Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dear Pat plus whoever else is there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    There was no substance whatsoever to that article though, TG. Struck me as total clickbait material.

Having said that (and having watched the young lad a lot), he very much does have what it takes to play at a much higher level than the second tier of the LOI - if he gets the right coaching.

Easily the most natural finisher I've ever seen on the local scene. And that's not hyperbole. Movement is fantastic too, as is his first touch.

His contribution to general play is nil though. Just a pure poacher at the moment. But a tremendous one at that. Needs to be guided in the right direction pronto if he's to fulfil his massive potential.

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Treaty Gooner View Post
    Mawdsley's already been approached according to Facebook, by a number of LOI clubs apparently. Scoring goals for fun is right, has 24 or so. Sign him for the 19s and see how he does maybe?
    Should definitely try get him in for the 19's with a view to senior team if the young lad wants it.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    amid huge disappointment can i say congratulations to Harps ,a great club with real football people.who despite massive problems continue to keep the ship afloat year after year and now against all the odds get their reward and well deserved too.as for us not sure where this love in with the current manager stems from.was manager of UCD ..relegated....has done the same for us only this time with a budget...a budget considerably more than more than half the teams in this league,Galways budget no where near ours for example,our demise is covered throughout the whole season ..no wins in 21-22 games?....ffs the team then had well established premier players in it ,but no wins?we have people here lambasting Kanyuka [with some merit]..yet we let our best player go last season in Oji.Russell messed up in Sligo too ..players throwing themselves into the crowd the chairman blowing kisses to all and sundry no respect shown to what was ahead and the opponents to be played....where was OUR 17 yr old coming on to score the winner??overhaul needed ,everything should be looked imo manager,his staff ,academy etc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Martin Russell was our manager when UCD got relegated. Pete Mahon was the manager the last time they got relegated and Russell took over from Pete Mahon and got UCD promoted on the first attempt.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by da bishop View Post
    as for us not sure where this love in with the current manager stems from.

a budget considerably more than more than half the teams in this league,Galways budget no where near ours for example,

ffs the team then had well established premier players in it ,but no wins?

Love in for the manager by who?

Us having a bigger budget than half the league is nonsense tbf our budget was slashed repeatedly in the off season and I would have a fairly good guess that you have no idea what Galways budget is.

Who were the well established premier players we had at the start of the season? Paul O Conor, Shane Duggan and Vinny Faherty were the only ones I can think of you can throw in Aidan Price who was finished too. And thats not to defend the manager I have said already I want him sacked.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jofspring View Post
    Martin Russell was our manager when UCD got relegated. Pete Mahon was the manager the last time they got relegated and Russell took over from Pete Mahon and got UCD promoted on the first attempt.
    Thanks for correcting me Jof ,i actually thought it was Russell or Aron o callaghan that managed them when they went down..under Russell they had a good first season back but then were fighting the drop after that..he then sued them?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by da bishop View Post
    Thanks for correcting me Jof ,i actually thought it was Russell or Aron o callaghan that managed them when they went down..under Russell they had a good first season back but then were fighting the drop after that..he then sued them?
    Not sure about the suing to be honest.

The only reason I'd hold onto Martin is he has a good reputation with players around the league and has managed to get good players in when he has had the money to do so. It would also keep continuity rather than starting from scratch again with a whole new manager and a whole new squad.

Martin was told at the end of last season he had the same budget as when he came in which would have pushed us right into the top teams. Due to the markets field delays it got cut on three separate occasions and he had to keep adapting the players he was looking at signing to the budget. Galway kept a bit of continuity coming up and added a few players to give them enough to stay up.

I think we all know what is needed to challenge next season:

First of all a budget in place ASAP.
    Secondly stick to it.
    Then get as many players that we want signed up in the next two months and not January and Feburuary hoping to pick up scraps.
    Talk to the players form last season and let them know if you want to keep them or not. If I hear one more time that a player from last season has been ignored for two months and left hanging then something seriously needs to happen within the club. Treating players like meat will do the club no favours.
    Then when you have a squad ready to go, get a proper pre-season in and act as professional as possible.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Martin going nowhere as it stands.

http://m.limerickleader.ie/sport/lim...#axzz3qzKIW6bw

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    What a bummer of way to end the season.hopefully they can hold onto some of the squad and sign a few experienced guys.need to start preparing now and have a squad assembled by christmas if possible and not leave it too late like last year.think positive for the new season and give it a good shot for promotion.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123