Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Ins/Outs

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    218 Posts

Ins/Outs

Outspoken, I just moved your post into a new thread.

So who would the rest of you keep and who do you see going for one reason or another?

Hunt - leaves, shouldn't have been dropped and I'd say travel is killing him.

Skinner - Had an awful season wouldn't keep him, we need an experienced keeper in.

Mulhall - With Pat Sullivan apparently retiring next year can be Jamie's year.

Rhys - Rumours that he's going to move closer to home so he can study on his final year in college. We need to do everything we can to keep him, player of the year.

Rossi - Hasn't spoke to Tony about next year yet but would like to stay and if he can stay fit he's a good asset to the club, a top notch bloke as well. Keep.

Havo - Good lad to have around the squad and club. Keep.

Flynn - When fit our best defender. let's see how it plays out, in an ideal world would like to keep him.

Powell - Had a good end to the season, keep.

Deady - Lovely lad but hasn't settled at all.

Don - People frustrated by his injuries but when Fit one of the most unique threats in the league with his pace and power. Keep.

Shannon - Again a lovely lad but at most a squad player.

Kev - The mans a joy to watch, sign him up for the rest of his days.

Salmo - Club legend in my eyes, shouldn't even be a question of him staying or not.

Rice - Retiring apparently

Gannon - Developing into a really good footballer, keep.

Kaleem - Linked to Derry

Ben Mohamed - Some people saying Wel do well to keep him but I don't think he was consistent enough to earn a big big move so hopefully we can enjoy another year of his skills. Massive year for him next season.

Doherty - Lol

Shaw - When used properly he's a great link up player and a goalscorer as he proved in last few games. Keep

Sully - Rumours that he's off, can't blame him he was treated shoddy this season. Still by far our number 1 striker. Hope he stays.

Kelly - You can see that touch of class in him and he scores goals, Keep him.

I'm sure I missed a few there.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    218 Posts
    Keep: Hunt, Mulhall, Powell, Rossiter, Gorman, Flynn, O'Connor, Ben Mohammed, Gannon, Rice (if not retiring), O'Sullivan (but I think he might go), Kelly.

Let go: Skinner, Sullivan, Deady, Haverty, Salmon, Doherty, Shannon, Simon (only here because I think he'll join Derry), Cowan (injury prone and joining a Dublin club), Shaw (he seems to just play for a contract!)

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    817 Posts
    Ah you can't get rid of Salmon, he's a natural leader.

4. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    218 Posts
    His legs are gone, not fit for the pace of Premier football. He got his season in the premier, now we need to move on if we want to improve and not be holding onto players for sentimental reasons. If he stays he's be a bench player and that's not what he'd want.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    817 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Town Legend View Post
    His legs are gone, not fit for the pace of Premier football. He got his season in the premier, now we need to move on if we want to improve and not be holding onto players for sentimental reasons. If he stays he's be a bench player and that's not what he'd want.
    Personally I think there's far too many players in this squad that don't care about the club or the fans and are just here for a pay cheque and while Salmo may not have played as often as expected it's important we keep some passion within the dressing room and he certainly offers that.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    218 Posts
    I just think hes not the same player he was before he suffered that serious knee injury. Since coming back it just seems that he hasn't the legs to get up and down the pitch playing as a midfielder. But that's just my opinion. I'm sure TC will talk to him and he probably would re-sign but if I were manager I'd be looking for a better option out there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    817 Posts
    I just think hes not the same player he was before he suffered that serious knee injury. Since coming back it just seems that he hasn't the legs to get up and down the pitch playing as a midfielder. But that's just my opinion. I'm sure TC will talk to him and he probably would re-sign but if I were manager I'd be looking for a better option out there.
    Oh no I can see what your saying but I just think he's good to have around the club

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    817 Posts
    Town linked with Graham Kelly and Alan McNally of Bray, both centre halfs in today's papers. While the rumours of Sully's departure continue online, hopefully all hot air though. Also hearing we could be losing a key young member of the squad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by outspoken View Post
    Also hearing we could be losing a key young member of the squad.
    Doherty?
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    817 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    Doherty?
    Ah he deserves a new deal cmon now

12. Thanks From:

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    536 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by outspoken View Post
    Town linked with Graham Kelly and Alan McNally of Bray, both centre halfs in today's papers. While the rumours of Sully's departure continue online, hopefully all hot air though. Also hearing we could be losing a key young member of the squad.
    saw in todays sun that shamrock rovers want to sign Gary Shaw. Seen piece in todays mirror on Alan McNally earlr. didnt see piece about Graham Kelly what paper was that in?
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    817 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinho II View Post
    saw in todays sun that shamrock rovers want to sign Gary Shaw. Seen piece in todays mirror on Alan McNally earlr. didnt see piece about Graham Kelly what paper was that in?
    Just heard it somewhere can't remember where though, it appears he's staying with bray now anyway

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Had a listen to that interview with Davy and Salmo last night. Wasn't as non committal or negative from Sully as some had been saying. I think he genuinely hadn't spoken to Tony yet so he was going to have to wait and see what was on offer. Didn't sound like he was expecting to be able to go full time either as he said he has to look after his job. Not to say he's definitely staying but he did say the club have been very good to him and he was hoping to stay. Though I suppose he was on Longford local radio. We'll just have to wait and see. I don't doubt he has other offers.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    218 Posts
    Last night on Soccer Republic Stewie Byrne was saying LTFC was a great club to play for and would have no problem in attracting some of the better players next season. Always good to hear former players saying good things about our club.

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Last night on Soccer Republic Stewie Byrne was saying LTFC was a great club to play for and would have no problem in attracting some of the better players next season. Always good to hear former players saying good things about our club.
    Rare for Stuey to even acknowledge in the media he did actually play for us!
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Rice has been released. Best of luck to him and thanks for everything but his legs are pretty much gone and we should hopefully be able to replace him with a better player.

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Longfordian View Post
    Rice has been released. Best of luck to him and thanks for everything but his legs are pretty much gone and we should hopefully be able to replace him with a better player.
    Did the job in the first to get us up, but this year was probably a season too far at this level. I will say though, that the games I got to, I never thought he was as bad as made out by others.
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Yeah fully agree with you. He wasn't that bad this season at all and always tried hard but doesn't mean we need to keep him another year on presumably decent enough wages.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    817 Posts
    Mark Salmon gone to, very sad having watched pretty much every one of his games over the past 6 years. Was one of the best signings Tony ever made.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Salmo was a great signing and a great captain. He'll be missed around the place. Tony is swinging the axe today by the looks of things I hope he has some replacements in mind.

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast