Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Kilkenny United

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Kilkenny United

Great to have a Kilkenny side back in the league and for Buckley Park to be used-can't wait to go down there during the season. Any former Kikenny City fans willing to head along? How do they think they'll fare in a land not known for understanding any sport that doesn't use a hurl?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    Thinking of taking a trip down myself for a few games. Only 15 minutes down the road from Kilkenny so it'd be nice to visit Buckley Park again. Fond memories of going there in 2007 in our last promotion season so it'd be nice to visit again. I'd say the first game or two will attract big enough crowds, but after that it'll be difficult for them. All about the hurling down around here, little chat of football at all and even walking around Kilkenny you don't see an awful lot of football jersies at all.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    Thinking of taking a trip down myself for a few games. Only 15 minutes down the road from Kilkenny so it'd be nice to visit Buckley Park again. Fond memories of going there in 2007 in our last promotion season so it'd be nice to visit again. I'd say the first game or two will attract big enough crowds, but after that it'll be difficult for them. All about the hurling down around here, little chat of football at all and even walking around Kilkenny you don't see an awful lot of football jersies at all.

Best, Dan Howitt

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    454 Posts
    Massive congratulations to Kilkenny this afternoon who won their first ever competitive match in the Women's Cup quarter-final against Lakewood of Cork by 3-1. Much better than some of the recent scorelines suggest, and just need to make it much harder for the opposition to create goal-scoring chances.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    I realise this threads been inactive for a while but does anybody know why Kilkenny aren't playing in Buckley Park? Is it just a temporary thing or permanent

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    454 Posts
    Well done to Kilkenny for securing their first league win in three seasons today. Shows what a good manager (Casey McQuillan) can do and well done particularly to the players for plugging away!