Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dear Pat plus whoever else is there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts

Dear Pat plus whoever else is there.

Now that that's done and dusted can we have no sulking like last year and get in a manager and ten or eleven players BEFORE the New Year?

Should be winning the first division tbf.

Thanks x x.

International Prospect NeverFeltBetter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    583 Posts
    I was wondering what the proper course would be if Limerick stayed up, bot for sure now: Martin Russell should be relieved at the earliest convenience. I was dead wrong in defending him earlier in the season. His job was to keep Limerick up, he failed. Unable to properly motivate players, constantly playing out of form players - his son and Kanyuka worst of all - and some bizarre tactical choices.

But that's just one part of the catastrophe. Pat O'Sullivan's choices this season - the budget cut, the supporter banning and some bizarre public announcements especially - deserve much criticism. There was the Market's Field delay as well and the resulting return to Jackman Park.

And there are the players, some of them anyway. You can make excuses for the youth, and some others did great work late on in the season. But too many of them just did not have it in them. Didn't try enough.

No easy bounce back next year, no way. The crowds will vanish again - Limerick bottling it when they turn up is practically a recurring joke at this point - and who is going to be enticed by four games against Cabinteely anyway? Typical POS delay on signing players to be expected, and then there will be Shels, the Students, and the possibility of a resurgent Drogheda or Waterford to contend with.

I hope they leave Kanyuka in Balleybofey.
    Author of Never Felt Better (History, Film Reviews).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    I didn't mean sack Russell. His contract is up I'd be amazed if he wanted to stay. (Or if there was any huge desire amongst the board to keep him tbf)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    583 Posts
    Yeah, you're right. I'm still processing it all.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Knew that piece of **** of a pitch would go against them best of luck to harps anyway. I would stick with Martin Russell can't see any point changing him , no doubt a lot of players will go but how many would we want to hold onto , for me Kelly , Duggan , Tracy , Paul / Paudie o Connor , Freddie hall , dean Clarke , Faherty but I'm sure it will be a struggle to hold onto them . As disappointing as tonight is it was hard to see the club surviving at the start of the season it has come along way since then need to get a solid team to get out of the first division next season and very important the fans stick with the club too many times people fall off the bandwagon when times get tough I think the club is in a much stronger place this time around to bounce back straight away

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Russell's the wrong man to get us out of the division but who is the right man? Surely there's enough coaches with the right qualifications locally that could do it? Tommy Barrett? Jason O'Connor? Mike Kerley?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    583 Posts
    Pat Scully!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    One of those has the necessary qualifications (Mike Kerley) and he wouldn't touch us with a forty foot pole. It would be five years of finishing midtable in the first division with the nicest football playing all local team you've ever seen anyway

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Don't just need a UEFA A for the 1st division? Not a UEFA Pro I mean.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    583 Posts
    Man, what are the chances O'Sullivan walks away now?

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    What about these new investors gone with the prem I suppose , can't see how people can point the finger at Russell the team he was given to work with till the transfer window was a joke , it's experienced players like lee Lynch that need to hold there hands up when we needed the likes of him most and a few others they never showed up you can see why he has blown all the chances he has had across the water shame cause he has big talent

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Tommy is qualified then.... Goody gumdrops.

Saying we can't point the finger at Russell then pointing it at Lee Lynch

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Not sure I could blame the players. The manager didn't sign a keeper for half the season, kept faith with Kanyuka and Sean Russell and kept playing out from the back when we were punished time and again for it. I'm gutted but we did deserve to go down I'm afraid.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    It's not on Russell either. The budget at the start of the season and the delay in giving it to him are at the root of this disgrace. I blame Russell for conor o donnell alright.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    I agree. Time to find out if limerick people really do care about a senior soccer team. Don't see any benefit in finger pointing and recriminations. Let's learn from the mistakes and try to hold on to at least a portion of the momentum that has been built up. Time for cool heads and those who care about the future of limerick fc to rally round. Good thing is I think people got exposed to what it could be like.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Mean to quote Lims4ever first message which is what I was agreeing with

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    If only those bold people of Limerick would care about their senior soccer team!! I'm going to limerick games over 20 years and in general the team gets the support it deserves.

Don't you DARE come on here and try to take a way our finger pointing and recrimination. They're the limerick fans bread and butter.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    583 Posts
    I wish I could be positive regards support, but no way anything but a few stick around I think. Limerick's average last season in FD was 734.

And as much as that bandwagon element gets flak for their fickleness, the team consistently messes up whenever they turn up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    With the markets field (assuming we play there) we should be budgeting for 800-1200 and looking to dominate the division. There are no good teams.

But instead we will **** about until mid January have no manager and five and a half players for the first day of preseason, panic and throw a couple of grand at rubbish in late February and find ourselves out of contention by late april. Come June we will **** 100 grand up against a wall because the next season will be DIFFERENT.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NeverFeltBetter View Post
    I was wondering what the proper course would be if Limerick stayed up, bot for sure now: Martin Russell should be relieved at the earliest convenience. I was dead wrong in defending him earlier in the season. His job was to keep Limerick up, he failed. Unable to properly motivate players, constantly playing out of form players - his son and Kanyuka worst of all - and some bizarre tactical choices.

But that's just one part of the catastrophe. Pat O'Sullivan's choices this season - the budget cut, the supporter banning and some bizarre public announcements especially - deserve much criticism. There was the Market's Field delay as well and the resulting return to Jackman Park.

And there are the players, some of them anyway. You can make excuses for the youth, and some others did great work late on in the season. But too many of them just did not have it in them. Didn't try enough.

No easy bounce back next year, no way. The crowds will vanish again - Limerick bottling it when they turn up is practically a recurring joke at this point - and who is going to be enticed by four games against Cabinteely anyway? Typical POS delay on signing players to be expected, and then there will be Shels, the Students, and the possibility of a resurgent Drogheda or Waterford to contend with.

I hope they leave Kanyuka in Balleybofey.
    Kanyuka has been a disaster in the final few games but he was still a massive improvement on what you had before.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast