Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3947484950 LastLast

Thread: Transfer Rumours 2016 season

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts
    Paddy McCourt has left Luton to move back to Derry. He said he'll sign for an Irish club.

I'd say there'll be plenty of interest, though if he's looking to spend more time with the family, you would imagine that would exclude most clubs.
    Assuming Dublin isn't an option, you'd be looking at Derry, Crues, Cliftonville, Linfield, and maybe at a stretch Dundalk.
    The IL could suit well with no overnights and getting back on Saturdays at a reasonable time. Money would certainly be less than at the likes of Dundalk though.

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brendy_éire View Post
    Paddy McCourt has left Luton to move back to Derry. He said he'll sign for an Irish club.

I'd say there'll be plenty of interest, though if he's looking to spend more time with the family, you would imagine that would exclude most clubs.
    Assuming Dublin isn't an option, you'd be looking at Derry, Crues, Cliftonville, Linfield, and maybe at a stretch Dundalk.
    The IL could suit well with no overnights and getting back on Saturdays at a reasonable time. Money would certainly be less than at the likes of Dundalk though.
    thought he had a chance of making the NI squad for the euros.. disappointed he isnt in the provisional squad for it.
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinho II View Post
    thought he had a chance of making the NI squad for the euros.. disappointed he isnt in the provisional squad for it.
    Only not in the friendly squad apparently.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Seems Waterford are cutting the squad to 14 by releasing 8 players and signing. Rest of squad will be made up of 17/19's

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts

Doubt it, we only pay expenses...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts
    Newstalk have it that he's signing for Derry. http://www.newstalk.com/Paddy-McCour...-to-Derry-City
    Shields says he hasn't spoken to him yet though.
    Have you ever won the treble?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by **FrOsTy** View Post
    Seems Waterford are cutting the squad to 14 by releasing 8 players and signing. Rest of squad will be made up of 17/19's
    Expect about 5 signings including roddy jnr. His son in law etc

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Newstalk have it that he's signing for Derry. http://www.newstalk.com/Paddy-McCour...-to-Derry-City
    Shields says he hasn't spoken to him yet though.
    It's fair to speculate that Derry City is his most likely destination, but the Daniel Kelly / Newstalk piece is drivel and seems to be based purely on a vague tweet from sports journo Chris McNulty.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    A more measured piece in the Sun (is that an oxymoron?)

PADDY McCOURT may join hometown club Derry City for the second half of the season.
    McCourt yesterday parted company with Luton Town where he has 12 months to run on his contract.
    The winger is returning home for personal reasons which also ruled him out of consideration for Northern Ireland’s Euro 2016 squad.

With his elder brother Harry on the club’s board, they are fully aware of his circumstances and know football will take a back seat for the 32-year-old in the coming weeks.
    They have no immediate plans to approach him about rejoining the club for which he played prior to a move to Celtic in 2008.
    But, if he is in a position to resume his career in the coming months, it is hoped he may agree to join Kenny Shiels’ squad.
    If he does, it is likely he would stay only until the end of the current campaign as a move to the USA is on the cards.McCourt began his career at Rochdale.
    After being called into a Republic of Ireland Under-21 squad, he was handed a senior Northern Ireland cap at the age of 18 in 2002.
    But he had to wait almost seven years for his second appearance.
    In the meantime, his career in England stalled but he impressed during a short stint at Shamrock Rovers, which prompted Stephen Kenny to bring him to the Brandywell.
    After three years there, he turned down interest from West Bromwich Albion to sign for Celtic.
    He became a cult hero at Parkhead for his stunning solo goals but struggled to keep fit while in Scotland.
    In 2013, he left Glasgow and had stints with Barnsley, Brighton and Notts County before joining Luton in a two-year contract last summer.
    He won the most recent of his 17 caps against Latvia in November and has scored twice.
    He was a marginal call to make Michael O’Neill’s 23-man squad before telling him he would not be in a position to travel
    http://www.thesun.ie/irishsol/homepa..._-Imageandlink

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Never mind Duff among other internationals that return to LoI Paddy McCourt is by far the most exciting of all to have watched and hopefully will be again even for half a season! By far the most gifted footballer of the modern era not to have played at the top of the game!
    Last edited by Nesta99; 27/05/2016 at 12:24 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    Never mind Duff among other internationals that return to LoI Paddy McCourt is by for the most exciting of all to have watched and hopefully will be again even for half a season! By far the most gifted footballer of the modern era not to have played at the top of the game!
    Could not agree more - it would be brilliant to be able to watch him doing his thing in the LoI again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts
    Maybe some sponsor will pay his wages so he can play for a club with little resources like Derry or maybe Dundalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    True! You should see the state of Oriel Park so a few wages being sponsored would be appreciated but I would add every club to the list of those with little resources.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Gael - His son is signed, just problems with registration after his time in England. Available from July.

He said 8 out, and 5 in. Rod is one, and yes Son in Law is another. Although I thought he had a two year deal at Bray.

Jordan Keegan, Wilo Mc Donagh and who I'm led to believe is Shane Supple make up the 5 that are been talked about here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by **FrOsTy** View Post
    Gael - His son is signed, just problems with registration after his time in England. Available from July.

He said 8 out, and 5 in. Rod is one, and yes Son in Law is another. Although I thought he had a two year deal at Bray.

Jordan Keegan, Wilo Mc Donagh and who I'm led to believe is Shane Supple make up the 5 that are been talked about here.
    You're a joke of a club. No wonder you're in the situation you're in if your board is getting led around by the nose by that spoofer.

The fans of First Division Champions 2016 Limerick FC gave you over a grand. It wasn't for Jordan Keegan and ****in Willo McDonagh.

I gave you two euro forty myself - just sitting here numb.

My only consolation is that it won't end well for ye.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lim till i die View Post
    You're a joke of a club. No wonder you're in the situation you're in if your board is getting led around by the nose by that spoofer.

The fans of First Division Champions 2016 Limerick FC gave you over a grand. It wasn't for Jordan Keegan and ****in Willo McDonagh.

I gave you two euro forty myself - just sitting here numb.

My only consolation is that it won't end well for ye.
    Waterford done the same thing a couple of seasons ago, put out the begging bowl only to sign a heap of new players in the transfer window. Same old, same old.

Can only say I told you so. The players above certainly won't be coming to Waterford on amateur forms with no wages or 'expenses'.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    Waterford done the same thing a couple of seasons ago, put out the begging bowl only to sign a heap of new players in the transfer window. Same old, same old.

Can only say I told you so. The players above certainly won't be coming to Waterford on amateur forms with no wages or 'expenses'.
    At what point does 'fundraising' become 'begging bowl' in this league?
    Is it when fans of other clubs are approached?
    We've been 'fundraising' for as long as I can remember.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dong View Post
    At the start.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dong View Post
    Is it when fans of other clubs are approached?
    We've been 'fundraising' for as long as I can remember.
    Everyone fundraises

But when a club says 'we need X or we're gone' then that's a begging bowl

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    819 Posts
    I've always given to other LOI clubs when there's been fundraisers to help keep them afloat but Waterford no way, they have no one but themselves to blame for the way that club is being run. I'd say Limerick and bohs fans aren't too happy to see their money going to sign Roddy's favourites

Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3947484950 LastLast