Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Limerick Premier Division 2015/16

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Steve McGann is some addition to Pike Rovers.Heard he came on the other night and ran the show.Shiels seems to be building an impressive squad up there.Heard Smith signed with Boro and young Brazier was going to Pike.Maybe rumours though.Anyone confirm?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fairkop View Post
    As a matter of interest i see keith harnett playing with Geraldines ,how did he play,surprised he is not back with pike.
    Hartnett played very well indeed - opened the scoring and covered an incredible amount of ground when his side were a man down. As far as I know, Pike were courting him alright, but he chose Geraldines. Presumably with an eye to starting regularly, which is admirable.

Quote Originally Posted by faceoff View Post
    Steve McGann is some addition to Pike Rovers.Heard he came on the other night and ran the show.Shiels seems to be building an impressive squad up there.Heard Smith signed with Boro and young Brazier was going to Pike.Maybe rumours though.Anyone confirm?
    I heard the same about McGann, although he did pick up a knock late on apparently. May miss the game tomorrow morning - we'll see. Squad does look impressive, particularly in the centre of midfield. Still a bit light in certain areas though - up top and in wide areas, hence the pursuit of Brazier. Eddie deserves to be starting for a top team more regularly, on the basis of his form last season. Boro were never going to keep those four wingers (Nunan, Waters, Hogan, Brazier) happy for long. All of them top class on form.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Any results lads?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Ballynanty Rovers 1-3 Pike Rovers
    Moyross United 3-6 Carew Park
    Geraldines 7-0 Wembley Rovers
    Fairview Rangers 4-1 Aisling Annacotty
    Summerville Rovers 1-2 Regional Utd
    Janesboro 6-0 Mungret Regional

Two heavy defeats for the newly promoted sides there and AA and Moyross shipping a lot of goals again. While the gap might be closing between the top three and the midtable sides, the gap between both and the rest might be larger than ever.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Thanks.. Big wins for big four

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Caught the second half of this game and it was only average imo.Pike had most possesion of the ball and looked to be happy enough with their days work.A lot of fouls by both sides but nothing cynical to be fair.Pen save by Neville was prob crucial as Balla would have went hammer and thongs for the equaliser.What i see of Mcgann he looks very impressive and comfortable on the ball.Got a silly yellow and possibly could have got second one for the pen.Could be a very important player for Pike this season and with Mullins to go back in there and prob shift Colbert into the middle they will be a hard team to beat.Thought Wayne Donovan had very good game from what i saw.Daly and Hanrahan linked up well too.Heard Alan Barry's name could be added to squad too.League is very competitive this year by the looks of things.Dines v Pike thurs night could be interesting.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by faceoff View Post
    Balla would have went hammer and thongs for the equaliser..
    Worth the €5 entry fee to see this, Mange is the man for the thongs I hear.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Another hiding for wembley. Bad defeat for mungret regional as well. Gonna be close at the top of the table this year

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fanaticfan View Post
    Another hiding for wembley. Bad defeat for mungret regional as well. Gonna be close at the top of the table this year

Will be close at the bottom as well as usual

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Any results tonight lads please??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Well this escalated quickly... In black and white, a one team club couldn't field a team because the players they signed were gutless and couldn't stomach a fight. Let's all blame the LDMC for it... The only thing the league could do, as much as I dislike them, would have been to limit the numbers of players any club could sign so the better ones wouldn't be monopolised.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Sorry?

In my opening two paragraphs, I clearly outline that I am NOT blaming the LDMC for the demise of Wembley Rovers.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts
    the overall theme behind AOB piece is the plain truth,our governing soccer body is a democratic council in all but name,the bottom line is its a one man show with a selection of puppets on strings who make up the numbers and say......yes.the local league has not advanced in any form in many years and the rest of the country has been fooled in to thinking otherwise by club success in the FAI etc.the Wembley demise is not down to the council ,its the clubs own fault,however the council should have done more to sort it and forsee the situation before the club arrived at its decision to withdraw which looks very poor for the league.

18. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AlanOB View Post
    Sorry?

In my opening two paragraphs, I clearly outline that I am NOT blaming the LDMC for the demise of Wembley Rovers.
    Never said you did old chum, it's the Facebookers that are jumping on that bandwagon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Ah, I see. You didn't mention FB in your original post, so you can understand why I thought you were directing that comment at me. No worries.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fairkop View Post
    the overall theme behind AOB piece is the plain truth,our governing soccer body is a democratic council in all but name,the bottom line is its a one man show with a selection of puppets on strings who make up the numbers and say......yes.the local league has not advanced in any form in many years and the rest of the country has been fooled in to thinking otherwise by club success in the FAI etc.the Wembley demise is not down to the council ,its the clubs own fault,however the council should have done more to sort it and forsee the situation before the club arrived at its decision to withdraw which looks very poor for the league.
    Well then the clubs must be puppets for electing these people,maybe the clubs could elect someone that are interested in going on the committee.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast