r who behaves like a neanderthal.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    390 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by D24Saint View Post
    Seeing different reports on social media about Rovers causing trouble in Sligo in regards to banners & other antisocial behaviour any truth in it ?
    Can only really comment on what I saw in the ground

Seat thrown onto the pitch pre game.

Someone removed by the Gardai in the first half.

Looked over at one stage and they were burning a flag of some sort

Another time they were trying to break off one half of an advertising hoarding. When I looked back again it has been removed but not sure if this was precautionary or they had managed to break it off.

There was a huge crowd of them there and I'm not saying they're all involved in this but it's a regular occurrence whenever they turn up.

They had a banner saying something like Shame on Sligo for hiring a War Criminal as well but I think stuff like that is going to be happening a lot.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nah Nah Nah Nah View Post

Another time they were trying to break off one half of an advertising hoarding. When I looked back again it has been removed but not sure if this was precautionary or they had managed to break it off.

There was a huge crowd of them there and I'm not saying they're all involved in this but it's a regular occurrence whenever they turn up.

They had a banner saying something like Shame on Sligo for hiring a War Criminal as well but I think stuff like that is going to be happening a lot.
    I must be getting de-sensitised to hooliganism from Shamrock Rovers fans.

After witnessing Rovers "fans" attacking a house where people were holding a wake, I find these events less than shocking.

By the way, I had an interesting conversation with a Rovers fan in the middle of the away crowd in Bray on Saturday night. I asked him what he was doing there and he said that he loves LOI football but can't stand being associated with Rovers away fans so decided on a short trip to Bray rather than going to Sligo.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by White Horse View Post
    Not that unusual in the LOI. There has been a rugby team playing in Turners Cross for years now.

I hear they are trying to start up a football team there this season.
    Sure didn't Dev himself score a penalty at the Box in a rugby game once upon a time. So the famous table quiz question goes. "Which former President scored a penalty at Turners Cross?"

12. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts

Not defending any of the actions of Rovers fans at all (don't even have a clear picture of what happened to be honest) but is anyone suggesting there was a problem with the banner? While its probably a little over the top, any former Royal Marine coming to work in football in Ireland must know what to expect?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by El-Pietro View Post
    Sure didn't Dev himself score a penalty at the Box in a rugby game once upon a time. So the famous table quiz question goes. "Which former President scored a penalty at Turners Cross?"
    I didn't know that. I must be a nerd, I love these little bits of history.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    I didn't know that. I must be a nerd, I love these little bits of history.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turner...ium%29#History

Cork Constitution, then a rugby and cricket club, was the first club to lease the Turners Cross grounds in 1897. (A once popular trivia question was "Which President of Ireland scored a penalty at Turner's Cross?" The answer is Éamon de Valera (1882–1975) who in his early years played rugby for Rockwell. The penalty in question was during a Rockwell vs Cork Constitution rugby match in the Munster Cup.)

16. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    390 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by El-Pietro View Post
    Not defending any of the actions of Rovers fans at all (don't even have a clear picture of what happened to be honest) but is anyone suggesting there was a problem with the banner? While its probably a little over the top, any former Royal Marine coming to work in football in Ireland must know what to expect?
    Nope no one has a problem with the banner that I'm aware of. Just put it in as an aside. It's going to be happening in most games like I said.
    Last edited by Nah Nah Nah Nah; 06/03/2016 at 9:17 PM.

18. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    390 Posts
    I must be getting de-sensitised to hooliganism from Shamrock Rovers fans.

After witnessing Rovers "fans" attacking a house where people were holding a wake, I find these events less than shocking.

By the way, I had an interesting conversation with a Rovers fan in the middle of the away crowd in Bray on Saturday night. I asked him what he was doing there and he said that he loves LOI football but can't stand being associated with Rovers away fans so decided on a short trip to Bray rather than going to Sligo.
    Like I said I'm only commenting on what I saw in the ground. There's a few of stories of their usual antics away from the ground.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    Nope no one has a problem with the banner that I'm aware of. Just put it in as an aside. It's going to be happening in most games like I said.
    Fair enough, saw it grouped in discussion with the other stuff on social media as well and was surprised. Perhaps its just because of everything else and its easy to group it together.

It will be interesting to see Derrys reaction to him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Saturday night, from a Rovers perspective.

We played ok,not spectacular,but we got the job done,Sligo look as if they will cause alot of problems for clubs this season,they are very physical and will finish alot of games with less players than they started with.

on the off the field events,some of our so called fans who dismantled advertising hoarding,threw bins and seats onto the field and at one stage had a sheet of plywood from somewhere, should be banned from attending Rovers games but that wont ever happen imo.

the garda,when asked why they weren't doing anything just grunted back at us.If they had of done there job and started lifting lads maybe it wouldnt of been so bad.

As for the " Robertson war criminal,Shame on sligo,TAL" banner, if people got offended by that then id hate to see the reaction to the reception he'll get when he visits the brandywell.

KOH

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Must have been Dundalk fans!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Could anyone watch the games in Bwin or any other place? I could only wath Saint Patrick's - Galway

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,358 Posts
    https://m.soundcloud.com/drive105mnl...reaction-after

Kenny Shiels doesn't make excuses, except for the greatest excuse for defeat I've ever heard.

"The dugout is placed at a disadvantage to us halfway into their half".

Obviously, in Finn Park, the teams don't switch around at half time either.

For a man who doesn't make excuses, all he's done is blame everything possible except for his teams dire performance on Friday night. I'd be embarrassed to be a Derry fan listening to him.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast