Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dear Pat plus whoever else is there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lims4ever View Post
    What about these new investors gone with the prem I suppose , can't see how people can point the finger at Russell the team he was given to work with till the transfer window was a joke , it's experienced players like lee Lynch that need to hold there hands up when we needed the likes of him most and a few others they never showed up you can see why he has blown all the chances he has had across the water shame cause he has big talent

By "given" you mean the players he chose and signed yes?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Last on the list of people being pointed out or blamed for all of this is the players except Kanyuka.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lim till i die View Post
    With the markets field (assuming we play there) we should be budgeting for 800-1200 and looking to dominate the division. There are no good teams.

But instead we will **** about until mid January have no manager and five and a half players for the first day of preseason, panic and throw a couple of grand at rubbish in late February and find ourselves out of contention by late april. Come June we will **** 100 grand up against a wall because the next season will be DIFFERENT.

I totally agree that's what worries me most that messing around 7 players signed the beginning of pre season.

Overall I'm beyond gutted must admit when I heard it was non stop raining all day in donegal yesterday I feared the worst the pitch was shocking as it was add all that rain and the boys are trying to play on a cow patch.

Probably the most disappointing thing was everyone including the dog on the street could see Kanyuka was an accident waiting to happen and by jesus did he delivery spectacular yesterday of all days he should never of got near that side that was a huge costly error by Russell.

Going forward I don't know we're we go we are going to lose probably 70% 80% of that starting 11 as said above I just hope we get in player quickly and not ********* around in the middle of pre season with 7 players signed and all we are hearing the club are in talks with players.

On Martin Russell division one is a slog horrible pitches very physical is his style of play suited to that league? Imo no

International Prospect NeverFeltBetter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    583 Posts
    Looking at the FD this season, I think Limerick should be considered equal to that top half (12 points between 4th and 5th) but Russell's record against FD opposition this year, and Drogs - 2 wins, 3 losses, 1 draw if you include the League Cup game - is not "Bounce back" form. While the limitations of the First Division help, with 3rd place enough to have a shot at promotion, I'm so uneasy about the future.
    Author of Never Felt Better (History, Film Reviews).

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    People are saying Martin Russell's style isn't the type of football to get us out of the first division but it isn't that cut and dried. Let's not forget he has won the first division before.

Usually the winner of the first division it's a combination of the most physical and the biggest budget but there are exceptions.

I didn't see Wexford last season but where they a big physical team hoofing the ball up the pitch? I find it hard to believe they where.

You need 3 things, a solid defense, a top midfielder and a 15-20 goals striker.

The club have said previously Martin will be going nowhere unless he decides he wants to. If Martin does go we do not need a local or young up and coming manager. We need someone with experience in the league that can bring in the right players. If we get a young up and coming manager then we need to give them time, possibly a few years.

If Martin stays then he needs to be more flexible in his approach and footballing philosophy. It's all well and good playing out from the back but need quality centre halfs to do that. For example of harps tried to play it out from the back against us we would have beat them handy. They played to their defenders strengths and reaped the rewards.
    Last edited by Jofspring; 07/11/2015 at 11:11 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Anyone hear Pat today on radio?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Yeah. Usual guff. If what he says comes true we'll be OK, but we've been here before. I really want to be proved wrong this time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    What did he say? Did we sign a player?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    He said the money is there for Martin to retain anyone from the current team. New structure in place to finance the club and take the pressure off him. He also asked the players to come to him first before accepting another offer from another club. More info to be released shortly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LK37oldskool View Post
    He said the money is there for Martin to retain anyone from the current team. New structure in place to finance the club and take the pressure off him. He also asked the players to come to him first before accepting another offer from another club. More info to be released shortly.
    Well if that is the case we should be able to make a very decent first division squad even when some of the lads from this season move on.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Pat sat in the seats in Finn Park for 40 minutes by himself after the game just watching everyone celebrating. He looked a broken man. Chat from the dressing room after the game that he's possibly walking away.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    In fairness to him. He's saved the club and gave it a good foundation but it might be time for him to go although in his interview he said he's going nowhere. Without the new investment he's promised we'll be another 19 years in division 1.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    Pat sat in the seats in Finn Park for 40 minutes by himself after the game just watching everyone celebrating. He looked a broken man. Chat from the dressing room after the game that he's possibly walking away.
    He said about a week ago he has committed to two more years with more investors/businessmen coming in to help him. It seemed like it was regardless of what division we were in but you just never know.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Less talky more signy.

