Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Weekend Fixtures: 18th-22nd September

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    433 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by patrickccfc View Post
    Yeah good luck with that one.. deserved or not you'd get no applause from us. I do appreciate that ye are the better team though, but hopefully we meet in the cup final
    The team applauds the Champions on to the pitch not the fans.Yous can sit or stand as you see fit and rue the two years of failure that has yous scratching your sack
    Cumann Peile Dún Dealgan - Champions 2015 (too many accolades to be typing)

Termonbarry Athletic TID!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Ah don't worry about us. We'll be fine. When ye lot going to start ground sharing with drogs. Yous will get a nice reception when you come down.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    433 Posts
    us told

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Yeah good luck with that one.. deserved or not you'd get no applause from us. I do appreciate that ye are the better team though, but hopefully we meet in the cup final
    It may not come to that. I still expect a twist or two to come. To their credit, Cork are a good and resilient side.

However, if results go our way and Dundalk go to Turners Cross as 2015 champions, I think John Caulfield and his players will show a lot more class than you. They know how hard it is to win this league.

Shed End.. **** off with your joe delaney stand
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    Christ I'm horrible when I'm drunk lol. it would irk me a lot but I'd applaud ye alright.

6. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts
    I find any begrudgery towards Dundalk a bit irking they are clearly one of the most effective squads to ever grace the league in my time maybe not the most talented or pretty to watch but they are super fit & organised there is much to admire in them apart from Towell they are a likeable team & worthy champions its up to the rest of us to up our game & knock them off their perch.

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    812 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by D24Saint View Post
    I find any begrudgery towards Dundalk a bit irking they are clearly one of the most effective squads to ever grace the league in my time maybe not the most talented or pretty to watch but they are super fit & organised there is much to admire in them apart from Towell they are a likeable team & worthy champions its up to the rest of us to up our game & knock them off their perch.
    Wait what? Effective and not pretty to watch. I think that's cork you a referring to. Dundalk are one of the finest sides to grace the league in years

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts
    That's just compared to the $hels side that dominated & ourselves of 2013 both beautiful sides to watch I didn't mean to take anything away from Dundalk they are a fine side.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by D24Saint View Post
    That's just compared to the $hels side that dominated & ourselves of 2013 both beautiful sides to watch I didn't mean to take anything away from Dundalk they are a fine side.
    To be fair, that Pats side was poetry in motion at times. Particularly when Flood was on the bench

They didn't have the power or pace of Dundalk so had to rely on their use of the ball. Watching the patterns of play they came up with was a joy to watch.

One of the finest LOI sides I've seen in 40 years.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    433 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by White Horse View Post
    It may not come to that. I still expect a twist or two to come. To their credit, Cork are a good and resilient side....
    I don't.This league is done,Were or at on what fixtures do you reckon we can lose an 11 point lead ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    I don't.This league is done,Were or at on what fixtures do you reckon we can lose an 11 point lead ?
    Not a hope ye will blow that big of a lead. As*long as it's confirmed before ye come down here cos I don't want to have to see that again. Hopefully we run ye a bit closer next year

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    360 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by strikeforce View Post
    Looks like I rubbed some folk up the wrong way. Well done on winning the league. But we're not all wrong you know... that pitch is the worst pitch in the league. Stadium is ****e as well and there's the problem of the golf ball throwing natives. No wonder you lot get little away fans.
    I was reading this again and some of your posts since, appears to be a little jealous streak coming out, everyone including the current DFC owners (who are actively working on finding a solution) know the stadium is not up to standard, so strange point you are trying to make linking this with a (possible) league title this year.

I'd be more interested to know what areas of improvements you think Cork can make next season, not just to re-qualify for Europe (not easy) but to finish ahead of everyone else? It's possible, anything is, but you will obviously need to be better than the rest.

A change in Cork's style or speed of play maybe? More new players, or possibly a change of manager? Rovers will be stronger next season you would think, and there will be more pressure on Fenlon to deliver, Dundalk will probably start as favourites, so it's going to be as difficult as it was this season.

Then again you do have a lovely stadium and pitch.
    Last edited by oriel; 20/09/2015 at 12:25 PM.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    360 Posts
    Not a hope ye will blow that big of a lead. As*long as it's confirmed before ye come down here cos I don't want to have to see that again. Hopefully we run ye a bit closer next year
    I was very surprised your away game to Pats has been moved so far out to mid Oct. if I was involved with Cork, I'd have wanted that match in September to try and keep the pressure on Dundalk.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post
    I was very surprised your away game to Pats has been moved so far out to mid Oct. if I was involved with Cork, I'd have wanted that match in September to try and keep the pressure on Dundalk.
    Yeah surprised with how far away it was moved to as well but maybe it's good we don't have another Monday game in the build up to the semi final in bray, which barring a complete dundalk implosion, is our only chance of silverware. In terms of the league it's all about tying off second place.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    Can we get back to talking about Finn Harps and the playoffs? I'm bored of this Dundalk and Cork handbags.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    360 Posts
    Most definitely Nigel, always loved a trip up to Donegal, be great if you can make it back. Some craic in Jackons last night we were up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    433 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    Can we get back to talking about Finn Harps and the playoffs? I'm bored of this Dundalk and Cork handbags.
    Cup of tea?

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Looking like Harps and UCD in the play offs is it? I haven't been paying too close attention but I should probably start given that we're in all kinds of trouble. We'd probably have enough about us to win a play off over two legs though.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    Apart from the problem with a few dirtbags at the end of last season the rest is a winning formula! W'ed love to have a brand new stadium built for us and a Wembley like grass surface.
    This is a myth. The MFA have built Turners Cross but they have done it on the backs of Cork City. We pay extremely high rent for the facilities we get and those funds have gone towards building the stadium and maintaining the pitch.

I think its the best possible system, let a separate organisation run the stadium who have no vested interests but improving it and pay them a proportion of the budget each year. You don't then get short sited decisions like we've seen at Dundalk and Bohs and Shels over the years leading to crumbling stadia.

Sligo had the right idea, they knew success in the LOI will always be fleeting and so they invested in their facilities.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by White Horse View Post
    I see Richie Towell went to the Carlisle Grounds to check out Limerick ahead of the away visit next week.

When a player uses his day off to check out the bottom club in the division, you know he is serious.
    Sean O Connor from Rovers was there too tbf.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast