Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Remaining games

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bosco View Post
    For what it's worth I thought Rice was one of our best players up in Sligo and thought he played well against Bohs. Wasn't at the Cork or Derry matches but can only assume he spent the 90 minutes giving the two fingers to all the fans.
    Maybe just Marty and Outspoken?

Haven't been as often as I'd have liked (summer football remains a balls), but Rice has done alright in what I have seen. My impression is that we haven't come out of the break great the last few seasons either. Cost us promotion the year before last before we belated went on a bit of run to the play offs; had a bit of wobble last year before kicking on - but I'll leave that to the stat people to either prove that or not....
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts
    We flew out after the break last season and beat Galway & Shels in the first 2 games, but yeah we're usually slow out of the traps after it. The lack of bodies in our squad ain't helping matters though.

With regards Rice winning the POTM. There's 2 things that stand out for me here. 1 - I can't believe people actually give a **** about the POTM award. And 2 - yes we had a bad month in July, but somebody's gotta win it. Not saying Rice has been amazing or anything but he's still been one of our better and most consistent performers.

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    819 Posts
    Hang on now I never said I had a problem with Rice winning it I was just answering the questions on how it is voted for. I agree that Rice was one of our better performers in Sligo and against Bohs and while I missed the Derry game he did try his hardest against Cork. The only other player I can think worthy of the award is Dean Kelly and he only played 2 and a bit games so that tells you how bad of a month it has been.

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    538 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by outspoken View Post
    Hang on now I never said I had a problem with Rice winning it I was just answering the questions on how it is voted for. I agree that Rice was one of our better performers in Sligo and against Bohs and while I missed the Derry game he did try his hardest against Cork. The only other player I can think worthy of the award is Dean Kelly and he only played 2 and a bit games so that tells you how bad of a month it has been.
    yeah rice stuck the finger at me loads of times durin derry game. he had a stinker in derry. I do give a * about plyr of the mth. if done properly it would give an accurate indiciction of who our best plyrs were durin season.
    surely twitter would be the way to vote player of the mth for the ones that are interested. I see it being done with the FAI and other clubs if you wanted to win free tickets to retweet. I am sure the lads that look after twitter wouldnt mind monitoring the votes and you could do that with the player of the year. the trouble with a panel is that it is not accurate as not all of them would have gone to the games.

thats my take of it!
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    538 Posts
    see on our website and in papers today that Phillip Gannon has signed for us from West Brom. Anyone know about him ? I think hes a defender

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    819 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinho II View Post
    see on our website and in papers today that Phillip Gannon has signed for us from West Brom. Anyone know about him ? I think hes a defender
    Central midfielder.

7. Thanks From:

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Yeah 18 years old but a good player by most accounts. He had been expected to sign for Pats apparently. He played for them in their game v Man City.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

9. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    819 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Longfordian View Post
    Yeah 18 years old but a good player by most accounts. He had been expected to sign for Pats apparently. He played for them in their game v Man City.
    Did I hear someone saying he played RB in that game or was I dreaming? Just seems strange we'd bring in another CM unless he wants to rest KOC for a while but that doesn't say much for Rhys.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    In the immortal words of Michael Corleone "just when I thought I was out they pull me back in". Great result under any circumstances but when you're down to ten men from 41 minutes it's amazing.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    819 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Longfordian View Post
    In the immortal words of Michael Corleone "just when I thought I was out they pull me back in". Great result under any circumstances but when you're down to ten men from 41 minutes it's amazing.
    Magic

13. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    538 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by outspoken View Post
    Magic
    think it was huntys best ever game for us. he was immense for us! massive improvement from the week before! think it will be a turning point in our season..atmosphere superb in Oriel now if we can do that on Friday it will be a happier place!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts
    What a difference a positive result makes.
    It was a great battling performance, gaining what could be a very valuable point.

Hunt in the last 10 minutes in particular was fantastic. Pulled off numerous saves, one low to the right (from
    Horgan I think) the pick of the bunch. We got lucky when Gartland headed straight into Hunts arms near the end, but probably deserved that bit of luck.

There were some very good performances on the night, Shaw never stopped working, neither did Shannon, who worked very hard defensively for the team. Ben Mohammed was a thorn in the Dundalk side for much of the first half. Our midfield responded well to Salmon's dismissal, with Rice nearly playing as an extra centre back in the closing stages, such was Dundalk's pressure.

Rhys Gorman, too, is improving with every game at centre back.

As I said, the point could prove to be a valuable one, and hopefully with a good return from our 'big three' games (Limerick, Bray and Galway) we should be ok.

Onwards and upwards!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    Brilliant point gained agree with you about Gorman, if it wasnt for Hunt being superb for the last 15 minutes Gorman would have been my motm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    819 Posts
    Huge shout outs need to go to Kevin O'Connor and Ben Mohamed as well they were superb.

18. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    In the dentist this morning and saw in yesterdays irish indo Hunt and Gorman got into premier team off the week well done lads

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    538 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Darklordsbane View Post
    In the dentist this morning and saw in yesterdays irish indo Hunt and Gorman got into premier team off the week well done lads
    thats superb ! didnt think that indo did prem div team of the week!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    819 Posts
    Just to say there will be busses running to both Limerick and Cockhill so usual procedures in place for anyone looking to book a seat, cheers lads

22. Thanks From:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12