Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Signings and Re-signings

International Prospect NeverFeltBetter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    583 Posts
    Kanyuka joins a Myanmar side. Know there won't be many crying over that move.
    Author of Never Felt Better (History, Film Reviews).

International Prospect CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    853 Posts
    I'll remember longer than I'd like the commentators on Limerick95 pleading he be taken off before he cost us the match v Harps.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts
    Heard that Garbhan Coughlan is signing for Limerick fc tomorrow

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    Reliably informed that a fan fav (midfielder) is a done deal. Should be announced soon

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    583 Posts
    O'Leary I hope.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Talking

Danny Galbraith I hope 😀🙈🙈

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    I know of 3 or 4 good quality players just waiting for a call from Russell to get deals done, some been waiting since before christmas to hear back from him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    853 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluewhitearmy View Post
    I know of 3 or 4 good quality players just waiting for a call from Russell to get deals done, some been waiting since before christmas to hear back from him.
    By good quality do you mean proven LOI Div 1 / Prem players ? Not picking holes in what you say, but if they are all that, why are they still without a club ? And if there are players of such quality putting off other offers till the hear definitively from Limerick / Russel, is it such a bad thing ?

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    If players are waiting to hear back then the club should just let them know if they don't want them.

On the other side if I was those players I'd be looking elsewhere. Certainly wouldn't hang around only to be left at a loose end.

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    999 Posts
    How's the money situation this year?

I mean, unlike last year, when the budget kept getting reduced and what we could offer players kept changing, whatever amount the club has to spend, it is stable?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    The usual reliable sauces have mentioned five figures.

We should really, really, be finishing off the squad soon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CraftyToePoke View Post
    By good quality do you mean proven LOI Div 1 / Prem players ? Not picking holes in what you say, but if they are all that, why are they still without a club ? And if there are players of such quality putting off other offers till the hear definitively from Limerick / Russel, is it such a bad thing ?
    All of them would be comfortably better than first division standard. They are talking to other clubs but want to see could they get in with Limerick cos they see good things coming in the future. And on the waiting thing when more then one lad is told before christmas by a manager that he will be contacted in a few days to have still not heard a single thing by this stage is hugely disrespectful and word travels fast in LOI last thing we want is to start getting a reputation. One of them is a winger and if Russells son is signed ahead of him I have to say I will be furious its no offence to Sean but the other lad is a far better player.

Quote Originally Posted by osarusan View Post
    How's the money situation this year?

I mean, unlike last year, when the budget kept getting reduced and what we could offer players kept changing, whatever amount the club has to spend, it is stable?
    Obviously I don't know 100% but have been informed by someone who has been very reliable in the past that this years budget is very healthy and a good chunk more than what we started last season with. Also been told that it was set very early and the only change made is that manager has been told if there is a special case he may be able to push it up a bit.

From everything I am hearing its 100% on the manager this year if things dont work out club has bent over backwards to give everything needed.

13. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    853 Posts
    All of them would be comfortably better than first division standard. They are talking to other clubs but want to see could they get in with Limerick cos they see good things coming in the future. And on the waiting thing when more then one lad is told before christmas by a manager that he will be contacted in a few days to have still not heard a single thing by this stage is hugely disrespectful and word travels fast in LOI last thing we want is to start getting a reputation. One of them is a winger and if Russells son is signed ahead of him I have to say I will be furious its no offence to Sean but the other lad is a far better player.
    I do understand your point, but aren't they free to sign elsewhere without telling Limerick FC too, when you say a player has been promised he will be contacted, does that mean he was promised a contract ? Or simply told he would be contacted ?

They are only waiting on Limerick because it suits themselves to do so, would be my take on it, and only once its a definite one way or the other, should they be contacted. But agreed, don't let them waiting if its a wait for nothing, once it's a no, immediately phone them. Meanwhile I have no issues with the club keeping second and third options open on players while ruling out preferred options, that's the business or pre season and squad assembly and I welcome it when decent players will put off other clubs while Limerick FC is a possibility, because it was all my life the opposite

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CraftyToePoke View Post
    I do understand your point, but aren't they free to sign elsewhere without telling Limerick FC too, when you say a player has been promised he will be contacted, does that mean he was promised a contract ? Or simply told he would be contacted ?

They are only waiting on Limerick because it suits themselves to do so, would be my take on it, and only once its a definite one way or the other, should they be contacted. But agreed, don't let them waiting if its a wait for nothing, once it's a no, immediately phone them. Meanwhile I have no issues with the club keeping second and third options open on players while ruling out preferred options, that's the business or pre season and squad assembly and I welcome it when decent players will put off other clubs while Limerick FC is a possibility, because it was all my life the opposite
    Some were just told they would be contacted one was led to believe he would be signed. It is a good thing that they are willing to wait and see with Limerick of course. My only point is it shows a lack of respect to lads if they are told something like " I will ring you next week" and left waiting 6 or 7 weeks could easily just tell em you will get back to them without giving a specific time. You will get away with treating some players like that but if we get promoted if we wan't to get bigger names it will need to be handled better for sure.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Garbhan Coughlan now on board apparently.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Another Junior player training. Lethal in front of goals so would be great to see him have a crack at LOI.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jofspring View Post
    Another Junior player training. Lethal in front of goals so would be great to see him have a crack at LOI.
    If its Keith he has supposedly signed for 19s. Another good LOI player training too would be a great signing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Ya he is young enough to play both. I've talked to a few experienced coaches around Limerick and all have said Keith is the best finisher they have ever seen in the Limerick.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    583 Posts
    Should be opportunities in First Division to play him for sure. Much better for a young player than being asked to go up against top teams like last year.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Two local signings so no problems about that,hope they cut the mustard so to speak,coughlans having another lash at it so fair play to him....this younger guy is news to me..where,when,how....anybody?

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast