Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: we need to talk about

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

we need to talk about

Dave McKeown.

As a limerick fan i'm very happy with the way the team turned up again tonight and fully deserved their 3 points against title chasers Cork. But even in victory it must be noted that Referee Dave McKeown put in a disgraceful performance in Turners tonight. His bookings were strange and absolute bias. I think he didn't book one cork player, yet booked six limerick 3 for damn good tackles. His fat cork linesman didn't help, and put up his flag for nothing and....nothing.

basic refereeing will tell you that when a player is down injured and receives treatment from medics, he goes off the field, and returns from the sideline after the game has restarted and with the refs permission. tonight John O Flynn revived treatment in front of the shed. he went off and was invited back on by Dave mckeown from just beside the goal posts and before the corner was taken. Limerick protested, but he allowed play to restart, Guess who scored from the corner? John O'Flynn.

Dunleavy got injured trying to batter Paudie O'Connor. McKeown knew dunleavy had fouled and took out a yellow. Some time later he put the yellow back in his pocket as dunleavy was led from the field injured from the incident. He gave limerick the free.
    Watch for the ref appointments in the coming weeks and see if he gets punished. his expenses from Dublin should be withheld for such a poor poor performance

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gael353 View Post
    Dave McKeown.

As a limerick fan i'm very happy with the way the team turned up again tonight and fully deserved their 3 points against title chasers Cork. But even in victory it must be noted that Referee Dave McKeown put in a disgraceful performance in Turners tonight. His bookings were strange and absolute bias. I think he didn't book one cork player, yet booked six limerick 3 for damn good tackles. His fat cork linesman didn't help, and put up his flag for nothing and....nothing.

basic refereeing will tell you that when a player is down injured and receives treatment from medics, he goes off the field, and returns from the sideline after the game has restarted and with the refs permission. tonight John O Flynn revived treatment in front of the shed. he went off and was invited back on by Dave mckeown from just beside the goal posts and before the corner was taken. Limerick protested, but he allowed play to restart, Guess who scored from the corner? John O'Flynn.

Dunleavy got injured trying to batter Paudie O'Connor. McKeown knew dunleavy had fouled and took out a yellow. Some time later he put the yellow back in his pocket as dunleavy was led from the field injured from the incident. He gave limerick the free.
    Watch for the ref appointments in the coming weeks and see if he gets punished. his expenses from Dublin should be withheld for such a poor poor performance
    You are wrong on two counts, Steven Beattie was the man down injured for starters.

And Dunleavy was left with a broken cheekbone missing teeth and concussion, Yet he was the one that went to ''batter'' O Connor? Have a day off

International Prospect NeverFeltBetter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    583 Posts
    I think I became numb to poor officiating in this league a good while ago, and I'm not even aware how pro-active the FAI is about "punishments". Just seems like something that has to be put up with.
    Author of Never Felt Better (History, Film Reviews).

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    I think he didn't book one cork player.........
    Of course not, Cork players don't foul etc

5. Thanks From:

Shed End.. **** off with your joe delaney stand
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    Of course not, Cork players don't foul etc
    I can't believe some people fail to remember there's a rule that you can't book a cork player, of course it never comes to that as we don't foul ever. Its right up there with bray can't be relegated

7. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Much the same in Finn Park last night. We got a penalty, but the officials were undeniably shocking. We come to expect it in this league now.

There was one point Shels got a free on the edge of the Harps box. The player to take the free took the ball in about 6 yards closer to the middle of the pitch from where the tackle was made, giving himself a great scoring chance (there was a big divot on the pitch from the tackle). Kevin McHugh went up to the referee, pointed to the divot, and the ref simply told him to walk away, despite seeing the divot himself. It was a strange one to say the least.

There's points in time where I think all the officials are out to get Harps. Then I just realise they're all simply sh!t.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    819 Posts
    Disgraceful refereeing from Neil Doyle in Longford as well, he got the big call right in awarding Rovers a Peno but he missed a stonewall one for them after that and from then on in he must have been on a 'make up' mission as he gave Longford nothing all night and awarded rovers free kicks for the slightest of challenges. Refereeing In this league is a lost cause

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    218 Posts
    He also couldn't count. For two frees we had near the end he only counted out 9 yards. If he did it for those two that I noticed he prob did it for the 90 minutes. For Rovers pen it was the linesman who flagged for it. Doyle wasn't giving it at all even though it was a stonewall penalty. And as Outspoken said, Rovers should of had a second pen not long after.
    Last edited by Town Legend; 15/08/2015 at 7:23 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    Dave McKeown.

While I agree with your basic premise, it was Beattie who went down. I'm not sure about Dunleavy, he took an arm to the face, need to see the highlights.

I don't think McKeown was biased, I think he was just terrible.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts
    Dave McKeown.

Just be grateful you got 3 points & that we played like ****e.
    In fairness Limerick played well on the night but City were terrible.

On the subject of McKeon.
    He's way past his sell by date but the League are so badly stuck for any kind of quality referee that we'll have to put up with him.