Realistically at least seven or eight of that starting eleven are gone.

Can't afford another off season of absolute guff.

"More info to be released shortly"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    Would be massively surprised if he walked away.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    May as well double this up as a who will stay who will go,

I think the following will stay:

Robbie Willams - seems to be settling here
    Shaun Kelly - similar to Williams
    Shane Tracey - local lad, fans like him, experienced.
    Sean Russell - if Martin stays he should stay, thought he did well towards the end of the season.
    Darragh Rainsford - local lad with the club a few years now, likely kept on.

Think we have a good chance that they'll stay:

Lee J Lynch - I reckon he needs to settle somewhere, has had a different club nearly every season for too many years now.
    Shane Duggan - young family, Limerick man and captain. Hopefully Cork don't entice him down.
    Ian Turner - back to cork? Hard to know, we took him when they didn't think he was good enough and Martin stuck with him.
    Vinny Faherty - a player Galway didn't want anymore, Martin took him and took a punt on him. Hopefully he decides to stay on.

Not much hope of staying:

Paul O Connor - most likely get an offer from a Dublin club but like him to stay.
    Dean Clarke - should have 3 or 4 offers on the table. Going to be hard to keep.
    Patrick Kanyuka - released
    Prince Ageymang - probably released, never given a chance under Martin Russell, looks like a very depressed young lad at the moment which is sad to see.
    Ali Abass - got sick mid-season, not sure if that was actually a factor in him not playing, similar to prince.
    Cyril Guedje - do I even need to say it.
    Freddie Hall - would like him to stay but not sure his situation, offers elsewhere, what kind of wages he is on etc.

Then you have the players staying like:

Paudie O'Connor - still playing under 19's and a future senior team captain
    Tony Whitehead - needs to step up as a regular next season, maybe as a full back instead of centre half.
    Colm Murphy - not sure the story here, still injured?
    Shane Costello - same, is he still injured?
    Ross Mann - seems to be a good clubman, been on the bench most the season though so hard to tell how he will be in the first division.
    Tommy Holland - if Hall and Ali gone then I'd like to see him maybe establish himself in the senior team, did well when called upon.
    Val Feeney - tonnes of ability, looks class at under 19's, still hasn't shown it when given a chance, is next season his chance to do it.

From Junior soccer we should be looking at:

Garbhan Coughlan - bring him back in, still a class footballer, has won the first division twice and scored a few goals there too. Complete luxury player though with his style of football.
    Keith Mawdsley - Young and scoring goals for fun in junior and with Herbertstown before that.
    Aaron Nunan - I haven't actually seen him play if I'm honest but from talking to a lot of people he seems a very good prospect.

Hard to know if anyone else in the junior leagues to be honest but I hope Martin or whoever the manager is has a good look there. Plenty of time over the next two months.

17. Thanks From:

International Prospect NeverFeltBetter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    583 Posts
    That's a good summation Jofspring, gives me a bit of hope for sure.

I don't think O'Sullivan will walk away either, but you just never know what he will say or do next. I'm certain he took it harder than anyone last night of course.
    Author of Never Felt Better (History, Film Reviews).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Be surprised (but delighted if I'm wrong!) If Lee J and Shane Duggan hang around

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts
    Pat o sullivan said this morning on radio that he and Martin Russell are staying on that he will be 100% chairman next season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Mawdsley's already been approached according to Facebook, by a number of LOI clubs apparently. Scoring goals for fun is right, has 24 or so. Sign him for the 19s and see how he does maybe?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast