Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Remaining games

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

Remaining games

Longford got lucky Galway, Bray, and Drogheda all lost as well, still on track for an average point per game, the trouble is where are we going to get more points, you wouldn't be putting any money on us winning any of the remaining matches the way the team is set up or playing at the moment
    Couldn't get to the Brandywell so can't comment on that
    Last edited by Darklordsbane; 01/08/2015 at 7:47 AM. Reason: bad spelling

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    817 Posts
    We've bray and Limerick coming up soon those 2 games will decide our season simple as that

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    536 Posts
    based on what I have seen I think we will struggle to even get a win before the end of the season or even score a goal! this frustration reminds me so much of Alan Mathews first season with us. We went 13 games without a win and nearly went down only for a late turnaround in form and our confidence returned.

Ben Mohamed and KOC were missed badly. Ben was at his brothers wedding and KOC was injured. I think that a lot of the bigger players in our team could benefit from being dropped ie Rice, Pat Sullivan. They have gone complacent and dont seem to give a damn about club or supporters!
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    I can't comment much on performances because I haven't been able to make a lot of games lately but it's not uncommon for a promoted side to struggle a lot more in the second or third rounds of fixtures. I looked at the team we had out last night when it was announced and I knew we were in trouble defensively. I'm disappointed nothing was done to address the weakness at the back during the window unless the money wasn't there. I genuinely have no idea if it was or wasn't.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    536 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Longfordian View Post
    I can't comment much on performances because I haven't been able to make a lot of games lately but it's not uncommon for a promoted side to struggle a lot more in the second or third rounds of fixtures. I looked at the team we had out last night when it was announced and I knew we were in trouble defensively. I'm disappointed nothing was done to address the weakness at the back during the window unless the money wasn't there. I genuinely have no idea if it was or wasn't.
    thats the problem with the club at present. club is way too secretative for my own liking. in my opinion it is time to have a clean sweep of the board as they have had their time! how they get away with not havin an AGM in six long yrs is a joke!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    817 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinho II View Post
    thats the problem with the club at present. club is way too secretative for my own liking. in my opinion it is time to have a clean sweep of the board as they have had their time! how they get away with not havin an AGM in six long yrs is a joke!
    Totally agree Marty a club is nothing without fans yet the board don't interact with us at all. Young blood needed across the board.

7. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts
    The player of the month award for July should have been scrapped. I know these things are done by vote, but still. No one deserved it. But to then award that pr!ck Rice with it is a complete joke. The constant mouthing off to the ref is embarrassing to watch (ditto for Sullivan). Rice offers nothing going forward. Sure, any of us could just run around and 'play their heart out'. Also, he's refused the captain's armband ever since he was taken off against Galway. Funny that.

Ironic that he's winning a supporters club award, when he never acknowledges the supporters.

I'd also love to see him and his pal Sullivan sit out a game or two. Long gone are when guys like the Perth's, Paul McNally, Sean Prunty etc were playing for the club. Lads who gave everything, could play and endeared themselves to supporters (which very much helped the great attendances we got during our last 'first season in the Premier' in 00/01). The slight increase in attendances this year is largely down to increased away support.

TC missed out when he failed to sign a quality centre half in the off season. Alan McNally would have been an excellent addition. Instead we got Rossiter. A guy who looks like he's been avoiding the gym as much as he can, and his injury rate is indicative of this.

Of course a couple of wins in August would see us on the verge of safety, but 4 points from the last 7 games doesn't bring much hope (and then two very tough games coming up). Let's hope Flynn and Kelly are back for the Limerick game and that Shaw remembers where the goal is, and we can kick on.

9. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    205 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by outspoken View Post
    Totally agree Marty a club is nothing without fans yet the board don't interact with us at all. Young blood needed across the board.
    Pointless talking about young blood. They have zero interest in it. When I was asked about it on numerous occasions all I asked for was for meetings to be moved to the weekend before a home game to accommodate younger fans that don't live in Longford anymore. Never happened so I washed my hands of them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    817 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hollocaine View Post
    The player of the month award for July should have been scrapped. I know these things are done by vote, but still. No one deserved it. But to then award that pr!ck Rice with it is a complete joke. The constant mouthing off to the ref is embarrassing to watch (ditto for Sullivan). Rice offers nothing going forward. Sure, any of us could just run around and 'play their heart out'. Also, he's refused the captain's armband ever since he was taken off against Galway. Funny that.

Ironic that he's winning a supporters club award, when he never acknowledges the supporters.

I'd also love to see him and his pal Sullivan sit out a game or two. Long gone are when guys like the Perth's, Paul McNally, Sean Prunty etc were playing for the club. Lads who gave everything, could play and endeared themselves to supporters (which very much helped the great attendances we got during our last 'first season in the Premier' in 00/01). The slight increase in attendances this year is largely down to increased away support.

TC missed out when he failed to sign a quality centre half in the off season. Alan McNally would have been an excellent addition. Instead we got Rossiter. A guy who looks like he's been avoiding the gym as much as he can, and his injury rate is indicative of this.

Of course a couple of wins in August would see us on the verge of safety, but 4 points from the last 7 games doesn't bring much hope (and then two very tough games coming up). Let's hope Flynn and Kelly are back for the Limerick game and that Shaw remembers where the goal is, and we can kick on.
    Correct me if I'm wrong here but the award isn't even voted for my the pubic vote anymore?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    536 Posts
    Correct me if I'm wrong here but the award isn't even voted for my the pubic vote anymore?
    yep noticed that just now. I dont know why theres no votin any more for the SC player of the month but it should be raised at next SC meeting. If I am at it I will certainly raise it. I agree wholehartedly that there shouldnt have bein a winner! I was even goin to text in and say Micheal Slingermann. I have a feelin TD decided on it himself and thats wrong as he doesnt go to many away matches any more since Section O took over the running of the bus.
    If theres goin to be a player of the mth and theres no votin for it I will wash my hands off future involvement in the SC if thats the way they want to go as its a total joke and an embarrassement!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    536 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by L.T.F.C. View Post
    Pointless talking about young blood. They have zero interest in it. When I was asked about it on numerous occasions all I asked for was for meetings to be moved to the weekend before a home game to accommodate younger fans that don't live in Longford anymore. Never happened so I washed my hands of them.
    dont blame you. maybe there should be a separate supporters club for the exiles like they used to do as its the only way!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    817 Posts
    yep noticed that just now. I dont know why theres no votin any more for the SC player of the month but it should be raised at next SC meeting. If I am at it I will certainly raise it. I agree wholehartedly that there shouldnt have bein a winner! I was even goin to text in and say Micheal Slingermann. I have a feelin TD decided on it himself and thats wrong as he doesnt go to many away matches any more since Section O took over the running of the bus.
    If theres goin to be a player of the mth and theres no votin for it I will wash my hands off future involvement in the SC if thats the way they want to go as its a total joke and an embarrassement!
    It was scrapped Marty because the system was being rigged with multiple texts etc but the new way of selecting it as a panel of 3 SC members but I don't know who those 3 people are.

15. Thanks From:

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Who would actually be bothered rigging those votes ffs?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    817 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Longfordian View Post
    Who would actually be bothered rigging those votes ffs?
    Haha I know but apparently that's what was happening so it was decided upon this new system. I voiced my objection to it that the old system was the best but majority ruled so no problem with that but maybe a bit more transparency would ally people's concerns

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    536 Posts
    Haha I know but apparently that's what was happening so it was decided upon this new system. I voiced my objection to it that the old system was the best but majority ruled so no problem with that but maybe a bit more transparency would ally people's concerns
    when was this brought in outspoken as I dont recall it being mentioned at meetings that I have being at!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    817 Posts
    when was this brought in outspoken as I dont recall it being mentioned at meetings that I have being at!
    Think it could have been the first meeting of the year but don't quote me on that

20. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    536 Posts
    well it will be raised at next meeting if I am there as rice shouldnt have got it! in fact noone deserved it!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    well it will be raised at next meeting if I am there as rice shouldnt have got it! in fact noone deserved it!
    are you going to change your "How on earth did we sign Stephen Rice" to Why

23. Thanks From:

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    He was instrumental in getting us up last year. He hasn't been that bad in the games I've seen him this year to be honest.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts
    The way to pick the POTM was voted to be changed at the Supporter's club AGM. Although it was said it was being "rigged" I would imagine it was more of a case of friends of the players voting in taking the ****.

For what it's worth I thought Rice was one of our best players up in Sligo and thought he played well against Bohs. Wasn't at the Cork or Derry matches but can only assume he spent the 90 minutes giving the two fingers to all the fans.
    If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast